Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Rory`s seized every opportunity to have a dig at LIV in recent months, so I`m more forgiving towards him than usual.

Sunday's level of intense competition was the greatest statement the PGA could make as to why LIV golf sucks.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, goose said:

Quite a Saturday in Phoenix at the WM!  Scheff, Schauff, Had, Hat and Rahm laying it down so far.

My least favorite tournament of the year.  It should be shortened to 54 holes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

My least favorite tournament of the year.  It should be shortened to 54 holes.

I'm not a fan of the rowdy crowd, but the play this year is great.

Just now, goose said:

I'm not a fan of the rowdy crowd, but the play this year is great.

Yeah, but just think of how much better it would be if they were allowed to wear shorts.

• Haha 1

Of course Hadwin knocks it to 1'5" causing all hell to break loose on 16.  Last group, but even Waste Management will have its hands full cleaning up.

My lord...Rahm sinks his 30- footer to steal Taylor's thunder!  Quick, hand me some garbage!

15 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Death to LIV golf!

**NOTE TO THE SAUDIS: No, I don't mean that literally, although you often do -- like you might for a woman golfing in shorts, or a journalist who publishes hurtful truths, etc.**

LiV golfers will still be invited to the Masters.  Is that a big deal, do you think?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/golf/.amp/news/masters-2023-liv-golf-members-allowed-to-play-augusta-national

Edited by goose

13 minutes ago, goose said:

LiV golfers will still be invited to the Masters.  Is that a big deal, do you think?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/golf/.amp/news/masters-2023-liv-golf-members-allowed-to-play-augusta-national

It's a big deal since it normalizes the LIV tour as just another way to be a golfer. Augusta itself has always sort of been defined by who gets excluded, so to give them invites says "you're just like the rest of us." I would prefer there were more consequences for partaking in cash grabbing sports washing exercises, but, oddly, they never asked me! 

What do you think of it? 

• Like 1

Everyone knows that Tiger suffered career-ending injuries in his car crash.  Everyone except Tiger, that is.  In his return to the PGA at Riviera today, he birdied his first hole.  :smile:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, goose said:

Everyone knows that Tiger suffered career-ending injuries in his car crash.  Everyone except Tiger, that is.  In his return to the PGA at Riviera today, he birdied his first hole.  :smile:

Tiger will soon be cancelled as a result of Tampongate though.

2 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Tiger will soon be cancelled as a result of Tampongate though.

I reckon Tiger`s as close to uncancellable as anyone on earth... however,  is Justin Thomas now walking a tightrope? He`s got two strikes with the "homophobic slur" he uttered a while back and this.  

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I reckon Tiger`s as close to uncancellable as anyone on earth... however,  is Justin Thomas now walking a tightrope? He`s got two strikes with the "homophobic slur" he uttered a while back and this.  

He committed the cardinal sin of laughing.  I suppose he could atone by changing his first name to Lia and competing in an LPGA tournament.

Edited by laughedatbytime

On 2/16/2023 at 4:03 PM, goose said:

. . . and now he might miss the cut.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

. . . and now he might miss the cut.

Tiger's end to day one was pretty cool with him making birdie on the final three holes.  And he did make the cut, surprisingly.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

For Nova:

Who you rooting for?

Alternatives to fossil fuels!

Doesn't this smack of desperation or something? This is to golf as the WWE version of the XFL was to football. 

I think the PGA put on a pretty good show at Riviera, and I think I'll get by without much Martin Kaymer in my life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Alternatives to fossil fuels!

Doesn't this smack of desperation or something? This is to golf as the WWE version of the XFL was to football. 

I think the PGA put on a pretty good show at Riviera, and I think I'll get by without much Martin Kaymer in my life.

You can't throw out that last line without rewriting the lyrics to Mambo #5....

• Haha 2

Early on moving day we have Cam Young with seven birdies through eleven holes.  :notworthy:

How painfully strange was it watching Ramey, with the lead at -9 at the time, send two rolling over and off the 17th green and into the pond?  The first was understandable due to adrenaline, but the second?  :blink: