Lotus Land tribute @ Whiskey A Go Go Los Angeles 3-23-16 Who is going??

robertrobyn

I thought you should know that they will be on a tv show on AXS tv (I have this channel on directv) very soon.

Sorry that I don't have better details, but I'm at work.

• Like 1

3 AM On Wed the 23 getting packed for the drive down to Los Angeles from Sacramento me and my RUSH buddy. Should be an EPIC show tonight. W. Hollywood look out here we come!

A lot of tribute bands come off as cheesy, and I have seen a few different Rush ones. Lotus Land is just amazing. I won't make the show tonight, but have seen them a couple times in LA and they really are the best Rush or any tribute band I've ever seen....by far.

Check this out:

I've never heard a guitarist get Alex's tone as well as this guy.

• Like 3

Watching as I type

They are playing freewill right now

I got to say that it was worth my time

There are actually some things that they do musically that sound as good if not better than what our boys do imo...they take a few liberties here and there and most of the time pull it off in my opinion. Impressed.

No one is gonna sound like Ged vocally so not gonna comment other than he wasn't bad.

Hope you guys enjoyed as much as I did !

• Like 3

IMO, this band, Lotus Land, is the best tribute band in the world... at some points, they actually sound better than Rush. No, I am not drunk...

I've seen Lotus Land several times, and I can attest to their awesomeness. They are based @ 6 hours or so North of me, but make their way down towards my area occasionally and I always get out to see them when they do.

HOWEVER… there is another east coast Rush tribute, "kRush", who I honestly believe are a tad BETTER than Lotus Land. I've seen both of these bands several times, and I'm probably splitting hairs because both are great. But if both are playing on the same night within driving distance, I'm going to see kRush. I can't tell you how fortunate I feel to have both these bands playing regularly close enough for me to get out and see them on a regular basis!

Also, just recently, another band, Solar Federation, has announced themselves as a new player among the elite Rush cover bands. I saw them recently in Lancaster, PA, and they absolutely killed it. I will say that this band is a 5 piece - including a female singer, which may rub some people the wrong way, but if all you care about is hearing the songs played truly and correctly, Solar Federation does exactly that.

kRush, Lotus Land, Solar Federation - if you live in the Mid-North Atlantic area, all three of these bands are very much worth seeing as often as possible.

• Like 1

Yes, I have seen kRush on the Youtubes... they are also excellent.

I am amazed at just how good some of these guys are... and the money they must spend to be able to properly play Rush material... what's the cost of a Ricky bass / guitar double? Or, the Gibson, six and twelve string double-neck that Lifeson plays? I don't know but these guitars must be in the $5,000 - $7,000 range?

Then, the synths... pedals, effects... oh... and the drums. The FRIGGIN' DRUMS! Just having enough mics to cover all those goddam drums and cymbals would be pricey enough!

• Like 1

Yes, I have seen kRush on the Youtubes... they are also excellent.

I am amazed at just how good some of these guys are... and the money they must spend to be able to properly play Rush material... what's the cost of a Ricky bass / guitar double? Or, the Gibson, six and twelve string double-neck that Lifeson plays? I don't know but these guitars must be in the $5,000 - $7,000 range?

Then, the synths... pedals, effects... oh... and the drums. The FRIGGIN' DRUMS! Just having enough mics to cover all those goddam drums and cymbals would be pricey enough!

Honestly, the sound quality on the kRush youtube videos doesn't do them justice. (That Lotus Land youtube of Hemispheres is a higher quality studio recording).

I know what you mean about the equipment. I think that myself all of the time. I also wonder about the amount of time and effort these guys spend learning and practicing these difficult songs. All I know is I'm extremely grateful to them for what they do. And beyond blessed to be located such that I get to see kRush and Lotus Land play on a regular basis. It really is an awesome thing! :sundog:

• Like 1

Also, just recently, another band, Solar Federation, has announced themselves as a new player among the elite Rush cover bands. I saw them recently in Lancaster, PA, and they absolutely killed it. I will say that this band is a 5 piece - including a female singer, which may rub some people the wrong way, but if all you care about is hearing the songs played truly and correctly, Solar Federation does exactly that.

kRush, Lotus Land, Solar Federation - if you live in the Mid-North Atlantic area, all three of these bands are very much worth seeing as often as possible.

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate you spreading some Rush love our way. Check out www.solarfederationband.com for some recent videos from our March 5 show in Lancaster. We had a great film and recording crew out that night that put together an awesome 5-camera mix with awesome audio. Cheers!
  • Like 2

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate you spreading some Rush love our way. Check out www.solarfederationband.com for some recent videos from our March 5 show in Lancaster. We had a great film and recording crew out that night that put together an awesome 5-camera mix with awesome audio. Cheers!

Thank YOU Ffej, for the great performance! I've already seen most of the videos. Look forward to seeing you guys again!

• Like 1