Bubbles arrested for choking a woman

Disembodied Spirit

I believe there's some Bubbles fans on here. So Bubbles fans what would you do if you met Bubbles and he started choking the crap out of you? Would you try to talk him out of it with your crushed larynx, tell him you think he's fantastic in his TV role or would you kick the kick the living Bejesus out of him like I would?

Bubbles is funny on the show but I'd still break his fingers.

irrational violence to trump irrational violence. That's the ticket.

1) It's a joke.

2) Some guy choking me wouldn't be a joke and I'd doing anything I could to stay safe.

Gimme a break.

• Like 2

I believe there's some Bubbles fans on here. So Bubbles fans what would you do if you met Bubbles and he started choking the crap out of you? Would you try to talk him out of it with your crushed larynx, tell him you think he's fantastic in his TV role or would you kick the kick the living Bejesus out of him like I would?

Bubbles is funny on the show but I'd still break his fingers.

irrational violence to trump irrational violence. That's the ticket.

1) It's a joke.

2) Some guy choking me wouldn't be a joke and I'd doing anything I could to stay safe.

Gimme a break.

That would be assault, at least. I won't do it. :tsk:

Poor Bubbles:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/14/article-2581104-1C4C447E00000578-839_634x414.jpg

• Like 2

TRF....judge jury and executioner within 20 seconds of reading a TMZ version of the story. Get the fire started up boys, we gotta witch to burn.

http://www.silverscreensuppers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/witchfinder-general.jpg

"Lo! 't is a gala night/Within the lonesome latter years./An angel throng, bewinged, bedight/In veils, and drowned in tears,/Sit in a theatre to see/A play of hopes and fears,/While the orchestra breathes fitfully/The music of the spheres...."

Any "man" who puts his hands on a woman like that is a f***ing coward

I have no idea who this inbred imbecile is, and reading the comments on that link ( ie "she probably deserved it" ) was sickening

:goodone: I agree with you Lucas...one of the rules of being a man is never harming a woman.

It shouldn't even be a rule it should just be a given.

What happens when a woman starts wailing on a guy and is getting the upper hand? Are men not allowed to defend themselves?

I can't believe I'm even wasting time answering this because I'm assuming you're just wasting time on a Saturday night by asking ridiculous questions. ("What if the man's asleep and the woman is Lizzie Borden with an axe etc etc.)

I volunteered in different domestic violence shelters for years and the answer is, "No, humans are not supposed to be violent to each other."

According to research done at John Hopkins, relationships where there is hitting, kicking, choking, hurting or threatening with a weapon (either sex to the other!) are ten times more likely to end fatally.

Everyone has a cell phone these days, FG. Call 911. Order Uber. Run for the bathroom and close the door. Do what you can to deescalate the madness. Don't drink and fight. But make it a priority not to get to the point where the woman is pounding on you in the first place.

• Like 7

Any "man" who puts his hands on a woman like that is a f***ing coward

I have no idea who this inbred imbecile is, and reading the comments on that link ( ie "she probably deserved it" ) was sickening

:goodone: I agree with you Lucas...one of the rules of being a man is never harming a woman.

It shouldn't even be a rule it should just be a given.

What happens when a woman starts wailing on a guy and is getting the upper hand? Are men not allowed to defend themselves?

I can't believe I'm even wasting time answering this because I'm assuming you're just wasting time on a Saturday night by asking ridiculous questions. ("What if the man's asleep and the woman is Lizzie Borden with an axe etc etc.)

I volunteered in different domestic violence shelters for years and the answer is, "No, humans are not supposed to be violent to each other."

According to research done at John Hopkins, relationships where there is hitting, kicking, choking, hurting or threatening with a weapon (either sex to the other!) are ten times more likely to end fatally.

Everyone has a cell phone these days, FG. Call 911. Order Uber. Run for the bathroom and close the door. Do what you can to deescalate the madness. Don't drink and fight. But make it a priority not to get to the point where the woman is pounding on you in the first place.

Well said.

• Like 2

Bubbles always acted like a bit of a tool in the show, now he's acting like a bit of tool in real life...

TORONTO, April 2, 2016 /CNW/ - Regarding Mike Smith's involvement in an incident that occurred early Friday, April 1st in Hollywood, following are statements issued by the participants:

Georgia Ling, described as the victim in this incident, stated: "Mike and I did indeed have a heavy argument but it saddens me the way things are being reported and the way it was handled by the police. At no point did I feel I was in danger, otherwise I would've called the police myself, which I did not. The police were called by others not present in the room who mistakenly perceived the argument to be something other than what it was. When the officers arrived I tried to assure them there was no real issue, but they proceeded to arrest Mike".

Mike Smith commented: "Georgia is a friend of mine and we had a loud and heated dispute. That is all. At no time did I assault her. I am not guilty of the misdemeanour charged against me."

