Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Scott Scheffler really is the anti-Tiger.  Whereas Woods would get a guy down and ferociously stomp on his neck, Scheffler is content to bore his opponents into submission. :tongue: 

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2023 at 5:48 PM, pjbear05 said:

Aaron Rai single shots The Island today!  Get that man a seegar!

When a player hits an ace, I always love seeing the others in the group congratulating them. Even though they're competing against each other, there's always time for a high five when someone dunks one from the tee.

• Like 2

It's early Friday at the Masters and a tucked pin on the severely mounded par 3 hole 6 green is making pros look like beer league hacks.  Mickleson's hit his tee shot slightly fat, leaving him short with a steep uphill pitch, which he chunked. The result was the ball rolling back down to 60 feet away from the flag. When  Phil failed to give his subsequent long par putt enough gas, the ball rolled back down 70 feet. 

"You're still away, Phil"

Edited by goose
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

ESPN's website: Golf Home Page

Bruce Koepka (-12), Jon Rahm (-9) and Sam Bennett (-8) are the leaders, but what dominates the top of the page? 

You guessed it - Tiger Woods (+2) and the Tiger Tracker....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

ESPN's website: Golf Home Page

Bruce Koepka (-12), Jon Rahm (-9) and Sam Bennett (-8) are the leaders, but what dominates the top of the page? 

You guessed it - Tiger Woods (+2) and the Tiger Tracker....

Playing poorly Tiger is still more compelling than most of the PGA's players.  

Koepka :thumbsdown:

11 minutes ago, goose said:

Playing poorly Tiger is still more compelling than most of the PGA's players.  

Koepka :thumbsdown:

Not a Koepka fan and I didn't really hear this firsthand so take it for what it's worth but it seems like he was injured and not sure of his recovery so he was just taking the Saudis' money but now that he's recovering and playing well it seems he wants to be playing real golf more than four times a year instead of participating in that farce.

The reaction of the patrons ;) to any success Phil had was kind of funny.  For the pro-life Phil there were several occasions where in the past there would have been roars but there was very muted applause this year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Not a Koepka fan and I didn't really hear this firsthand so take it for what it's worth but it seems like he was injured and not sure of his recovery so he was just taking the Saudis' money but now that he's recovering and playing well it seems he wants to be playing real golf more than four times a year instead of participating in that farce.

The reaction of the patrons ;) to any success Phil had was kind of funny.  For the pro-life Phil there were several occasions where in the past there would have been roars but there was very muted applause this year.

Looks to me like Koepka has it in the bag.  Glad he's healthy and playing well, but he was a dick before LIV.  

2 minutes ago, goose said:

Looks to me like Koepka has it in the bag.  Glad he's healthy and playing well, but he was a dick before LIV.  

Yeah, he was.  I wouldn't count out Rahm yet, though, he's only three back.  But having to play 45 holes in two days won't help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, laughedatbytime said:

So, will the winning score be better or worse than -12?

Great question.  I saw that the AM tee times were a combined +16, while the PM tee times were +88.  That makes Rahm's accomplishment even more impressive.  A shame he couldn't squeeze a par out of hole 18.

Two days of bad weather will make shooting under very difficult, with temps in the low 50s to high 40s

I guess we're getting a good idea of how things will go if you take the distance out of the shots.  Quite frankly, it seems like it will be more interesting, creative, and rewarding of skill, eventually.

Maybe tennis should go back to wooden rackets, too.

It was nice of JT to make that bogey so Tiger could play the weekend, though with these conditions I don't know if that's too great for Tiger.

Unfortunately, Bryson missed the cut and won't have a chance to improve on his 77 over par record in 12 rounds after declaring Augusta a par 67 in 2020.

20 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Maybe tennis should go back to wooden rackets, too.

Bjorn Borg did just fine with his!  :biggrin:

TIGER TRACKER REPORT:  April 9th, 2023

• 9:00 am:  Tiger Woods withdraws from the Masters Tournament
  • 10:00 am:  Tiger Woods is entering his vehicle 
  • 11:00 am:  Tiger Woods is waving to uncaring pedestrians while waiting at a red light.   
  • 12:00 pm:  Tiger Woods is driving down the road
  • 1:00 pm:  Tiger Woods is hospitalized after being T-boned by a vehicle operated by ESPN golf reporters, who were trying to get a better view of Tiger Woods
  • 2:00 pm:  No update on Tiger Woods, as hospital security has expelled all ESPN golf reporters from the building.    

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

TIGER TRACKER REPORT:  April 9th, 2023

• 9:00 am:  Tiger Woods withdraws from the Masters Tournament
  • 10:00 am:  Tiger Woods is entering his vehicle 
  • 11:00 am:  Tiger Woods is waving to uncaring pedestrians while waiting at a red light.   
  • 12:00 pm:  Tiger Woods is driving down the road
  • 1:00 pm:  Tiger Woods is hospitalized after being T-boned by a vehicle operated by ESPN golf reporters, who were trying to get a better view of Tiger Woods
  • 2:00 pm:  No update on Tiger Woods, as hospital security has expelled all ESPN golf reporters from the building.    

He's like a certain former businessman that pretended to be a politician for a time. Anything and everything he does the media covers and it's annoying. 

(I know you're joking but that's not far from the truth)

Edited by BastillePark
  • Like 1