Rock Paper Scissors tour - Peter Gabriel & Sting

Lost In Xanadu

Anyone have tickets? Anyone going to get some?

I purchased a pair to see them at Summerfest in Milwaukee on July 10th. Looking forward to it, and it sounds like it will be similar to the format Sting and Paul Simon followed a few years ago. They will start by playing a couple songs together, then one plays a few songs alone, then 1 or 2 together, then the other will play a few songs alone... back and forth like this a couple times with a few songs played together as the finale/encore.

They will do their own stuff and a couple songs from the other guy's catalog too!

I'm conflicted. I worship the ground Peter Gabriel walks on, but I'd like to break Sting's fingers with a mallet.

Tough one for me.

I like Sting, big fan of The Police. Bigger fan of Genesis though.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

I'm conflicted. I worship the ground Peter Gabriel walks on, but I'd like to break Sting's fingers with a mallet.

Tough one for me.

Now, I ADORE The Police. It's just him, he's an infected bellend.

Tough one for me.

Now, I ADORE The Police. It's just him, he's an infected bellend.

:LOL: Might be worth it for you then.... half Gabriel, a quarter Police, quarter bathroom break ;)

• Like 1

I really wonder, will Gabriel be playing mostly solo stuff, or go back to some Genesis?

in an interview, they said "everything is on the table"

There are bits of the interview here, but not sure where the whole thing is...

http://petergabriel.com/news/peter-and-sting-tour-2016/

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

They're playing outdoors at Tahoe. You can watch/listen for free if you get a room overlooking the venue...or by getting a good spot in the parking garage. Tailgate party!

Would love to see those guys in Tahoe. I'm on holiday in Tahoe now. 12 inches of snow last night. Closed up the roads to the mountain. All good. Went skiing, gambling, swimming outside in a heated pool and had great dinner and wound up at a whisky bar with awesome burgers. Tahoe is fun. Summer is nice also. I will catch them in LA when they come through. Vinnie Colaiuta is on drums!
  • Like 1

Would love to see those guys in Tahoe. I'm on holiday in Tahoe now. 12 inches of snow last night. Closed up the roads to the mountain. All good. Went skiing, gambling, swimming outside in a heated pool and had great dinner and wound up at a whisky bar with awesome burgers. Tahoe is fun. Summer is nice also. I will catch them in LA when they come through. Vinnie Colaiuta is on drums!

Hey! I had to work. :rage: You got the fresh stuff...which is great because the warm weather had turned everything to ice. :D-13:

I really wonder, will Gabriel be playing mostly solo stuff, or go back to some Genesis?

Very improbable.

Carpetcrawlers would be cool, with Sting coming in on Phil's part.
  • Like 1

Anyone have tickets? Anyone going to get some?

I purchased a pair to see them at Summerfest in Milwaukee on July 10th. Looking forward to it, and it sounds like it will be similar to the format Sting and Paul Simon followed a few years ago. They will start by playing a couple songs together, then one plays a few songs alone, then 1 or 2 together, then the other will play a few songs alone... back and forth like this a couple times with a few songs played together as the finale/encore.

They will do their own stuff and a couple songs from the other guy's catalog too!

HHAHAHA!!

People love to bash "Presto" on here. Some real Rush Fans! What a joke.

I would rather listen to "Hand Over Fist" 666 times in a row then see this shite.

If Peter does "Lamb" all the way through then I will recant my random remarks.

Sting is a bore.

Saw him in The Police twice.

Done.