New Neil update

EagleMoon

Segue, two hours ago you called fraroc "pathetic" and "idiotic". This is aggressive language, whether people agree with you or not. You went on to do some commentary on his "true nature", making an observation of his posts into a personal attack. That was unnecessary. IF you're going to criticize what fraroc said, criticize what fraroc said, and not what you think about him as a person.

Even after your reply to fraroc has been sent and the little argument seems to be over, you jump at somebody else's little jab as an opportunity to re-initiate criticism. That's unnecessary. Your point was already made.

That's aggressive.

I guess we live in a world where bluntness at appropriate times is bound to offend somebody, if not everybody.

Just because I took issue with his words and pointedly responded to them, does not mean terms such as "pathetic" or "idiotic" define my whole view of him. But if I strongly believe he could benefit from having his irritable qualities pointed out, I would rather go straight to the point than coo him to politeness. He is, after all, very concious of the fact he can be misunderstood, so why should alerting him to why and how exactly this happens be such a cruel thing to do?

If he has the gall to give out negativity, he should be able to receive it likewise. But I was trying to be tactful, which is more than I can say for him at times.

Segue you weren't being blunt. Your two posts to him initially were blunt. That little bit, an hour or two after you win your argument and fraroc already takes your criticism, where you go "amirite??" with BowlCity et al is unnecessary. I took a huge issue with your words just now and it's not because I'm oversensitive as you cheekily try to hand-wave away any criticism you receive.

You were being a self-validating ass.

It sounds like you have more of an issue with me than you do anything I have to say on Fraroc.

I have been rooting for Fraroc for a long time now. I always have been forward with him, and I will always continue to be so, as I know we are more alike when it comes to our obsessive nature than you might realise.

I also responded that way with BowlCity because I know him to also be a very nice guy. Had it been Tony R, no way would I have shown a sense of approval or agreement.

Also, you haven't been on this forum a very long time. Fraroc wrote his way into a hole at his worst, and lately he has been really, really improving. I would rather do what I can to point out his errors and let him see where and if he can tone himself down, as he is concious of it, than sit back and watch his major critics tear him apart.

Sure, as I will always say I can and perhaps should respond to him with far more kindness. But I also do not think I was being unkind, especially as I have acknowledged I have his back.

Of course I get the impression that regardless of what I say, your mind is made up and I have simply written this message to cheek my way out of blame.

But Fraroc knows I care. I have spent a lot of time trying to help him, and at times the pointed advice I have given is much a response to how I feel towards my own failings as much as those of his, which are often remarkably similar to my own. Which is why I am so passionate about it.

I respect your sympathy and friendship to fraroc. That wasn't my point. I know you two are friends.

I still think you went too far. And I'm not trying to attack your personality, and you know there is nothing in what I've said that indicates that I am, so please don't misinterpret. This is about your approach and not about you.

I know I haven't been around for a long time, but please recognize that it doesn't take seniority to understand fairness, and lack thereof.

I wasn't referring to the length of your time hear in terms of seniority. I was referring to the fact that months ago Fraroc became a real "bane" for a wide section of this forum (which wasn't helped by the fact he wasn't well, which around that time I wasn't either, and I was far more blunt with him back then and I tried not to be like that today). So you might look at my posts and think "that's not fair".

I was merely trying to alert Fraroc to some of those habits he has been trying to avoid, without spelling it out. Also, I would never talk to someone in a manner I wouldn't accept to be spoken too back. So if I come across grossly unkind or unfair, well I apologise, but that is my nature.

I call a spade a spade, and sometimes I call a spade a shovel. I try to find the right approach, and if I fail, then next time I will try and find another way.

I don't like upsetting people, and when I do I appreciate it when they call me out. So thank you for being forward with me.

• Like 1

Segue, two hours ago you called fraroc "pathetic" and "idiotic". This is aggressive language, whether people agree with you or not. You went on to do some commentary on his "true nature", making an observation of his posts into a personal attack. That was unnecessary. IF you're going to criticize what fraroc said, criticize what fraroc said, and not what you think about him as a person.

Even after your reply to fraroc has been sent and the little argument seems to be over, you jump at somebody else's little jab as an opportunity to re-initiate criticism. That's unnecessary. Your point was already made.

That's aggressive.

I guess we live in a world where bluntness at appropriate times is bound to offend somebody, if not everybody.

Just because I took issue with his words and pointedly responded to them, does not mean terms such as "pathetic" or "idiotic" define my whole view of him. But if I strongly believe he could benefit from having his irritable qualities pointed out, I would rather go straight to the point than coo him to politeness. He is, after all, very concious of the fact he can be misunderstood, so why should alerting him to why and how exactly this happens be such a cruel thing to do?

If he has the gall to give out negativity, he should be able to receive it likewise. But I was trying to be tactful, which is more than I can say for him at times.

