What I've been up to this weekend

The Analog Cub

This weekend I participated with a few friends in HackISU, the campus weekend-long hackathon at Iowa State. We decided we wanted to make a musical instrument, so here we have the SynthePizer. We have a 32x32 LED matrix board displaying the UI, and we hacked into a Boogie Board writing tablet to control the input. Then, we placed a few audio files (in this case, an organ, a trombone, and a didgeridoo) into the system and as you move the stylus up and down the Boogie Board it changes the pitch of the note. We've got the whole thing running on a Raspberry Pi.

While we didn't win anything for it, this was a ton of fun to make. Unfortunately, I could not think of any Rush I could attempt playing, as the board unfortunately isn't big enough to play a whole octave's worth of notes (it only went from G to a slightly sharp F).

Here's the video. I'm the one playing the instrument with the board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZdnCk43sI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 2

This weekend I participated with a few friends in HackISU, the campus weekend-long hackathon at Iowa State. We decided we wanted to make a musical instrument, so here we have the SynthePizer. We have a 32x32 LED matrix board displaying the UI, and we hacked into a Boogie Board writing tablet to control the input. Then, we placed a few audio files (in this case, an organ, a trombone, and a didgeridoo) into the system and as you move the stylus up and down the Boogie Board it changes the pitch of the note. We've got the whole thing running on a Raspberry Pi.

While we didn't win anything for it, this was a ton of fun to make. Unfortunately, I could not think of any Rush I could attempt playing, as the board unfortunately isn't big enough to play a whole octave's worth of notes (it only went from G to a slightly sharp F).

Sweet dude. You have nice hands, and a voice that reminds me of Barry White.
  • Like 1

Sweet dude. You have nice hands, and a voice that reminds me of Barry White.

That isn't me talking :LOL: