The Camera Eye (Time Machine Live in Cleveland 2011) vs The Camera Eye (R40 Live)

DirkPrattLerxst

The Camera Eye (TM) vs The Camera Eye (R40)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• The Camera Eye (Time Machine)
    • The Camera Eye (R40)

I choose the R40 version because it was 100 times better.

That too! The Camera Eye was one of my favorite moments from the R40 Tour and it blew me away both times I saw them perform it.

Edited by DirkPrattLerxst

Time Machine version was soooooooooooo much better, soon as I heard the opening riffs for R40

I knew I had 11 minutes and 1 second to score a pee pee and snag more beer.

I was back before Alex's solo...WINNER !

Which show did Geddy say Baaab-y at the end of this song? It's on one of my R40 bootlegs, but I can't remember which one it was.

I love the song, and they did it so well on the tour.

It was the TM tour when Geddy did the Austin Powers (?) "yeah baby" at the end. :)

• Like 1

Which show did Geddy say Baaab-y at the end of this song? It's on one of my R40 bootlegs, but I can't remember which one it was.

It was the TM tour when Geddy did the Austin Powers (?) "yeah baby" at the end. :)

He did the Austin Powers accent through the majority of the Great Woods and Summer Skies bootleg too. Probably my favorite boot ever.

• Like 1

Do you, or anyone here, happen to know when he started to add that at the end of the song? He wasn't doing it in the eighties.

Do you, or anyone here, happen to know when he started to add that at the end of the song? He wasn't doing it in the eighties.

Well considering Austin Powers didn't come out until the late 90's.... :)

But I didn't ask when he started saying it before. My first post was referring to R40. :)

But I didn't ask when he started saying it before. My first post was referring to R40. :)

Okay you've lost me completely now.

:LOLsign: Never mind. I went back and read the exchange. But I still have no idea who or what Austin Powers is, so the inference is lost on me. When Xanadu mentioned it, I thought it was the title of a bootleg from the TM tour and went looking for it. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

:LOLsign: Never mind. I went back and read the exchange. But I still have no idea who or what Austin Powers is, so the inference is lost on me. When Xanadu mentioned it, I thought it was the title of a bootleg from the TM tour and went looking for it.

My Favorite Rush Bootleg is the very elusive

So I Married an Ax Murderer- LIVE in Halifax 1981

• Like 2

:LOLsign: Never mind. I went back and read the exchange. But I still have no idea who or what Austin Powers is, so the inference is lost on me. When Xanadu mentioned it, I thought it was the title of a bootleg from the TM tour and went looking for it.

My Favorite Rush Bootleg is the very elusive

So I Married an Ax Murderer- LIVE in Halifax 1981

:LOL:

But I still have no idea who or what Austin Powers is, so the inference is lost on me.

Wow, really? Austin Powers was basically a parody of all of the classic British spy movies and shows like The Saint, The Avengers and James Bond. The movies were so ingrained in the pop culture when they came out. That's the accent Geddy is doing between all of the songs on the bootleg. He's copying Mike Myers as Austin Powers.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24300000/Austin-Powers-austin-powers-24335495-279-425.jpg

post-35511-austin-powers-oh-behave-gif-ye-gO1h.gif

Edited by EagleMoon

I chose R40. Cause the vocals are better. They were painful on the TM Tour.

Mick

This. The vocals were just horrid on TMT.

I chose R40. Cause the vocals are better. They were painful on the TM Tour.

Mick

This. The vocals were just horrid on TMT.

I really wish the TMT show was different. There were some nights where Geddy was totally on, and this one was just a horrible vocal performance.

• Like 1