Some outlet reads the RS article as Alex confirming Rush is done touring completely

zappafrank

Feedback Part 2 will arrive in 2017

More like "Backwash" 2018

1. "We Are Family"

2. "Disco Inferno"

3. "In The Navy"

4. "Stayin' Alive" Dedicated to Neil and his red apple fetish

5. "Xanadu" Olivia Newton John cover

6. "Grease" Is The Nerd... Dedicated to The Professor

7. "Celebration" Rush is over.

8. "Serpentine Hold Your Fire" A horrible combo tune

9. "KillJoy Was Here" Yet another song dedicated to Neil

10. "New York Groove" Featuring Alex and Ace together!

Bonus Track For Japan: 11. "Relax" Go to it Neil when you want to come.

• Like 2

Hey Francesco!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/04b3fd03e3199a21644919d2954d9c7a/tumblr_n1g0p1nhvx1sg3xpdo1_400.gif

Well it's not too late for a Village People Reunion! Neil can play drums easily for that group!

I actually laughed and woke my dog up

Feedback Part 2 will arrive in 2017

More like "Backwash" 2018

1. "We Are Family"

2. "Disco Inferno"

3. "In The Navy"

4. "Stayin' Alive" Dedicated to Neil and his red apple fetish

5. "Xanadu" Olivia Newton John cover

6. "Grease" Is The Nerd... Dedicated to The Professor

7. "Celebration" Rush is over.

8. "Serpentine Hold Your Fire" A horrible combo tune

9. "KillJoy Was Here" Yet another song dedicated to Neil

10. "New York Groove" Featuring Alex and Ace together!

Bonus Track For Japan: 11. "Relax" Go to it Neil when you want to come.

My wife would absolutely love this list.

Okay now these articles are just blatantly clickbaiting. I recently saw one that said "OMG VERY SAD NEWS CONCERNING NEIL PEART OF RUSH" of course, leading people to wonder if he's suffering from some incurable deadly disease. Nope, it was the same RS article.

Yeah I saw that crap headline too. I didn't think HE had a "deadly disease" but I did think someone close to him was sick.

I never thought I'd actually see this sad day but here it is!

:(

What sad day is that?

A day when a bunch of people on The Rush Forum are bantering back and forth about whether Rush is done touring for good, or who's right and who's wrong about something that Alex may or may not have said?

Happens all the time. Welcome to the wonderful interwebs.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ... are people still talking about this? "And, in the news today, Alex Lifeson, guitarist for the legendary rock band Rush, was seen eating lunch at Duckworth's Fish & Chips on the Danforth today in Toronto's east end."

I wonder if Ged or Alex are going to break their silence and clarify a few things now that major news outlets are reporting that Rush is retired.

So, once again:

Statement from band member > Press overreaction > Fan Overreaction > Neil vilification

......and thus the cycle of life is complete.

What I got from the article is that they needed a break. And they're currently taking one.

• Like 1

I wonder if Ged or Alex are going to break their silence and clarify a few things now that major news outlets are reporting that Rush is retired.

Major news outlets? Where?

• Like 1

:facepalm: This is trending on Book of Face.

I just saw that.

The problem with the whole thing is that it's being made out to the masses that Rush will never play live again.

I think we all know that extended tours are a thing of the past. But they've always gone into this saying maybe a residency or something. The media presenting all of this as if Rush is 100% done for good, band members going their separate ways never to interact again.

I just saw that.

The problem with the whole thing is that it's being made out to the masses that Rush will never play live again.

I think we all know that extended tours are a thing of the past. But they've always gone into this saying maybe a residency or something. The media presenting all of this as if Rush is 100% done for good, band members going their separate ways never to interact again.

I'm sure it's Danniels. :eyeroll:

Probably blabbing to somebody's brother-in-law's nephew who is an intern at some half-credible rock n' roll journo...in hopes of drumming up interest leading to higher sales of reissues that are surely going to come sometime soon.

:LOL:

But they've always gone into this saying maybe a residency or something.

They have? I must've missed that news about them stating something about a residency. I didn't think that would suit them and I certainly didn't see any comments from any of them about it.