The other members of the Trailer Park Boys and all staff stand behind Mike and look forward to the matter being resolved favourably.

.....humans are not supposed to be violent to each other.

The unfortunate truth about Homo sapiens is that we ARE violent towards each other, with the vast majority of violence being committed by males.

10,000 years of cultural adaptation have brought us to the point where we can move beyond our animal roots and refrain from violence. Instead of expecting violence, like our ancestors did every day, we now expect others to NOT commit such crimes.

We're more tame now than we have ever been, but we still have a long way to go. Every violent act that is exposed on TV/Internet is an opportunity for us to learn from it and make sure that it doesn't happen again. The Information Age has been a godsend regarding violence. We can bring everything out into the light, for all to see, and we can shame those who commit such acts.

• Like 2

Bubbles always acted like a bit of a tool in the show, now he's acting like a bit of tool in real life...

TORONTO, April 2, 2016 /CNW/ - Regarding Mike Smith's involvement in an incident that occurred early Friday, April 1st in Hollywood, following are statements issued by the participants:

Georgia Ling, described as the victim in this incident, stated: "Mike and I did indeed have a heavy argument but it saddens me the way things are being reported and the way it was handled by the police. At no point did I feel I was in danger, otherwise I would've called the police myself, which I did not. The police were called by others not present in the room who mistakenly perceived the argument to be something other than what it was. When the officers arrived I tried to assure them there was no real issue, but they proceeded to arrest Mike".

Mike Smith commented: "Georgia is a friend of mine and we had a loud and heated dispute. That is all. At no time did I assault her. I am not guilty of the misdemeanour charged against me."

The other members of the Trailer Park Boys and all staff stand behind Mike and look forward to the matter being resolved favourably.

Why do people care about this Bubbles guy? What's the fascination? It's not just because he's in some TV show. It's because there's some loose association with RUSH. Some people on here actually think he's part of RUSH folklore. I think some of them think he's in the band or want him in the band. Listen Bubbles is just a guy who plays a knobhead in a crap TV show, that's it.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 4

Why do people care about this Bubbles guy? What's the fascination? It's not just because he's in some TV show. It's because there's some loose association with RUSH. Some people on here actually think he's part of RUSH folklore. I think some of them think he's in the band or want him in the band. Listen Bubbles is just a guy who plays a knobhead in a crap TV show, that's it.

You obviously don't know the show so maybe you should watch it before you make a snap judgement.

You obviously don't know the show so maybe you should watch it before you make a snap judgement.

I know all about it but I don't get it. Bubbles?? Nooooooo!

Don't make more about it then need be. People here are obviously fans of rhe show and there is a loose connection since the band are fans of the show as well.

• Like 1

Don't make more about it then need be. People here are obviously fans of rhe show and there is a loose connection since the band are fans of the show as well.

I don't get the love for Bubbles! :smash: :wtf: :smash:

Ok. Fine. Damn. No one asked. Get a grip ducky?!!!

• Like 1

Ok. Fine. Damn. No one asked. Get a grip ducky?!!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/55354166.jpg

• Like 2

I don't get your insistent need for all your posts about Bubbles unless you're fulfilling a need for trolling. Truely apathetic people tend to not respond.

Either way, apparently hearing about it was enough for the actor playing Lucy (named Lucy) to quit the show on the spot.

She'll likely change her tune when she realizes her future career path is in Burger King management.

She's a minor character anyway...totally disposable in terms of the show.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

I don't get your insistent need for all your posts about Bubbles unless you're fulfilling a need for trolling. Truely apathetic people tend to not respond.

Hey you said it pal. :LOL:

Either way, apparently hearing about it was enough for the actor playing Lucy (named Lucy) to quit the show on the spot.

Perhaps it was not a snap decision based on hearing about this one incident - maybe it was simply the last straw

• Like 1

We still don't know what happened. What we do know is Lucy decoutere was recently part of a huge abuse case in which the defendant won and the judge described her testimony as less than truthful and that she was using it for publicity to be a "heroine for the cause."

One huge problem with the Google... one thing leads to another. Rumours spread... everyone has their little bit to add or on which to expand.

As Ancient Ways said, we still don't know what happened. And, if you think about it, it's none of our business anyway.

Thanks, Google!! (My name for the Internet.)

• Like 1

We still don't know what happened. What we do know is Lucy decoutere was recently part of a huge abuse case in which the defendant won and the judge described her testimony as less than truthful and that she was using it for publicity to be a "heroine for the cause."

Here's a link

I'm gonna read this later as I know nothing about any of this

My neighbor just knocked on my door because his fence blew down into my back yard lol

( the wind here is unbelievable )

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/25/jian-ghomeshi-trial-lucy-de-coutere-interview