Rush needs to hire a female vocalist. Problem solved!

Jsteinrush

I was the bassist/singer in a Rush cover band years ago and we always got a lot of the "wow, that's a great idea" comments at the time. Even in most of the other bands I've been in, it's been easier for me to sing the vocals on a lot of the 70's/80's music because of the higher vocals. The guys would want to tune down and it doesn't work for a lot of songs. They sound like they're being dragged through the mud.

Any recordings, EM?

Unfortunately, no. The band is no more so the band website was taken down.

Well now, that was interesting. The young lady can hit the high notes, but the two vocal parts by the guitarist? Hmm.

Good guitar, bass, and keyboards.

The drumming-bleah. I may take some hits on this, but to paraphrase, "If that's your job, quit.". Sorry, MHO.

Edited by pjbear05

I VOLUNTEER!

(If I can get 2nd place at Rush karaoke at Rushcon, surely I could do this!)

• Like 2

Foo Fighters have covered Rush songs live before.

I like the Foo Fighters. But they are not very good at Rush songs. In fact I only started liking the Foo Fighters cause they like Rush.

They did kill it at the awards. But every other time I have seen them do Rush I was not impressed.

Ask Rush about having a girl singer and they'd probably flash back to the uncomfortable tour with The Runaways.

I love the old photo of them sitting in a restaurant with them looking like embarassed hostages.