New Neil update

EagleMoon

Jeez, he just can't avoid coming across as a jerk. Only in America (I assume he means United States) are there people that ride without hundreds or thousands of dollars of protective gear in his world. Also, nothing is apparently ever his fault. The completely imagined road crew from the previous Friday caused it.

http://cdn.hypervocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mr_magoo_2.jpg

That actually looks a lot like him. Great find. (For those that are offended by my reply, relax.)

• Like 2

You know what? We should pick apart every sentence to find hidden meanings. Just read it and take the story at face value, jeez

It's kind of hard to do that when someone (and I know Neil is a decent creative writer), uses tons of metaphors and pontificates about everything.

Why do you have to read it?

I am always just happy with the music, I don't expect every musician to be a likeable person.

I don't get it. What is wrong with you?

Seriously, just leave him be he is old enough to know himself and be content with himself, if you don't like him, then why track hos every move?

• Like 1

That night in Pittsburgh I got through the show okay, limping on and off stage but able to play “properly,” so that no one else would know. A few days later I shared the story with the Guys at Work, but still, for the next five years I kept my resolve never to write about that crash. Until the time might come when I no longer worried about anybody taking away my “fun license.”

Wow, way to guilt trip your fans and guilt trip Ged and Al for supposedly "forcing you against your will" to do the R40 tour.

And I also agree with gypsy muse in the fact that I don't like his outright refusal to acknowledge Geddy and Alex by name, which leads me to believe that Neil isn't happy with either of them for making him tour, and you know what? If he feels that way, So be it. We can't force him to do shit he doesn't want to do.

If Neil's site had a forum, I'd bet a million dollars that he'd IP ban people for even mentioning the words "Geddy", "Alex" and "Rush".

Oh for goodness sake you are such an idiot about Neil.

He has said nothing wrong. This is his life and he means well.

He means well? Yes, whatever is WELL for Neil is what his life has been for quite some time now. He used his "affliction" to manipulate the whole organization into conforming to his wants/needs/desires. Regarding the end, he said nothing wrong because he essentially said NOTHING. A more compassionate and understanding person wouldn't have dictated in a my-way-or-the-highway manner, the details of their final tour, and refusing ANY compromise. A more caring person would have at least had the decency to definitively tell the "guys at work" what his actual post-tour plans were. I'm sure his reasoning was "affliction" related, in that if fans/media knew it was the final tour, there would have been MUCH more attention on him. Instead, he only thought of his feelings and hung Geddy & Alex out to dry.

Additionally, I've been riding motorcycles for over 45 years and have NEVER gone down on the street. The patch that he describes as 5' wide and 25' long would be VERY hard to not see. On curves, you never outride your line of site. Which means, when cornering, you look ahead and never go faster than the amount of time it would take you to stop if you see an obstacle in your way. That way you have plenty of time to react. It's easy to Monday morning QB when it comes to bike accidents, but in a single bike accident, the responsibility lies solely with the rider. Yes, he was lucky not to have been hurt, but his riding skills that day were definitely lacking. He makes a lot of presumptions about when the patch was done, and that there must not have been any motorcycle riders on the crew. But the fact remains, it wasn't anyone else's fault. These are just the things that are said by riders who refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions.

"If you love motorcycling enough, and you do it enough, it's going to kill you"

BTW, this is the biggest load of crap in the cycle world! I know plenty of people who have ridden their whole lives and never gone down.

• Like 3

"The guys at work" is a phrase he has used for many years now , I believe?

Ya, which is why it's getting annoying. Every time he finds a cute little phrase, he uses it too much because his personality won't let a moment go by without milking it to death.. ya Bubba we get it.. you hit things with sticks with the boys at work, it was funny the first half dozen times jeez.. lol

• Like 3

http://i.imgur.com/qMmTn0P.gif

Now THIS is freakin funny! The look on his face! I can't stop watching it haha!!

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2

Talking to Carrie on the phone that night, I gave her a mild version of the events—just saying I’d had a crash, but was fine.

