Rush needs to hire a female vocalist. Problem solved!

Jsteinrush

They lost the drummer, not the singer.

You are correct. In regards to the vocals, a female singer can bring life back to a lot of old songs.

if I went to a rush concert (hopefully I will again in my life) and someone else was singing ... I would feel cheated .. if someone wants to hear an imitator, there are tribute bands for that

• Like 5

You are correct. In regards to the vocals, a female singer can bring life back to a lot of old songs.

if I went to a rush concert (hopefully I will again in my life) and someone else was singing ... I would feel cheated .. if someone wants to hear an imitator, there are tribute bands for that

I think it would be cool for certain songs to have a "fill in" Geddy would still sing the songs with the lower range vocals.

Ffs, no. As a rule I DO NOT LIKE female singers. The worst Rush song ever is Time Stand Still because it has a female singer. (I've got nothing against Aimee Mann but she does not belong singing with Rush.)
  • Like 2

Ffs, no. As a rule I DO NOT LIKE female singers. The worst Rush song ever is Time Stand Still because it has a female singer. (I've got nothing against Aimee Mann but she does not belong singing with Rush.)

I think its a little exaggeration saying thats their worst song because the female singer, she only says 3 words in it.

Im not the biggest fan of female singers either, but bands like Heart or Fleetwood Mac have great female singers imo

• Like 2

Dude, you could not be more wrong.

I think its a little exaggeration saying thats their worst song because the female singer, she only says 3 words in it.

Im not the biggest fan of female singers either, but bands like Heart or Fleetwood Mac have great female singers imo

There are certainly good female singers, and there are occasionally ones I really like (Nightwish, for example). But they do not belong with Rush.

I could not be more wrong stating that I do not like female singers?

• Like 1

I think it would be cool for certain songs to have a "fill in" Geddy would still sing the songs with the lower range vocals.

I agree. It would be cool to have support for Geddy and let him sing the songs with the lower range. Then if they could only get Neil on board to write some more songs (and perhaps do the studio drumming) and his blessing for a replacement drummer or the tour then we might be back in business.

No, I have not been smoking something. Just dreaming.

RUSH "HEMISPHERES" Cygnus X-1Book 2 (cover) start to finish!

https://www.youtube....h?v=cKPrhWmnth4

A female singer can hit the high range better then a male singer. The video i posted was a good example.

range is not everything

I would say 80%

No no no no no. Timbre, phrasing, style, uniqueness. I would much prefer to listen to Natalie Merchant than Christina aguilera but it's clear who has more range. Few of my favorite female singers frequently display range. It's seasoning, not the meal so it's maybe 1% important. Kind of like that 21st fret on the high e string. Hardly ever really need to fret it to play most of the songs you want to hear.

• Like 1

HOLY WOW!! I just watched the whole 18 minutes of Hemispheres by this band… the very young female singer, looks about 15, is amazing! She NAILS it. It goes to show just HOW high Geddy could sing back then.

If anyone even kind of likes Hemispheres, watch the video. The musicians are bang-on, note for note.

• Like 2

I could not be more wrong stating that I do not like female singers?

Plus, MusicHead could not be wrong by calling you "dude."

• Like 1

I was the bassist/singer in a Rush cover band years ago and we always got a lot of the "wow, that's a great idea" comments at the time. Even in most of the other bands I've been in, it's been easier for me to sing the vocals on a lot of the 70's/80's music because of the higher vocals. The guys would want to tune down and it doesn't work for a lot of songs. They sound like they're being dragged through the mud.

I was the bassist/singer in a Rush cover band years ago and we always got a lot of the "wow, that's a great idea" comments at the time. Even in most of the other bands I've been in, it's been easier for me to sing the vocals on a lot of the 70's/80's music because of the higher vocals. The guys would want to tune down and it doesn't work for a lot of songs. They sound like they're being dragged through the mud.

Any recordings, EM?