Segue you weren't being blunt. Your two posts to him initially were blunt. That little bit, an hour or two after you win your argument and fraroc already takes your criticism, where you go "amirite??" with BowlCity et al is unnecessary. I took a huge issue with your words just now and it's not because I'm oversensitive as you cheekily try to hand-wave away any criticism you receive.

It sounds like you have more of an issue with me than you do anything I have to say on Fraroc.

I have been rooting for Fraroc for a long time now. I always have been forward with him, and I will always continue to be so, as I know we are more alike when it comes to our obsessive nature than you might realise.

I also responded that way with BowlCity because I know him to also be a very nice guy. Had it been Tony R, no way would I have shown a sense of approval or agreement.

Also, you haven't been on this forum a very long time. Fraroc wrote his way into a hole at his worst, and lately he has been really, really improving. I would rather do what I can to point out his errors and let him see where and if he can tone himself down, as he is concious of it, than sit back and watch his major critics tear him apart.

Sure, as I will always say I can and perhaps should respond to him with far more kindness. But I also do not think I was being unkind, especially as I have acknowledged I have his back.

Of course I get the impression that regardless of what I say, your mind is made up and I have simply written this message to cheek my way out of blame.

But Fraroc knows I care. I have spent a lot of time trying to help him, and at times the pointed advice I have given is much a response to how I feel towards my own failings as much as those of his, which are often remarkably similar to my own. Which is why I am so passionate about it.

I respect your sympathy and friendship to fraroc. That wasn't my point. I know you two are friends.

I still think you went too far. And I'm not trying to attack your personality, and you know there is nothing in what I've said that indicates that I am, so please don't misinterpret. This is about your approach and not about you.

I know I haven't been around for a long time, but please recognize that it doesn't take seniority to understand fairness, and lack thereof.

I wasn't referring to the length of your time hear in terms of seniority. I was referring to the fact that months ago Fraroc became a real "bane" for a wide section of this forum (which wasn't helped by the fact he wasn't well, which around that time I wasn't either, and I was far more blunt with him back then and I tried not to be like that today). So you might look at my posts and think "that's not fair".

I was merely trying to alert Fraroc to some of those habits he has been trying to avoid, without spelling it out. Also, I would never talk to someone in a manner I wouldn't accept to be spoken too back. So if I come across grossly unkind or unfair, well I apologise, but that is my nature.

I call a spade a spade, and sometimes I call a spade a shovel. I try to find the right approach, and if I fail, then next time I will try and find another way.

I don't like upsetting people, and when I do I appreciate it when they call me out. So thank you for being forward with me.

That's fair. Thanks for taking the time to give me your perspective.

:cheers:

• Like 1

cheese and crackers, what the hell is this thread turning into ???? :huh:

A bunch of people exploring and reconciling their differences, creating understanding and diminishing vitriol?

• Like 2

That's aggressive.

That's fair. Thanks for taking the time to give me your perspective.

:cheers:

And sorry for acting a jerk. Wasn't intended but I can see how I could have crossed the line.

cheese and crackers, what the hell is this thread turning into ???? :huh:

A bunch of people exploring and reconciling their differences, creating understanding and diminishing vitriol?

Bah, being mature is soooooo over-rated these days. ;)

• Like 2

Excuse me, is this water vegan?

It is organic fair trade

The more important question: is it kosher?

:LOL:

Edited by Day of Light

Okay, here is what I want - all of my food and water must be organic, free-range, local, artisan, fair trade, gluten free, kosher and 100% certified vegan. Did I miss anything??????
  • Like 2

I get extremely tired of the Neil bashers because he doesn't want to tour anymore. FFS people he's f***ing 63 and has a second chance at raising a family, and playing the drums like he has for 50 years is a monstrous occupation.

If you bash Neil for not wanting to tour anymore and cry that it's the death of Rush, f***ing get over yourself.

If you have to bash him just make fun of his lyrics or something.

Bunch of Punk-Ass Little Thuggary!!!

Hey what a great name for a band.

Okay, here is what I want - all of my food and water must be organic, free-range, local, artisan, fair trade, gluten free, kosher and 100% certified vegan. Did I miss anything??????

Free range vegan? I don't want my plants In pot, maaaaaan.

• Like 1

I get extremely tired of the Neil bashers because he doesn't want to tour anymore. FFS people he's f***ing 63 and has a second chance at raising a family, and playing the drums like he has for 50 years is a monstrous occupation.

If you bash Neil for not wanting to tour anymore and cry that it's the death of Rush, f***ing get over yourself.

If you have to bash him just make fun of his lyrics or something.

Its not that Neil doesnt want to tour anymore, most understand the need to retire. Thats not the point.

Its that he chose an abrupt ending with 3 month warning to fans that the end was here. No flexibility, not negotiable,no 2nd leg, nada.

Thanks for your loyalty fans and bandmates, as injuries prevent me from even a tiny 15 city second leg. But hey, y'all can watch me crash my bike all day on the internet!