No, dear....really. It was nothing........ (nose growing longer than Pinnochio's ever could)...... :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

That night in Pittsburgh I got through the show okay, limping on and off stage but able to play “properly,” so that no one else would know. A few days later I shared the story with the Guys at Work, but still, for the next five years I kept my resolve never to write about that crash. Until the time might come when I no longer worried about anybody taking away my “fun license.”

Wow, way to guilt trip your fans and guilt trip Ged and Al for supposedly "forcing you against your will" to do the R40 tour.

And I also agree with gypsy muse in the fact that I don't like his outright refusal to acknowledge Geddy and Alex by name, which leads me to believe that Neil isn't happy with either of them for making him tour, and you know what? If he feels that way, So be it. We can't force him to do shit he doesn't want to do.

If Neil's site had a forum, I'd bet a million dollars that he'd IP ban people for even mentioning the words "Geddy", "Alex" and "Rush".

He means well? Yes, whatever is WELL for Neil is what his life has been for quite some time now. He used his "affliction" to manipulate the whole organization into conforming to his wants/needs/desires. Regarding the end, he said nothing wrong because he essentially said NOTHING. A more compassionate and understanding person wouldn't have dictated in a my-way-or-the-highway manner, the details of their final tour, and refusing ANY compromise. A more caring person would have at least had the decency to definitively tell the "guys at work" what his actual post-tour plans were. I'm sure his reasoning was "affliction" related, in that if fans/media knew it was the final tour, there would have been MUCH more attention on him. Instead, he only thought of his feelings and hung Geddy & Alex out to dry.

Additionally, I've been riding motorcycles for over 45 years and have NEVER gone down on the street. The patch that he describes as 5' wide and 25' long would be VERY hard to not see. On curves, you never outride your line of site. Which means, when cornering, you look ahead and never go faster than the amount of time it would take you to stop if you see an obstacle in your way. That way you have plenty of time to react. It's easy to Monday morning QB when it comes to bike accidents, but in a single bike accident, the responsibility lies solely with the rider. Yes, he was lucky not to have been hurt, but his riding skills that day were definitely lacking. He makes a lot of presumptions about when the patch was done, and that there must not have been any motorcycle riders on the crew. But the fact remains, it wasn't anyone else's fault. These are just the things that are said by riders who refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions.

BTW, this is the biggest load of crap in the cycle world! I know plenty of people who have ridden their whole lives and never gone down.

The mysterious FOH Lights surfaces again. Does he really have any connection to the Rush organization? If so, what caused him to be so bitter and vent his frustrations on a message board? Did Neil piss in his Cocoa Puffs?

• Like 2

The mysterious FOH Lights surfaces again. Does he really have any connection to the Rush organization? If so, what caused him to be so bitter and vent his frustrations on a message board? Did Neil piss in his Cocoa Puffs?

maybe he's fraroc's dad

• Like 2

Holy shit face... sometimes it's hard to believe that this is a Rush fan site. No wonder Neil avoids fans when he can. I would too.
  • Like 4

Holy shit face... sometimes it's hard to believe that this is a Rush fan site. No wonder Neil avoids fans when he can. I would too.

Agreed.

I think it's really pathetic.

• Like 2

Dysfunctional, self-righteous BS

More dysfunctional, self-righteous BS

You two should get married. You could then share your mental defects 24/7....and in private, hopefully.

Jeez, he just can't avoid coming across as a jerk. Only in America (I assume he means United States) are there people that ride without hundreds or thousands of dollars of protective gear in his world. Also, nothing is apparently ever his fault. The completely imagined road crew from the previous Friday caused it.

http://cdn.hypervocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mr_magoo_2.jpg

That actually looks a lot like him. Great find. (For those that are offended by my reply, relax.)

http://fr.toonpool.com/user/14414/files/neil_peart_1159825.jpg

http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/artist-news/rush/neil-peart-letterman-show-drum-show-corbis-640-80.jpg

• Like 1

The truth is, bitterness lingers when the wounds are deep. It wasn't just Geddy & Alex who took it hard. There was a whole other group of people - good and loyal people - who suffered because of the way the situation was handled. As a friend, you hate to see guys who devoted their lives to the organization, be treated so unjustly. Like I said before, it didn't have to end the way it did. In their minds, it was always envisioned as a happy and rewarding time. A chance to put an exclamation point at the end of their careers and the opportunity to forge those final, glorious, & happy memories of a lifetime together. And, because of Neil's inability to feel anything for anyone outside of his immediate family, they were robbed of that opportunity.

So no, Neil didn't piss in my cereal. But, he did piss off a LOT of people who deserved MUCH better.

FYI: an open forum invites many different opinions. It would be incredibly boring if everyone's were the same? So, I have to question the logic behind those who read a post, and then become angry and lash out because it may not coincide with their way of thinking or they just don't like what they hear. I struggle with the reasoning behind it...

Edited by FOH Lights
  • Like 4

This f***in guy.....

The bike was still running and his "rain jacket" was not even torn

Sounds like ol' Neil forgot to put the kickstand down before getting off the bike

What do you ride?

seriously, when I was 12 I got my first bike - a Honda XL75 ... That was the 1970s ......... I only ride dirt bikes, as my sister was hit while on the back of a bike by someone who ran a red light - that was an awful phone call, but she survived and is fine now - 20 years later

I have a Honda CR 500 and love it

I'm happy your sister is fine. I'm sure the experience was unsettling for her. I love to ride and I hope it never causes pain for the people in my life (or me).

I wish you well.

Thanks Alph

If you go back to page 1 and compare the positive/negative/joke posts, you'll find the negative posts are by far the fewest. How many TRFers actually stated something negative? 3? 4? And then, how many showed concern or said something positive/defended Peart? Then there are the more neutral posts that simply commented on their bike experiences or the dangers of bike riding itself.

Look for something negative and you will find it.

• Like 3

The truth is, bitterness lingers when the wounds are deep. It wasn't just Geddy & Alex who took it hard. There was a whole other group of people - good and loyal people - who suffered because of the way the situation was handled. As a friend, you hate to see guys who devoted their lives to the organization, be treated so unjustly. Like I said before, it didn't have to end the way it did. In their minds, it was always envisioned as a happy and rewarding time. A chance to put an exclamation point at the end of their careers and the opportunity to forge those final, glorious, & happy memories of a lifetime together. And, because of Neil's inability to feel anything for anyone outside of his immediate family, they were robbed of that opportunity.

So no, Neil didn't piss in my cereal. But, he did piss off a LOT of people who deserved MUCH better.

What...in THE hell is amatter with you?

• Like 1

Well...now I know why I rarely talk about Rush on this forum.

It gets lousy.

• Like 2

FYI: an open forum invites many different opinions. It would be incredibly boring if everyone's were the same? So, I have to question the logic behind those who read a post, and then become angry and lash out because it may not coincide with their way of thinking or they just don't like what they hear. I struggle with the reasoning behind it...

FYI: I was bored and that was a troll post, but every time you turn up around here lately it's to bitch about Neil. :LOL:

Agreed.

Dear Neil:

Thanks for 40+ years of awesome music and lyrics.

Dick!

Sincerely,

The gang at TRF

• Like 4

Agreed.

Dear Neil:

Dick!

Sincerely,

The gang at TRF

:LOL:

Well...now I know why I rarely talk about Rush on this forum.

It gets lousy.

Come one Segue, with the exception of one, maybe two opinions, this is all in good fun

Complaining about other people's opinions is really no different than complaining about Neil ..

• Like 1

Agreed.

Dear Neil:

Dick!

Sincerely,

The gang at TRF

lol

Agreed.

Dear Neil:

Dick!

Sincerely,

The gang at TRF

lol

I think that's what they consider passive/aggressive.