NEW ORIGINAL TOPIC, never been discussed, what would RUSH have become if JOHN RUTSEY never left the BAND???

JohnRogers

On the other hand:

What would have happened to Neil Peart if he had never joined Rush ?

He would be teaching English in some Canadian College. Perhaps in some "caved in cop car." My point is I was able to get through college with an English degree thankfully because of my writing. Professors love the alteration. So does Neil.

I certainly hope some of you don't think that all of my rants and long winded offensive, insane and bizarre posts and threads are because I'm on drugs!

It's actually quite simple.

Creative Writing 101.

I mean 666

Peart without Rush got married, had two daughters, lost his seriousness, often typed in CAPS on music message boards, developed a hard on for John Carpenter, and became addicted to collecting Japanese pressings of any damn hard rock album ever created. Additionally, he dropped "Neil" in favor of another single syllable, four letter first name.

True story.

In a parallel universe.

:blaze:

• Like 1

On the other hand:

He would be teaching English in some Canadian College. Perhaps in some "caved in cop car." My point is I was able to get through college with an English degree thankfully because of my writing. Professors love the alteration. So does Neil.

I certainly hope some of you don't think that all of my rants and long winded offensive, insane and bizarre posts and threads are because I'm on drugs!

It's actually quite simple.

Creative Writing 101.

I mean 666

Peart without Rush got married, had two daughters, lost his seriousness, often typed in CAPS on music message boards, developed a hard on for John Carpenter, and became addicted to collecting Japanese pressings of any damn hard rock album ever created. Additionally, he dropped "Neil" in favor of another single syllable, four letter first name.

True story.

In a parallel universe.

:blaze:

Hahahaha!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this moment. Wow Blaze. You nailed me. Right to the "Counterparts" Crucifix.

Not much else to type for once.

Perhaps I do need to find my own identity.

My ex took my youngest daughter Skylar and my pug Earl the IV. Yep, I'm Earl III.

My 19 year old Zoe left for college today. San Diego.

So alas I am "Alone Again." DOKKEN.

I wasn't depressed at all but I did play my drums for two hours tonight.

Yep. To Neil Peart.

I played "Hemispheres" "Power Windows" and "Grace."

I nailed "Hemispheres" and yes I have granite blocks and cowbells.

Dude, I am messed up but I'm ok.

You are another brother from a manic marillion mad mother fukka!

Seriously. You are on my Rush Forum List of someone I will meet someday.

• Like 1

Would they just be another forgotten Grand Funk Railroad or Triumph?

Possibly even less well-known than those bands.

On the other hand:

He would've graduated from parts manager to general manager.

• Like 1

This topic's been discussed. And all of the replies so far have been virtually identical to the ones in the original thread.

You must be thinking the What Decade Does Permanent Waves Belong In thread. This topic is fresh and new. Dare I say moist.

No. This topic was discussed years ago. And I'd like to say it was about 5-6 years ago.

The PeW decade crap debate is a different mutant...it DID touch on the subject though so I can see how you would think I was mistaken.

Yes, this topic has been discussed before and is not new. But, it has been awhile, so the majority of the current 'crowd' around here probably hasn't seen it.

• Like 1

I happened to see JR as he typed this thread title, and I can assure you he had his tongue in his cheek.

I say that to spare anyone else any embarrassment.

Certainly they have each supported the other two and the band as a whole - and that plus their talents contributed to what became the Rush we know. One could place heavy value on the success of the band fostering their drive-but I place more emphasis on the fact that they all HAVE that drive and had it from the beginning. So, I believe that Geddy and Alex would have continued and succeeded in doing what they love, and Neil would have as well - just with different people. And it is quite possible, probably likely, that there would have been more than one drummer with Geddy and Alex. In other words, they would have found their way to similar "success" - but it would not have been Rush as we know it. Probably would have been Polka. Yes, definitely Polka.

This topic's been discussed. And all of the replies so far have been virtually identical to the ones in the original thread.

You must be thinking the What Decade Does Permanent Waves Belong In thread. This topic is fresh and new. Dare I say moist.

No. This topic was discussed years ago. And I'd like to say it was about 5-6 years ago.

The PeW decade crap debate is a different mutant...it DID touch on the subject though so I can see how you would think I was mistaken.

Yes, this topic has been discussed before and is not new. But, it has been awhile, so the majority of the current 'crowd' around here probably hasn't seen it.

Yup.

I think they were too talented to give up just because Rush didn't hit it big. Maybe they would of tried another band but by that time they would of been $100,000 s of dollars in debt to the former record label. I'm not sure another label would take a chance on them . Yah its a horrible scenario to consider either way Neil is out now so .....

I think they were too talented to give up just because Rush didn't hit it big. Maybe they would of tried another band but by that time they would of been $100,000 s of dollars in debt to the former record label. I'm not sure another label would take a chance on them . Yah its a horrible scenario to consider either way Neil is out now so .....

I love the song "Take A Chance" by ABBA! They turned down half a billion dollars to do a world tour.

Neil is the hot blonde chick in RUSH. Fat now and overweight. Done. "Losing It" is past tense. Neil has "Lost It."

ABBA and RUSH are done.

Enjoy the music from the past. Gonna make the good times last.

Even though the live stage has drifted away forever,

The "Territories" shall always remain intact.

So turn up your stereo and drink a beer to ease the pain.

Rush is gone for all eternity,

I listen to "Hemispheres" everyday to stay sane.

"What's in your wallet?"

I think Geddy and Alex could have kept the band going in their direction. Rutsey didn't contribute much to the sound. He probably would have left due to musical differences, and be replaced by some other drummer. Songs would be the same, but lyrics would be different. Not too different.

If Rutsey would have stayed, they would not have lasted two more albums because Geddy and Al wanted to play prog rock and JR couldn't or wouldn't... probably both. It would have been one big shit show.