Time machine back to 1968.

apetersvt

I don't want to go creating any paradoxes!

It would be risky either way. It might be a pesky bootstrap paradox.

What if they only wrote 2112 because they remembered someone from the future playing it to them? Now, if you don't go back into the past and play them 2112, they will never write it...and then you create the alternate timeline, where Embrace of Iron, the sequel to Caress, sends them further down the tubes.

But then again, they were probably so high after one of their 1968 gigs that they probably wouldn't remember much of what you played them. So if it was a bootstrap paradox, 2112 would become less 2112-like and more drug-addled with each passing loop.

:wacko:

Like I said, it's risky either way. Leave time travel to the professionals

• Like 2

I don't want to go creating any paradoxes!

It would be risky either way. It might be a pesky bootstrap paradox.

What if they only wrote 2112 because they remembered someone from the future playing it to them? Now, if you don't go back into the past and play them 2112, they will never write it...and then you create the alternate timeline, where Embrace of Iron, the sequel to Caress, sends them further down the tubes.

But then again, they were probably so high after one of their 1968 gigs that they probably wouldn't remember much of what you played them. So if it was a bootstrap paradox, 2112 would become less 2112-like and more drug-addled with each passing loop.

:wacko:

Like I said, it's risky either way. Leave time travel to the professionals

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/Terminator27.jpeg

"Peart can't be bargained with, Peart can't be reasoned with. Peart doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear and Peart will not stop, EVER, until you hear 2112."

• Like 4

Something from the 2nd set of R40, let's say Lakeside Park - as a cautionary tale. TAKE CARE OF THE VOICE!

But if had taken care of his voice from the start, we'd never have the COS version of Lakeside Park. That would be a true tragedy.

• Like 1

I am torn between 2 choices. 1st I think would be Vital Signs. So when they heard the line "courageous convictions will drag the dream into existence" they would be so inspired all would end up just the way it did. 2nd would be Bytor and the Snowdog off All The Worlds A Stage. That one might be a bit scary to them at that age but they would know without a doubt they would fricken ROCK!

Something from the 2nd set of R40, let's say Lakeside Park - as a cautionary tale. TAKE CARE OF THE VOICE!

But if had taken care of his voice from the start, we'd never have the COS version of Lakeside Park. That would be a true tragedy.

Ahh, a time travel paradox indeed - OK kill 1968 Hitler it is!

• Like 2

Ahh, a time travel paradox indeed - OK kill 1968 Hitler it is!

Sad to say but without Hitler there would be no Rush...

This guy knows what's up

It's tough to know what wouldn't influence their future work. If you played them something heavy on keyboards, Ged might hear it and go "yeah baybee!" and start working on it sooner. :LOL:

This kind of reasoning is the reason I chose what I did in my post earlier. :)

I would play them Headlong Flight and Ged would be like "... cool, we retired as a hard rock band and never experimented with vanilla sounds like the synths!"

• Like 1

It's tough to know what wouldn't influence their future work. If you played them something heavy on keyboards, Ged might hear it and go "yeah baybee!" and start working on it sooner. :LOL:

This kind of reasoning is the reason I chose what I did in my post earlier. :)

I would play them Headlong Flight and Ged would be like "... cool, we retired as a hard rock band and never experimented with vanilla sounds like the synths!"

I have the feeling if you played them something like Time Stand Still they'd all spontaneously barf.

• Like 1

I would play them one of the songs from Vapor Trails and tell them to stay away from Paul Northfield. One of my favorite albums and songs, tarnished by the production. But I am not typical because even with the lousy production, it's my favorite. :heart:
  • Like 1

I'd want to freak them out, I would play Tai Shan

Tell them it's a big hit too! That it's been preserved by the Canadian government as one of Canada's greatest cultural achievements.

And it is now the new Canadian national anthem.

Hey come on eh, like take'r easy..

• Like 1

I was here!

Found an old pic of you in '68. METAL!!!!!

http://img.gmw.cn/images/attachement/jpg/site2/20140814/eca86ba05494155664cf5b.jpg

I was watching my idol on Sesame Street at the time, not Big Bird though, Oscar!

• Like 1

I would play them one of the songs from Vapor Trails and tell them to stay away from Paul Northfield. One of my favorite albums and songs, tarnished by the production. But I am not typical because even with the lousy production, it's my favorite. :heart:

:wub: