Which album had the best drum sound?

DirkPrattLerxst

I prefer the sound of the entire drum kit when listening - a wash of cymbals and all - as opposed to having each drum so specifically pinpointed and eq'd

Caress Of Steel and The Debut for me

• Like 1

This is one I can answer without a shadow of doubt in my mind! (very rare on here): Permanent Waves.

I agree!

There are several very good candidates...but Permanent Waves is the very best.

It doesn't get any better than the whole first side and also Natural Science, for drum sound.

• Like 3

I prefer the sound of the entire drum kit when listening - a wash of cymbals and all - as opposed to having each drum so specifically pinpointed and eq'd

I can appreciate that.

Neil gives us plenty of those flourishes, too- I think he almost incorporated more of those into their '80s albums than he did in the '70s.

• Like 1

I can appreciate that.

Neil gives us plenty of those flourishes, too- I think he almost incorporated more of those into their '80s albums than he did in the '70s.

He wears some cymbals OUT in The Spirit of Radio

• Like 1

I can appreciate that.

Well, yeah- but that WAS in the '70s. ;)

• Like 1

I can appreciate that.

Whole 'nother discussion there, man! :beathorse:

• Like 1

I can appreciate that.

Whole 'nother discussion there, man! :beathorse:

Oh, I know...and not one that I intended to start. Again. ;)

Caress Of Steel and A Farewell To Kings.
  • Like 4

This is a dark horse, but the drums on Vapor Trails are very well produced. In fact, I prefer the original, non-remastered edition. The remastered has some cymbal and other parts cut out entirely.
  • Like 1

This is a dark horse, but the drums on Vapor Trails are very well produced. In fact, I prefer the original, non-remastered edition. The remastered has some cymbal and other parts cut out entirely.

This post deserves a thousand likes and more.

• Like 1

THE FIRST ONE HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

Alright mate calm down HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

My vote goes to Counterparts. The drum set and the dynamics of that album are phenomenal. What do you guys think?

This is also an excellent thread. I love "Counterparts" but I'm going for "Hemispheres." For 1978 a given. I mean really? Just listen to that crisp triangle.

The highs are highs man and the lows are low.

Just like life.

I will let you know this and I am not bragging because I never made it big in a rock band but I play to "Hemispheres" every night on my drum kit when I get home from work.

I have all the correct equipment to play this album except for the bells in "Circumstances."

I am serious Rush Forum Friends and Family.

Playing to Rush albums on my drums is keeping me balanced and sane.

I would rather play my drums every night than be with a woman.

Well I got my wish right to those who know me?

I am paying for my freedom and it is worth the price.

"Something For Nothing" is fun to play to as well.

I would love to start a real Rush Tribute Band but I don't want to break down my big kit every weekend.

Right or wrong?