New Neil update

EagleMoon

This place is like a mental institution sometimes. I feel like I'm visiting One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

That's part of the reason why I love it here

It was fun when there were some actual discussions and not all the hate.

The natives get restless when there's not new Rush material to bitch about.

I'm sure that's true but I think it's telling that so many people have left. This is a Rush forum and there just isn't much Rush-related discussion anymore unless it's all negative.

People who leave the forum are basically admitting that they simply leave the flow of topics and conversation up to others ..

If someone doesn't like where the forum is headed, we all have the same ability to change the topic, post other topics, etc etc

I think this should be especially true for a Rush forum, as Rush as always been the voice of "not going with the flow" and creating your own happiness

Don't hate the forum, be the forum

Except that any time lately that anyone posts something about the band people start in on the negative crap. It's not about posting the topics, it's about the flow of the responses.

• Like 1

I get extremely tired of the Neil bashers because he doesn't want to tour anymore. FFS people he's f***ing 63 and has a second chance at raising a family, and playing the drums like he has for 50 years is a monstrous occupation.

If you bash Neil for not wanting to tour anymore and cry that it's the death of Rush, f***ing get over yourself.

If you have to bash him just make fun of his lyrics or something.

Its not that Neil doesnt want to tour anymore, most understand the need to retire. Thats not the point.

Its that he chose an abrupt ending with 3 month warning to fans that the end was here. No flexibility, not negotiable,no 2nd leg, nada.

Thanks for your loyalty fans and bandmates, as injuries prevent me from even a tiny 15 city second leg. But hey, y'all can watch me crash my bike all day on the internet!

3 months is more than we have gotten from other groups. We need to keep things in perspective here.

I get extremely tired of the Neil bashers because he doesn't want to tour anymore. FFS people he's f***ing 63 and has a second chance at raising a family, and playing the drums like he has for 50 years is a monstrous occupation.

If you bash Neil for not wanting to tour anymore and cry that it's the death of Rush, f***ing get over yourself.

Its not that Neil doesnt want to tour anymore, most understand the need to retire. Thats not the point.

Its that he chose an abrupt ending with 3 month warning to fans that the end was here. No flexibility, not negotiable,no 2nd leg, nada.

Thanks for your loyalty fans and bandmates, as injuries prevent me from even a tiny 15 city second leg. But hey, y'all can watch me crash my bike all day on the internet!

He doesn't owe anyone shit.

• Like 1

That's the spirit!

Not spirits! Beer! KEEP UP LORRAINE! :hail:

Beer tastes better but for fun I need spirits.

That's the spirit!

Alright...I'll take a gin and tonic then. White Russians are also acceptable.

Really its just a case of sour grapes dude.

That's the spirit!

Alright...I'll take a gin and tonic then. White Russians are also acceptable.

http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/film/dolph04.jpg

• Like 1

Noone's asking for a loan or deification here, but actions have consequences. Clearly his bandmates, his organization and fanbase - this abruptness to retire without a minimal second leg, as is their tradition, to allow all to savor and reflect on an awesome career, has affected all of the above in a non positive manner.

What a waste to slightly tarnish 41 awesome years together. This will be part of his legacy if he holds firm. TRF and the internet have certainly proven that over the last year.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

Agreed, on Neil's part.

I'm not sure who is angry at who in this thread anymore.

http://www.dicksongallery.com/images2/muppet_guys_wtf.jpg

Probably what Geddy and Alex looked like after Neil walked out of the last band meeting ....

;)

• Like 3

I'm not sure who is angry at who in this thread anymore.

http://www.dicksongallery.com/images2/muppet_guys_wtf.jpg

Probably what Geddy and Alex looked like after Neil walked out of the last band meeting ....

;)

I tried not to laugh.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Noone's asking for a loan or deification here, but actions have consequences. Clearly his bandmates, his organization and fanbase - this abruptness to retire without a minimal second leg, as is their tradition, to allow all to savor and reflect on an awesome career, has affected all of the above in a non positive manner.

What a waste to slightly tarnish 41 awesome years together. This will be part of his legacy if he holds firm. TRF and the internet have certainly proven that over the last year.

It's only (slightly) tarnished to a minority here on TRF. It's just that the minority here are very vocal which gives the IMPRESSION that many are pissed. Truth is, most are fine with it. Most have moved on.

• Like 2

Okay, here is what I want - all of my food and water must be organic, free-range, local, artisan, fair trade, gluten free, kosher and 100% certified vegan. Did I miss anything??????

halal?

Halal in the streets, haram in the sheets

• Like 2

Agreed, on Neil's part.

More likely on you.

It's only (slightly) tarnished to a minority here on TRF. It's just that the minority here are very vocal which gives the IMPRESSION that many are pissed. Truth is, most are fine with it. Most have moved on.

Not to the member I originally replied to, who was whiney about Neil bashers. If you don't agree with him you're a shite head in his singular view of trf land.

Problem is with the pro Neil gang here, is the mis characterizing of those that believe Neils abrupt retirement to be a dumb move regarding the hard work of their 41 year career together.

Of course it was inevitable within the next couple years that they were going to retire, but to not do it with class, lead up to it a tiny bit slowly, some advance warning. Pay respect to the entire catalogue with more than 30 shows remaining.

This is not fully an argument about how they handled their lack of itinerary in 2016, but how they handled their scheduling, fan communication and set lists 2011-2014. Let everyone understand there are only one or two tours left, and a setlist that is in recognition of the finality that existed in Neils head back then. With more than 30 shows remaining.

Its obvious he took bandmates and staff by abrupt surprise. Of course its within his rights, but a dumb way to end an otherwise brilliant career.

There are tons of awesome bands to see now, given how expensive tickets are, certainly no shortage of quality live shows to see. But to abruptly end a brilliant career, with giving your bandmates who discovered you no say in such an important and final decision, absolutely dumb move.

FYI: I was bored and that was a troll post, but every time you turn up around here lately it's to bitch about Neil. :LOL:

Haha, you're right! And it's because Neil is the ONLY one in the whole organization that I don't care for. Seriously, the people involved with Rush are some of the nicest and most caring in the industry - truly good people. Except for Neil. I never had a problem with him until the end and IMO, he should be exposed for what he truly is. Many people have this idea that greatest drummer in rock & roll is a poor, hurting/tortured soul, and want to feel sorry for him. Trust me, the only time he's a hurting soul is when it comes to the feelings of his lifelong cohorts.

The people in the Rush camp were incredibly lucky to get 40 years of touring. Most roadies, instrument techs and anyone involved with a band in a supportive function know it's not a full time reliable job. They have other things they do most of the time to earn money. So they should be thankful for what they got. It's a heck of a long time to be involved with a rock band.

And besides anyone with any context at all had to know this was coming whether they liked it or not especially those in the Rush camp.

• Like 2