Keith Emerson has died

Wil1972

.. would have posted something sooner, but I've just been sitting here with my hands over my face

I don't know whether to cry or tip this table over

f**k !!!!!

RIP Mr Emerson

You whould stab it with a dagger given to you byLemmy while it flips you end over end above an adorng crowd. Thats what Keith would have wanted.

• Like 2

I posted this when I was over on Facebook but it's possible that if he was taking certain drugs for the nerve issue, that it could have caused the suicidal thoughts. It's very common with the anti-seizure drugs that they use for this problem.
  • Like 1

I posted this when I was over on Facebook but it's possible that if he was taking certain drugs for the nerve issue, that it could have caused the suicidal thoughts. It's very common with the anti-seizure drugs that they use for this problem.

That's completely true and very unfortunate

Lyrica and gabapentin, for example, are frightening drugs, and both can cause much more harm than any temporary benefit

• Like 1

But suicide? Really??? Depression? Nerve damage? STAY OFF OF DRUGS!!!!!

• Like 1

I have nerve pain in both legs and have been on Gabapentin for 4 years. I haven't had that particular side effect personally but it does help with the pain/numbness/burning. I have heard other people tell me that they couldn't take it because they felt suicidal on it, but I've been thankful to have it. It would be a even more of a shame if his death was due to a medication side effect.

• Like 2

I have nerve pain in both legs and have been on Gabapentin for 4 years. I haven't had that particular side effect personally but it does help with the pain/numbness/burning. I have heard other people tell me that they couldn't take it because they felt suicidal on it, but I've been thankful to have it. It would be a even more of a shame if his death was due to a medication side effect.

When I was going thru treatment for lyme disease, the doc prescribed gabapentin because of pain was having from my jaw down my arm ... I have never felt so disconnected and scared - and I had no idea why .. I drove to my sister's house just to be around someone, and on the way there I drove thru a red light and didn;t care ... A 15 minute drive made me feel as if I were a million miles from civilization

One of the worst experiences of my life

EM, I am glad you are doing well on it ... My doc didn;t warn me ...

• Like 2

What the hell is going on this year??

The Classic Rock Era is coming to an end. The greatest musicians of our generation are retiring.....or dying.

The Circle Of Life continues, whether we like it or not. :huh: :huh:

LONG LIVE ROCK!! :haz: :haz: :haz:

"Long Live Rock?" Yeah, right...

More like RIP Rock.

When I was going thru treatment for lyme disease, the doc prescribed gabapentin because of pain was having from my jaw down my arm ... I have never felt so disconnected and scared - and I had no idea why .. I drove to my sister's house just to be around someone, and on the way there I drove thru a red light and didn;t care ... A 15 minute drive made me feel as if I were a million miles from civilization

One of the worst experiences of my life

EM, I am glad you are doing well on it ... My doc didn;t warn me ...

It just wiped me out when I first started taking it. Made me really tired. They may have given you too large a dose to start with. I usually have to start at a pretty small dose of something because I'm hyper sensitive to most meds.

• Like 1

Looking at his facebook page, he seemed happy and engaged. But who knows what may have been lurking below the surface. I wonder if all the other recent deaths of Lemmy, Bowie, etc. had an effect on him. It appears he had some Japan shows lined up in April.

https://www.facebook.com/KEITH.EMERSON.OFFICIALPAGE/

Cool photo of Keith and Jimmy Page.

• Like 1

The Classic Rock Era is coming to an end. The greatest musicians of our generation are retiring.....or dying.

More like RIP Rock.

Are you ever not a drama queen?

• Like 2

More like RIP Rock.

That's very pessimistic of you. Do you ever try thinking positively?

Edited by PolarizeMe

More like RIP Rock.

I don't think it's excess drama. The majority of first generation rock band members were born during, or right after, WWII. David Bowie-1947 , Lemmy- 1945, Keith Richards- 1943, Ray Davies- 1943, Paul McCartney-1942, etc etc, which puts a lot of them around 70 or a little older. The life span for an average man in developed countries is about 80, but there was some famous study a few years ago (can't find it now! :) ) that the rock touring lifestyle takes about 10 years away from the average rockers life. :( :(

The music goes on, but something is lost when the original people start disappearing.

• Like 2

More like RIP Rock.

I don't think it's excess drama. The majority of first generation rock band members were born during, or right after, WWII. David Bowie-1947 , Lemmy- 1945, Keith Richards- 1943, Ray Davies- 1943, Paul McCartney-1942, etc etc, which puts a lot of them around 70 or a little older. The life span for an average man in developed countries is about 80, but there was some famous study a few years ago (can't find it now! :) ) that the rock touring lifestyle takes about 10 years away from the average rockers life. :( :(

The music goes on, but something is lost when the original people start disappearing.

Yes, the music goes on and will go on, but these men are irreplaceable and belong to a time and place that comes only once. It may come again, but it won't be the same.

These men, and the bands they belonged to, we owe so very much to. I'm so very grateful that I was alive when these bands first came on the scene and to have known first-hand the impact many of them made with their unique sound and music.

When someone posted in the Random section a list of rockers over seventy, I made the remark that we should steel ourselves because they would start dying one after the other. Shortly after that remark, they started dying. I don't mean to be a downer, but honestly - we have to be prepared for more of these deaths.

I agree with you, Chica - something about being a famous musician that whittles away the years. Maybe it's the constant draining of their reservoir of creativity that shortens their life. Maybe it's the touring and lifestyle.

• Like 1

More like RIP Rock.

Yes, the music goes on and will go on, but these men are irreplaceable and belong to a time and place that comes only once. It may come again, but it won't be the same.

These men, and the bands they belonged to, we owe so very much to. I'm so very grateful that I was alive when these bands first came on the scene and to have known first-hand the impact many of them made with their unique sound and music.

When someone posted in the Random section a list of rockers over seventy, I made the remark that we should steel ourselves because they would start dying one after the other. Shortly after that remark, they started dying. I don't mean to be a downer, but honestly - we have to be prepared for more of these deaths.

I agree with you, Chica - something about being a famous musician that whittles away the years. Maybe it's the constant draining of their reservoir of creativity that shortens their life. Maybe it's the touring and lifestyle.

So it's your fault all of these famous musicians are dying.

• Like 3

More like RIP Rock.

So it's your fault all of these famous musicians are dying.

No. I apologize for wording my sentence poorly. I'm one of the last ones to want to see them all die off. Each one that does die reminds me I'm not getting any younger either.

Maybe it was Eagle who posted the list. I don't remember what thread in that section it is in - could be "what made you sad today." I'll go look for it.

More like RIP Rock.

I'm sorry, but I do find it strange to write "long live rock" after our tenth or eleventh rock star death in the past four month period.