If there was a 2112 part 2...

AnEggplant

I say it's a concept album about By-Tor trying to take over the solar federation while Tom Sawyer rides his Rocinante to find help in another galaxy. Oh, and it'll have Hemispheres-esque music. :sundog:

It should be about what happens when the elder race takes over and they give everyone power to make their own music and run their lives and then people start complaining about stuff that they don't like to the elder race the elder race in response to the people fixes those things and they create a government that eventually ends up like the priests and then someone takes it down again it should be a concept album because it could start out happy and get darker and wonder if the elder race did get destroyed by their ancient ways Edited by Airship2112
  • Like 1

...what would it be about? What should the music be like? Would it be a one song epic or a concept album?

A concept album that reveals the Klingons of the 22 century have taken over the solar federation.

• Like 1

...what would it be about? What should the music be like? Would it be a one song epic or a concept album?

A concept album that reveals the Klingons of the 22 century have taken over the solar federation.

YES!

Isn't there already?

There may be. If so I'm not aware of it.

Yeah, KJA has written a sequel.

Clockwork Angels author Kevin J. Andersonannounced back at RushCon 14 last year plans for an anthology of Rush-based stories that he'd be co-editing with John McFetridge for ECW Press (publisher of Clockwork Angels and Neil Peart's books). They lined up a team of award-winning and bestselling authors to contribute short stories based on Rush songs, with Anderson himself contributing a novella titled 2113which he completed earlier this year. The book is close to completion with a tentative release date of April 12, 2016 and is now available for pre-order

http://www.amazon.com/2113-Stories-Inspired-Music-Rush/dp/1770412921/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1456461587&sr=1-1&keywords=2113

I'm in the process of writing a screenplay for the next one. It's simply called "2666."

It's going to be a sci-fi thriller mixed in with a serious evil horror theme. Perhaps with a touch of "Bill And Ted's."

HR. Giger meets John Carpenter meets Stanley Kubrick meets Spinal Tap. Rob Reiner

Syrinx goes Satanic? Rock And Roll Will Save The Solar System this time!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Too late Dream Theater have done it with The Astonishing.I have yet to get through it and completely understand it but then I haven't been able to get through Tales From Topographic Oceans in forty years.

...what would it be about?

About 20 minutes too long, if they follow the pattern of recent efforts.

:P

I was listening to some Van Halen today...Diver Down. +/- 30-minute album that leaves you wanting more.

Too late Dream Theater have done it with The Astonishing.I have yet to get through it and completely understand it but then I haven't been able to get through Tales From Topographic Oceans in forty years.

You are absolutely hilarious and I totally get it. You nailed it on both albums.

"Topographic Oceans?"

I remember playing that album on vinyl one Christmas when I still lived at home. We were decorating the tree as a family while it was playing in the background.

My dad got irritated and told me to "TURN THAT SHIT OFF NOW SON!"

I did.

Never looked back.

Now you could say my dad is lame but.....

I have taken my dad to see since then...

RUSH 4 times

KISS 3 times

DEF LEPPARD once

SAMMY HAGAR AND MONTROSE

VAN HALEN WITH SAMMY 2 times

VAN HALEN WITH DAVE 2 times

ROLLING STONES once

THE POLICE Two times

TOM JONES once

Y&T two times

ASIA once

• Like 3

Fuckk albums that need to be a PART DEUX.

It's like John Carpenter never wanted to do a "Halloween II" but the Powers That Be but an invisible uzi to his forehead.

He actually said this in an interview... "I had had no intention in making a sequel to Halloween but they made me. I had to drink a six pack a night and smoke cigarettes to get through the script."

It's not word for word but it's close.

"Aliens' was good.

"Terminator II" was good.

Meh.

Not much else.......

Hypocritically "Book I and Book II" from "Kings" and "Hemispheres" are EPIC.

But overall forget it.

• Like 1