The Official ABBA Thread: "Thank You For The Music, For Giving It To Me! Prog Pop Princesses And Professors! Regression To The Dancing Mean!

RUSHHEAD666

I find "The Visitors" (the song) incredibly compelling - something about how that song is sung freaks me out - and the chorus is seriously addictive.
  • Like 1

I find "The Visitors" (the song) incredibly compelling - something about how that song is sung freaks me out - and the chorus is seriously addictive.

Anni-Frid tried to emulate the sound of a sitar during the verses. Sounds really strange but actually, it's crazily well achieved.

It's a very unusual, lyrically disturbing song that hints at cold war fears in the Soviet Union of the time. That song got them in a lot of trouble in Russia.

The way it segues from those stark, almost industrial like verses to the surreally buoyant AND melancholy chorus is a work of genius.

Probably my favourite ABBA song, and the one I always play to those who dismiss ABBA.

I do hate how ABBA have become regarded almost like a lightweight karaoke hit machine. They were a deep, wildly experimental and ambitious pop group, with layered and frequently complex song arrangements, and they make it sound so effortless.

• Like 3

Great songwriting and singing. What's not to love?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CsJCa2TlXU

Great song!!!! ABBA RULES!

Better than the Beatles.

You just like to say that Earl to f**k with the status quo! You also like to say that John Lennon was a bum who wrote no songs at all, and it was all McCartney. Next you'll be saying Ringo wrote everything with Harrison and George Martin taking their orders from Barbara Bach aka Mrs.Starkey, with Yoko sucking cocks in the back.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Epic post Pat! Yeah the real Paul was killed in a car accident anyway. Sir "Faul" wrote most of the songs! LOL! Thinking about Egg Yolko Bozo sucking cock makes my stomach sick!

• Like 1

Anni-Frid tried to emulate the sound of a sitar during the verses. Sounds really strange but actually, it's crazily well achieved.

It's a very unusual, lyrically disturbing song that hints at cold war fears in the Soviet Union of the time. That song got them in a lot of trouble in Russia.

The way it segues from those stark, almost industrial like verses to the surreally buoyant AND melancholy chorus is a work of genius.

Probably my favourite ABBA song, and the one I always play to those who dismiss ABBA.

I do hate how ABBA have become regarded almost like a lightweight karaoke hit machine. They were a deep, wildly experimental and ambitious pop group, with layered and frequently complex song arrangements, and they make it sound so effortless.

Michael!

Do you have Frida's incredible solo album "Something's Going On?" Produced by Phil Collins who also plays the drums on the record. It's AWESOME!!!

• Like 1

Better than the Beatles.

You just like to say that Earl to f**k with the status quo! You also like to say that John Lennon was a bum who wrote no songs at all, and it was all McCartney. Next you'll be saying Ringo wrote everything with Harrison and George Martin taking their orders from Barbara Bach aka Mrs.Starkey, with Yoko sucking cocks in the back.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Epic post Pat! Yeah the real Paul was killed in a car accident anyway. Sir "Faul" wrote most of the songs! LOL! Thinking about Egg Yolko Bozo sucking cock makes my stomach sick!

It was her job before she met John!

Better than the Beatles.

Wow! Fuckk that! I would rather get a blow job from a great white shark!!!!!! LOL

• Like 1

Better than the Beatles.

Wow! Fuckk that! I would rather get a blow job from a great white shark!!!!!! LOL

It would probably be less painful too, and you'd have more of your dick left afterwards...

• Like 1

Better than the Beatles.

It would probably be less painful too, and you'd have more of your dick left afterwards...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Classic buddy! You are fuckking RIGHT! She probably has fangs in that big furry snatch of her's. I puke every time I see that naked picture of them which isn't too often. She's the fuckking DEVIL.

• Like 1

Better than the Beatles.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Classic buddy! You are fuckking RIGHT! She probably has fangs in that big furry snatch of her's. I puke every time I see that naked picture of them which isn't too often. She's the fuckking DEVIL.

Her hair down there looks like it needs mothballs!

• Like 1

Better than the Beatles.

Hahahaha! I think I'm going to vomit!!! She looks like Chewbacca's ugly sister!!! LOL!

She has more pussy hair than a kelp bed!

• Like 1

Better than the Beatles.

Hahahaha! I think I'm going to vomit!!! She looks like Chewbacca's ugly sister!!! LOL!

She has the teeth of a careless hobo!

• Like 1

Better than the Beatles.

She's a human PIG.

I would rather get a blow job for the wood chipper in "Fargo!" LOL!

I think she's gone black these days Earl, it's 10 inches or nothing and she's prefers 12! She's releasing a new compilation YOKO at the BBC!

Damn! You could probably park a Boeing 747 inside that rancid fur burger beaver!

• Like 1

Better than the Beatles.

She's a human PIG.

What if we cooked her? Would you eat her bacon, ham and sausage?

• Like 1

I think she's gone black these days Earl, it's 10 inches or nothing and she's prefers 12! She's releasing a new compilation YOKO at the BBC!

Damn! You could probably park a Boeing 747 inside that rancid fur burger beaver!

Paint it Black!

• Like 1

Paint it Black!

HAHAHA!

LET IT BLEED!

Better than the Beatles.

She's a human PIG.

What if we cooked her? Would you eat her bacon, ham and sausage?

Hahaha! I'm thinking of "Humanary Stew!"

Signed,

ALICE COOPER

FUKK YOKO OH NO!!!!!

A few years ago it was Slash and Axl reuniting and now it's this. It would be pure cold temperatures in hell if wanker Morrissey reunited with The Smiths.

Thing is, Slash and Axl likely did it for money.

ABBA did it for the love of their legacy and the decades of shared experience and friendship.

Frida alone is worth $300 million, the rest of the band is super well off too. I just love that they went from "we have two new songs" to "four" to "six" to most recently "f**k it we have a whole new album coming out featuring final recordings of two classic demo songs fans have wanted us to do for years".

Still sad they haven't finished a studio version of Just Like That, but hey, you can't have everything.

These two new songs just get better and better for me. I am a lifelong fan, they were my everything in my pre-teens and their music has been with me for more than two decades now.

Probably my most beloved band of all time, seeing them come back, and still sound so authentic, has moved me beyond words.

A few years ago it was Slash and Axl reuniting and now it's this. It would be pure cold temperatures in hell if wanker Morrissey reunited with The Smiths.

Thing is, Slash and Axl likely did it for money.

ABBA did it for the love of their legacy and the decades of shared experience and friendship.

Frida alone is worth $300 million, the rest of the band is super well off too. I just love that they went from "we have two new songs" to "four" to "six" to most recently "f**k it we have a whole new album coming out featuring final recordings of two classic demo songs fans have wanted us to do for years".

Still sad they haven't finished a studio version of Just Like That, but hey, you can't have everything.

These two new songs just get better and better for me. I am a lifelong fan, they were my everything in my pre-teens and their music has been with me for more than two decades now.

Probably my most beloved band of all time, seeing them come back, and still sound so authentic, has moved me beyond words.

And she's got those "I Know There's Something Going On" royalties when stations play it. One of many hits with Phil Collins guesting on drums.