They have? I must've missed that news about them stating something about a residency. I didn't think that would suit them and I certainly didn't see any comments from any of them about it.

This is kind of like the telephone game...enough people have posted such a supposition on TRF, and now it has become a public statement from the band.

You know, because a TRF post = truth.

:blink:

This is kind of like the telephone game...enough people have posted such a supposition on TRF, and now it has become a public statement from the band.

You know, because a TRF post = truth.

:blink:

That's what I'm thinking. Plenty of TRFers have whacked off to the suggestion (by another TRFer) of a residency somewhere. But I don't remember anything from Rush saying so.

• Like 1

Billboard is pretty major in the music biz.

http://www.billboard...ed-from-touring

:o I did not catch that...

"Neil Drummer".

I am not yet convinced of 'major' standing. :P

• Like 1

I thought Geddy mentioned it once...once.

No, Alex actually said it because I remember him mentioning that Vegas would never be their thing but maybe other places....if I can find the link later, I will post it.

Regardless though, everyone back away from the ledge. Please.

I thought Geddy mentioned it once...once.

No, Alex actually said it because I remember him mentioning that Vegas would never be their thing but maybe other places....if I can find the link later, I will post it.

Regardless though, everyone back away from the ledge. Please.

Yes, that sounds right. Thanks!

• Like 1

Billboard is pretty major in the music biz.

http://www.billboard...ed-from-touring

"Neil Drummer".

I am not yet convinced of 'major' standing. :P

Good eye! "Neil Drummer" :LOL:

Kind of like 'Joe Strummer'.

And again, as usual, I'm the only one disappointed in Neil. Because when you really get down to the heart of the matter, Neil was the one who determined the fate of Rush.

Interestingly enough, I read some comments on FB saying that Alex is "airing dirty laundry and blaming Neil" And that isn't really want I got from that article at all.

No...and you seem to not want to understand this. What part of "physically unable to" your having a hard time understanding? The guy is obviously in a lot of pain and his body is telling him he can't perform at the level he feels the music deserves....which directly affects the fans enjoyment.

Neil is old, he plays ferociously and as 30 plus year fan of the band I am glad I was able to witness 33 years of live Rush. Seriously what in God's green earth is so hard for some whining fans to understand about men getting old and not able to do what they once could do every night. Touring is grueling and Neil can't handle it anymore. He gave us 40 freaking years of live music.

Move on.

From the article:

“He didn’t even want to do the [R40 Tour], to be honest with you,” Lifeson explained. “It’s been increasingly difficult for him, but he committed to the tour and we got through it. As far as he was concerned, that was the end of touring.”

“His shoulders were hurting, his arms were hurting, his elbows, his feet, everything,” Lifeson added of Peart. “He didn’t want to play anything less than 100 percent. He was finding it increasingly difficult to hit that mark on this last tour. So, all those things combined, I get it. I’m disappointed and I think Geddy [Lee] is very disappointed and we’d love to continue this tour a little bit longer, but we’re off now.”

Lifeson would not close the door on Rush entirely, however, saying it’s possible they could still record music or play a one-off show together.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

And again, as usual, I'm the only one disappointed in Neil. Because when you really get down to the heart of the matter, Neil was the one who determined the fate of Rush.

That's because you clearly don't understand the toll of aging, after a 40 year career of a highly physical sort.

But you will someday.

What Alex said is nothing new.

If you saw the Forum show last year, you saw the last Rush show.

So, once again:

Statement from band member > Press overreaction > Fan Overreaction > Neil vilification

......and thus the cycle of life is complete.

What I got from the article is that they needed a break. And they're currently taking one.

What I got was what I felt I already knew. Neil is done with touring. Simple as that. And it is a health issue. The guy has severe tendinitis in his shoulders (which has been confirmed over and over again by the band) and can't handle the physical demands of his music on a tour anymore.

It's over.

It's not a big deal. The music will live on forever. We have ton's of live documents of the band to enjoy. And there are some great young bands all over the globe to go see and discover folks.