Does this make me a bad parent?

Tombstone Mountain

Tshirt idea I've had for years: Have it say 'I AM my kid's worst influence'.

Funny and philosophical at the same time.

And so freaking true Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 3

In order to help my ten year old learn more about history, and have fun while doing it, we watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

He was grinning ear to ear the whole time. It was totally cool dude.

Not if it gets you both talking. Film should promote discussion afterwards. Except Michael Bay films.

• Like 3

In order to help my ten year old learn more about history, and have fun while doing it, we watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

He was grinning ear to ear the whole time. It was totally cool dude.

Not if it gets you both talking. Film should promote discussion afterwards. Except Michael Bay films.

Well, his films do tend to leave one speechless.....

• Like 2

Tonight I was in WM and saw in the bargain bin of CD's "Diary of a Madman". I bought it and gave my 10 year old son his first listen to the Ozman.

By the end of Over the Mountain, he was moving his head to the beat. He looked at the cover and said "Dad, is this appropriate for me?"

220px-Ozzy_Osbourne_Diary_of_a_Madman.jpg

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

I funded the R40 trip with my child's college savings.

Pretty sure I'm a bad parent for that, but at least I took him with me! Plus I'll pay it back.

• Like 1

Tonight I was in WM and saw in the bargain bin of CD's "Diary of a Madman". I bought it and gave my 10 year old son his first listen to the Ozman.

By the end of Over the Mountain, he was moving his head to the beat. He looked at the cover and said "Dad, is this appropriate for me?"

220px-Ozzy_Osbourne_Diary_of_a_Madman.jpg

SINNER!!! Yes bad parent, bad! I just love you, I really do.

No, the bad parent is the one that taught him to ask if something is appropriate. He's too young to be asking that.

• Like 1

My niece took several theology classes while working on her sports management degree. Not having had any religious upbringing, she was struggling over the course work regarding the nature of Sin.

I used the philosophy of the Jedi as an analogy. All the little things we do which take us down the path to the Dark Side.......all the little lies, the cheats, the selfishness, all those "sins"......everytime we let our morals slide, we take another step down that dark path. There is no difference between the way we go turn to the Dark Side (in the movies) and the way we fall from grace and end up with Satan.

Her brain literally exploded right there. She GOT IT. Everything made sense to her then.

I am a GREAT uncle......:LOL: :lol:

that is an excellent explanation! Might borrow that sometime.

I might use this thread as therapy!

What happens when someone answers YES to something you did?

a great question. Ideally, one would use the input to do some introspection.

I might use this thread as therapy!

What happens when someone answers YES to something you did?

a great question. Ideally, one would use the input to do some introspection.

Wonder what the odds are on that because the reflex of defending what one did seems high.

• Like 1

I took my kid to see the first Jackass movie when he was 10, so Bill & Ted is not bad parenting. Jackass movie for a 10 year old....well, yeah, probably not the best idea I've had.

Taking your child to see Jackass at age 10....mmmm....yeah you suck!
  • Like 1

I told my son I thought the hymns in the traditional service at church were boring.

I could go either way on that.

Most are.

As a kid, I told one of my religious aunts ((they ALL were religious actually)) that I enjoyed the melodies of all the songs in church. I'm pretty sure I said that just so I could get more of her tasty after dinner desserts.

Going to hell with a belly full of sweet cakes. Sweet! :blaze:

I can imagine a spinoff thread called "Did this make me a bad kid?"

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I took my kid to see the first Jackass movie when he was 10, so Bill & Ted is not bad parenting. Jackass movie for a 10 year old....well, yeah, probably not the best idea I've had.

Taking your child to see Jackass at age 10....mmmm....yeah you suck!

You said he sucked back on March 3rd. Go back a page. :LOL:

• Like 1

My youngest son just got his driver's permit, so my wife wanted to take him out on the road. I decided to tag along in the backseat and kept my mouth shut the whole time. After we were finished, I said to my son "So how does it feel to be learning from Salieri when Amadeus was sitting in the back seat?" Does that make me a bad parent?
  • Like 1

My youngest son just got his driver's permit, so my wife wanted to take him out on the road. I decided to tag along in the backseat and kept my mouth shut the whole time. After we were finished, I said to my son "So how does it feel to be learning from Salieri when Amadeus was sitting in the back seat?" Does that make me a bad parent?

Oh man I bet your wife loooooved that.

Next, you should sit him down and make him watch this. So much history packed into 92 minutes.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc1NDYxNzk0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODk2OTY5._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg