Do We Currently Have Enough Neil Peart Threads?

That One Guy

Do we have enough Neil threads?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do we have enough Neil threads?

• There are too many
    • We are at the correct number of threads
    • It was perfect until this thread came along
    • There are still not enough; I'm off to create another
    • 46 & 2
    • Neil Peart is my spirit animal

There are 8 threads on the first page containing the word "Neil" in the title

That's it? Feels like 80.

8 threads on the first page containing the word "Neil" in the title, and 72 threads saying that he's a preachy dick that handled retirement wrong. ;)

Next poll: "Did Neil Handle Retirement Correctly?"

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the following bands never release new material

Rush

Van Halen

AC/DC

Aerosmith

Journey

Foreigner

Triumph

Just off the top of my head. I realize Geddy wants to continue and Al also but let's face it , NEIL IS DONE! KAPUT! and no amount of hand wringing is going to change his mind. And looking back at the end of last year with the death of Lemmy Neil may of made the right decision. It seems most of these rock-n-roll guys barely make it to their mid 70s. These guys are in their 60s now .

• Like 1

Rush

Van Halen

AC/DC

Aerosmith

Journey

Foreigner

Triumph

Just off the top of my head. I realize Geddy wants to continue and Al also but let's face it , NEIL IS DONE! KAPUT! and no amount of hand wringing is going to change his mind. And looking back at the end of last year with the death of Lemmy Neil may of made the right decision. It seems most of these rock-n-roll guys barely make it to their mid 70s. These guys are in their 60s now .

He might change his mind if he went broke. So I could hope against his fortune, hoping he goes broke, so that he'll have a reason to tour again. :)

Rush

Van Halen

AC/DC

Aerosmith

Journey

Foreigner

Triumph

If Rush were "allowed" (by their fans) to have personnel changes similar to most of the bands listed above, they would be together another ten years!

Hey, I am desperate here, we are running out of Rush topics to post about!

Rush

Van Halen

AC/DC

Aerosmith

Journey

Foreigner

Triumph

If Rush were "allowed" (by their fans) to have personnel changes similar to most of the bands listed above, they would be together another ten years!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Rush

Van Halen

AC/DC

Aerosmith

Journey

Foreigner

Triumph

I don't think it's their fans that don't allow personnel changes but they themselves. Being a 3 man band they're constrained by the loyalty that limited number exacts from them over the course of their career and the 'personality' that comes from making such a distinct sound together with only three members. Yes, they had one member change out very early in their career, but the bulk of their output and distinctive sound came after.

• Like 1

*Gasp* I'm not sure I can have serious discussions about this at this point...I've been on Rush message boards for 12 years...I've serious discussioned all I can, I can't serious discussion no more!
  • Like 1

*Gasp* I'm not sure I can have serious discussions about this at this point...I've been on Rush message boards for 12 years...I've serious discussioned all I can, I can't serious discussion no more!

We have the rest of our lives to never discuss Rush again. I miss them already !

We have the rest of our lives to never discuss Rush again. I miss them already !

Think about this:

The thread "You Must Respond ((v.2))" is over 350 pages long with over 7000 posts.

I've been on Rush message boards since 2000's GeddyLee.net aka MyFavoriteHeadache.com

How come the other two don't get all the negative threads? Last one I remember was the one about Alex stealing guitar riffs and that's been a couple of years ago. Equal opportunity bashing.

The other two are willing to have us believe they will tour more, make more music, appear in photos with fans and other events. The other one comes off as a preachy elitist snob with an over priced German motorcycle.

I completely disagree. BMW's aren't over priced!! :D