Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

4 minutes ago, goose said:

Beautiful!

Though I am concerned about the PGA's lost marketability from Koepka's departure.

Which one?

:biggrin:

• Like 1

Eeeeek. Watching Tiger practice at St Andrews, he`s not walking well. Limping, actually. 

It`s the flattest (except for natural undulations) course he`ll ever play though, and the sun`s been baking down here for a week and more to come, so most of the greens should be reachable with a putter. :cool:

• Like 1

We could do with rain up here as there`s hardly been any since April, but then the last thing St Andrews needs is for the greens to become receptive. DeChambeau`s prophecy of Par 63 or so would be generous if that happens.

However, if it could really hose down Monday, that`d be great as my water comes from a spring.

1 hour ago, goose said:

I am stuck in swim meet hell, so I am stuck watching highlights later today.

Some good stuff to catch up on and real strength on the leaderboard. Hoping for a "Duel in the Sun"-style Sunday afternoon, between - maybe - Johnson and McIIroy. LIV vs. PGA.

• Like 1

Aussie Joe Dirt making an early move going -2 five holes in.  Hovland 3-jacks the 4th then puts his drive in the deep stuff on hole 5.  Roy holding steady with some very friendly breaks from St Andrews

16 hours ago, goose said:

Two guys at -16 after day 3.  Can we really call this a "major"?

Lol

I`ve had just about enough of your bashing of the Home of Golf! :wagfinger:

• Haha 1

Nice to see half a dozen competent players within reach, technically. Probably going to require Rory to fall back a couple of shots, but that can be done incredibly quickly even though it all looks calm right now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Nice to see half a dozen competent players within reach, technically. Probably going to require Rory to fall back a couple of shots, but that can be done incredibly quickly even though it all looks calm right now.

He keeps doing what he needs to do,  giving himself easy second putts.  But Smith is also doing his job, making the tough ones.  He's just a McElroy bounce into a bunker out of the lead

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goose said:

He keeps doing what he needs to do,  giving himself easy second putts.  But Smith is also doing his job, making the tough ones.  He's just a McElroy bounce into a bunker out of the lead

I`ll grant you that edging toward -20 is not ideal though. I`m about an hour from St Andrews and not only is it very still today, if I mow the lawn I get a faceful of dry brown cloud!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

-7 for 14, 5 birdies in a row... Rory has the Par 5 now and the time to hole a long putt is right now.

Just missed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Just missed

Don`t see Smith messing up any of the last three, do you? I guess 17 can go wrong but he`s looking pretty assured. Rory might find himself needing to eagle 18. 

3 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Don`t see Smith messing up any of the last three, do you? I guess 17 can go wrong but he`s looking pretty assured. Rory might find himself needing to eagle 18. 

Still a few bunkers out there that could cost either one a stroke, and the long stuff if they misfire a drive...

I've actually enjoyed them having good weather , as it's been more about each golfer's skill and decision making rather than the high degree of luck that's often a part of playing in a storm

• Like 1

Hovland cannot get a break with the putter.  And Young has been right there on so many greens, doing everything but get it in the hole.  Still a bit of hope for him, though.

4 minutes ago, goose said:

I've actually enjoyed them having good weather , as it's been more about each golfer's skill and decision making rather than the high degree of luck that's often a part of playing in a storm

Yes, I can remember Tiger shooting 81 in 2002 and it didn`t really test much apart from ability to keep your glove dryish and prevent your umbrella from blowing inside out.

Smith could be ruing his aggressive shot at 17. Why not go to the right of the bunker and guarantee 4?!!