Official Def Leppard Thread

Segue Myles

For the fans who have no real place to go!
  • Like 2

I like the new album. It's a start.
  • Like 3

What other albums have you heard besides the new one?

I have heard the classics, but I thought if they aren't convincing me just yet go elsewhere. Spotify had this one, and little else. So will play all that that site has to offer.

It sounds like a mix of Bon Jovi, Foreigner, and One Direction. Very commercial, very cheesy but incredibly fun!

So Segue have you listened to Slang yet? It's a polarizing album for the fan base and I am curious what you think of it? I really like it but don't let that hold back from an honest opinion. ;)
  • Like 3

The new one has a similar sound to the albums Hysteria, Adrenalize and Euphoria. I see no reason why you wouldn't like those three if you like the new one.

I will give them another shot! I also hear their early stuff,before Hysteria was heavier. What albums are they?

• Like 1

The new one has a similar sound to the albums Hysteria, Adrenalize and Euphoria. I see no reason why you wouldn't like those three if you like the new one.

I will give them another shot! I also hear their early stuff,before Hysteria was heavier. What albums are they?

High 'n' Dry and Pyromania are what you want. There is also On Through the Night (debut) which is fair to good but the others are stronger.

• Like 2

I am happy to try them again. Until last year I hated Bon Jovi and for a long time I couldn't understand what the fuss about Black Sabbath was. So let's see!
  • Like 1

So Segue have you listened to Slang yet? It's a polarizing album for the fan base and I am curious what you think of it? I really like it but don't let that hold back from an honest opinion. ;)

Slang took me a few listens to get used to the change in sound but overall I really like it a lot.

Even though Steve Clark died before Adrenalize was released, he did a lot of writing on it. Slang was the album where the band dealt with his death. Except for the title track there was a serious tone on most of the album and a lot of the lyrics showed a much deeper side to the band.

• Like 1

I still think Bon Jovi are a lot better. This self titled effort is not a patch on the best of recent Bon Jovi or even the last Foreigner album.

But it's a solid 6 or 7/10, and I love it when classic rock bands still sound so solid! This stuff is really fun...it has whet my appetite for more.

• Like 1

Actually this self titled effort sounds quite a bit like the last Foreigner album, it sounds both old school and fresh! Great vocals as well, and I like the laid back vibe for most of it.

Definitely going to replay this one.

• Like 2

Wings Of An Angel was an amazing slice of pop rock!

Ooooh I am getting into this band for sure...

• Like 1

Actually this self titled effort sounds quite a bit like the last Foreigner album, it sounds both old school and fresh! Great vocals as well, and I like the laid back vibe for most of it.

Yeah, the new one has an old school vibe to it but still sounds modern.

Dangerous is probably my favorite on it. I think if it got the right push from the label that Invincible could be a huge hit for them.

• Like 1

Yeah, the new one has an old school vibe to it but still sounds modern.

Dangerous is probably my favorite on it. I think if it got the right push from the label that Invincible could be a huge hit for them.

Definitely enjoyed that album.

This thread is getting active quick.

Pyromania strikes me as a little bit overrated although I might just have to listen to it again because it was the first I heard and every other album seemed to sound a little bit better as I warmed up to the sound.

I really liked Retro Active. Is this a popular album within the fanbase?

Edited by Day of Light

Pyromania strikes me as a little bit overrated although I might just have to listen to it again because it was the first I heard and every other album seemed to sound a little bit better as I warmed up to the sound.

Well, Retro Active isn't actually a studio album. It's a bunch of b-sides and unreleased songs. I really like a good number of the songs though.

• Like 1

Pyromania is good. It has uneven moments but you could tell they were reaching for something beyond the albums that came before it.

And as for the debut, I am a sucker for that album. Completely different than their later stuff.

I haven't heard much of anything beyond "Slang", which is a great song.

• Like 1

High 'n' Dry and Pyromania are what you want. There is also On Through the Night (debut) which is fair to good but the others are stronger.

Ooh, yes! H&D and Pyromania are my faves. You can tell the difference between the two, how Pyromania is much more polished (and, dare I say, commercially constructed), but I still like them both. They took that polished sound and ran with it on Hysteria, so Segue, if that's the sort of thing you like then you should check out that album.

• Like 2

High N' Dry and Pyromania are far and away their best.

Their debut is alright but nothing crazy good.

Hysteria has its moments but I got tired of it really quickly.

I hate Adrenalize.

Slang was a weird experiment that I'm not a fan of.

Euphoria is actually pretty good. I recommend it after Pyromania and High N' Dry.

X is garbage.

Songs From The Sparkle Lounge is also pretty bad.

I haven't listened to the new one yet.

In short, go listen to High N' Dry, Pyromania, and Euphoria.

• Like 1

Def Lep died when Steve Clark did. All the other music is a blight on his good name.

THIS

1. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad

2. Let's Get Rocked

3. Paper Sun

4. Rock On (One of the best covers ever)

5. Pretty much everything on the latest album.

I'm right, you're wrong. Next?