Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Just now, laughedatbytime said:

Worst choke, Norman, Vande Velde, or Pereira?

Norman was partly strangled by Faldo... the other two offed themselves. Pereira at least kept his socks on.

6 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

I'd like to put in a good word for Bobby Clampett as well.

What did he do, put one in the cement pond?

15 minutes ago, goose said:

Maybe hit three wood next time...

Not swinging like Charles Barkley might have helped too...

The gallery should be given muzzled when they're admitted to the grounds.

Ice cold from Justin.  

I still can`t see how Zalatoris hits the ball every time with that putting backswing. It`s as though he has magnets repelling it away from his body.

JT wins with stellar play in the playoff despite fine play by Zalatoris.

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

JT wins with stellar play in the playoff despite fine play by Zalatoris.

Yes, it was a great final.  I like the aggregate model better than sudden death.

JT's emotions upon winning were nice to see.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 6:48 PM, laughedatbytime said:

Worst choke, Norman, Vande Velde, or Pereira?

I would vote Vande Velde over Norman. VV's was  the last hole of a majorI.   He at least had a sense of humor about it  though. He needed either a 6 or a 7 to win and joked afterward that he should have been able to do that with just a putter.  The following year he went back to the same hole just for fun and did it.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

PGA drops the hammer on the players playing in the LIV tour.  Not quite sure if I want to cheer them on or if I think they're foolish. Rory McIlroy made a good point. The arabs will lose interest eventually and then where will they be?

Speaking of Rory, he is tearing up the course today.  He shot a 31 on the front and nearly hole out a pitch for eagle on hole 10.   Birdie there and on 11 means seven birdies in eleven holes on the day.  Not too shabby.

He's got company, as Justin Rose is -11 on the day thru 15 holes, now tied for second with Justin Thomas who is -6 on the day.

Wow!

10 minutes ago, goose said:

Speaking of Rory, he is tearing up the course today.  He shot a 31 on the front and nearly hole out a pitch for eagle on hole 10.   Birdie there and on 11 means seven birdies in eleven holes on the day.  Not too shabby.

He's got company, as Justin Rose is -11 on the day thru 15 holes, now tied for second with Justin Thomas who is -6 on the day.

Wow!

And Rory holes a ridiculously long put on 12!!!

Watching early rounds with McElroy,  Schauffle Matsuyama, and the course set up is a real test so far.  Punishing rough is forcing lots of layups to blind approaches, leading to bogies.  I like seeing the pros have to grind

• Like 1

It's weird having it so close to home. Relatively speaking.. I'm an hour away whereas it's in Rick's backyard pretty much. One of my church friends is a volunteer and 2 of my morning group are actually there at it. He sent a selfie during a practice round of himself with Jon Rahm and Phil Mickelson right over his shoulder.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I heard Phil is participating this weekend. True?

He’s sporting a 2022 Player Badge, so it’s probably true.  

He’s stated that he intends to play the British Open as well as the rest of the LIV tournaments.  

3 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I heard Phil is participating this weekend. True?

The guys from USGA explained very well why they admitted all the LIV players.  The spokesperson handled the bating "What about 9/11 families?" question excellently too.