Everyday Glory vs Available Light

DirkPrattLerxst

Everyday Glory vs Available Light   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better, Everyday Glory or Available Light?

• Everyday Glory
    • Available Light

Everyday Glory, by a lightyear

"Available Light" is one of the greatest Rush songs ever made!! Geddy's vocal nails that tune.

this supports my point on why I think Available Light is overrated

Because Earl said that?! Earl might say three or four dozen different Rush songs are “one of the greatest Rush songs ever made”

:no:

I could show you other people who thought close of the same thing when I have time

And I’ve seen your idea of “EVERYONE thinks (x) is the great! They think it’s 2112 again!” ((your “everyone” is anywhere between 25-50% of those polled)) :P

I guess hyperboles don't exist

"Available Light" is one of the greatest Rush songs ever made!! Geddy's vocal nails that tune.

Because Earl said that?! Earl might say three or four dozen different Rush songs are “one of the greatest Rush songs ever made”

I could show you other people who thought close of the same thing when I have time

And I’ve seen your idea of “EVERYONE thinks (x) is the great! They think it’s 2112 again!” ((your “everyone” is anywhere between 25-50% of those polled)) :P

Not when they're so repeatedly exaggerated beyond recognition. But okay whatever.

• Like 1

Not when they're so repeatedly exaggerated beyond recognition. But okay whatever.

Why does everyone consider Xanadu to be the best Rush song?

Why does everyone say Test For Echo is the worst Rush album?

Why does everyone say Marathon is the best song on Power Windows?

Why does everyone say Counterparts is the best post HYF album?

:)

They do??

They do??

overused over-exaggeration :D

Why do fools fall in love?

Why do birds sing so gay?

And lovers await the break of day

Why do they fall in love?

Why does the rain fall from above?

Why do fools fall in love?

Why do they fall in love?

• Like 2

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

Maybe, if they hadn`t made CA

• Like 1

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

*cough cough* Vapor Trails

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

It barely registers as an album :codger:

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

because of the production?

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

I think lyrically it`s quite strong, but somehow it all sounds weak. It should be a really hard rocking record.
  • Like 1

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

I think lyrically it`s quite strong, but somehow it all sounds weak. It should be a really hard rocking record.

"sounds weak"

"sounds weak"

"sounds weak"

"sounds weak"

"sounds weak"

One Little Victory

Ceiling Unlimited

Peaceable Kingdom

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Freeze

sure....

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

"sounds weak"

"sounds weak"

"sounds weak"

"sounds weak"

"sounds weak"

One Little Victory

Ceiling Unlimited

Peaceable Kingdom

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Freeze

sure....

Musically boring then. The lyrics deserve better.

Your hyperbole mentality...

Why does EVERYONE think S&A is the greatest Rush album ever?! See here for evidence:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/89891-moving-pictures-vs-signals-vs-snakes-and-arrows/page__mode__show

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

The idea to switch the roles of guitar and bass was mistake, imo. As you note, the lyrics are strong, as are the songs in general, but the execution doesn't quite work for an entire album. I still think the result is an accomplishment, however, and in small doses the album is some of the band's best work.
  • Like 1

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

The idea to switch the roles of guitar and bass was mistake, imo. As you note, the lyrics are strong, as are the songs in general, but the execution doesn't quite work for an entire album. I still think the result is an accomplishment, however, and in small doses the album is some of the band's best work.

Earthshine is probably my favorite 21st century Rush song even against all the muscle on CA.

Ghost Rider and Vapor Trail are definitely my favorites lyrically from this century

• Like 1

It isn`t

It probably is

Nonsense

I`d rather they`d tried polka or reggae versions - well, maybe - as the songs just sound like they`re missing an instrument - and nobody ever felt that about heyday Rush.