Happy St. Patrick's Day

Crimsonmistymemory

Wishing all of you a very happy St. Patty's Day

May the road rise to meet your feet.

Erin Go Bragh :cheers:

http://i.livescience.com/images/i/000/047/897/i02/four-leaf-clover-100317-02.jpg?1324345893

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 7

Wishing all of you a very happy St. Patty's Day

May the road rise to meet your feet.

Erin Go Bragh :cheers:

http://i.livescience.com/images/i/000/047/897/i02/four-leaf-clover-100317-02.jpg?1324345893

you too!
  • Like 1

http://media4.popsugar-assets.com/files/2013/03/11/5/192/1922195/afed06c897dc9e99_stp.xxxlarge/i/course-Guinness-ad-roundup-would-complete-without-St.jpg

:hail:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I just asked a couple of guys who I work with if they know what St. Patrick's Day is actually about, besides green beer.

They couldn't tell me. :huh:

Even when I drank alcohol, I never drank green beer.

The only Irish person I know of for sure here is Hatchet Pete, and I haven't seen him around today...so can anyone else tell me what St. Patrick's Day is truly about?

• Like 1

I just asked a couple of guys who I work with if they know what St. Patrick's Day is actually about, besides green beer.

They couldn't tell me. :huh:

Even when I drank alcohol, I never drank green beer.

The only Irish person I know of for sure here is Hatchet Pete, and I haven't seen him around today...so can anyone else tell me what St. Patrick's Day is truly about?

It is one of the type of holidaze that has a little different meaning for everyone. Please see the link below for more insight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick%27s_Day

• Like 1

He's the Catholic person (a PRIEST I believe) who rid the Island of snakes, or so the tale goes...

ERIN GO BRAGH-less! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Boobies/boobs2.gif

P.S. CMM, Thanks for the Wikipedia link! 'Snakes' = Druids. Hmmmmm. That makes SENSE!
  • Like 1

Thinking...

(1) When an American says they're Irish wouldn't it be the same as an Irish person saying they're American? I never hear the latter but I've heard the former a billion times.

(2) Valentine's Day is notorious for being too commercial but why doesn't Saint Patrick's Day get the same rap? Many, if not most, don't even know what the day actually is.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Thinking...

(1) When an American says they're Irish wouldn't it be the same as an Irish person saying they're American? I never hear the latter but I've heard the former a billion times.

(2) Valentine's Day is notorious for being too commercial but why doesn't Saint Patrick's Day get the same rap? Many, if not most, don't even know what the day actually is.

Just sayin'.

Probably St. Paddy's day is associated with massive alcohol consumption ;)

Thinking...

Just sayin'.

Well yeah of course. But that's kind of my point in #2. Chocolate companies get ripped to shit about pushing chocos but nobody seems to mind beer peddlers. Don't get me wrong, I love beer (and chocolate) BUT I don't get the selective dissing. Diss both, or diss neither.

• Like 1

Thinking...

Just sayin'.

Well yeah of course. But that's kind of my point in #2. Chocolate companies get ripped to shit about pushing chocos but nobody seems to mind beer peddlers. Don't get me wrong, I love beer (and chocolate) BUT I don't get the selective dissing. Diss both, or diss neither.

Probably everybody loves alcohol and only likes chocolate :LMAO:

• Like 1

Thinking...

Just sayin'.

Yeah.

My other "favorite" is Cinco de Mayo. I doubt random office workers in Guadalajara are saying, "Hey, it's July 4th! Let's get trashed tonight!" But I can guarantee tons of dudes & dudettes on May 5th in Anytown USA will don a sombrero and tequila themselves into oblivion all in the name of a commemoration day they know nothing about ((and it's not Mexico's Independence Day btw)).

:LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Thinking...

Just sayin'.

That's why St. Patrick's Day does absolutely nothing for me. I'm not Irish, and I don't drink alcohol. (And the question I posted yesterday asking what the day is really about, besides green beer, really was serious. And I know, I got a serious answer or two, maybe).

An excuse to take the day off work and start getting drunk at 5:30 AM...no thanks.

But happy St. Paddy's Day to everybody anyway. Hope you all enjoyed. :)

Thinking...

Just sayin'.

That's why St. Patrick's Day does absolutely nothing for me. I'm not Irish, and I don't drink alcohol. (And the question I posted yesterday asking what the day is really about, besides green beer, really was serious. And I know, I got a serious answer or two, maybe).

An excuse to take the day off work and start getting drunk at 5:30 AM...no thanks.

Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. The day celebrates him & the arrival of Christianity.

Thinking...

Just sayin'.

Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. The day celebrates him & the arrival of Christianity.

Of course, it's morphed into a general celebration of Irish culture too.

Thinking...

Just sayin'.

Of course, it's morphed into a general celebration of Irish culture too.

Oh, this is about the only thing I remember from 12 years of Catholic school and about 2 dozen Irish sisters & priests teaching me. ;) all of that's true though :)

Thinking...

Just sayin'.

That's the essence of the link from post 12. Irish apparently tend to get irked by people from the USA showing up and saying they're Irish.