Meaningful Quotations

x1yyz

I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.

Dear

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

These two are golden. I will remember these next time I am relapsing into a strong case of depression.

:yes: If nothing else...so that we remember the temporary nature of sadness, and our ability to influence it...if not eliminate it.
  • Like 1

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

-- Albert Einstein

• Like 2

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers......but they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.

-- Carl Sagan

• Like 1

business ... you can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want ... zig ziglar

life .. the world is a classroom and love is the lesson ... ???

funny ... Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time ... tommy boy

"Youth is wasted on the young"

- George Bernard Shaw

I hope I die before I get old.

-- Pete Townshend

I am nothing special, of this I am sure.

I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life.

There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough." (Nicholas Sparks)

• Like 4

" "Each one of us has our own sorrows, Princess," he said. "It's no shame to take them to heart. The only sin is to forget that other folk have theirs, too--or to let pity for yourself slow your hand when someone needs help."

Isgrimnur, Miriamele was reminded, was more than just a gruff old soldier. "

- Tad Williams (To Green Angel Tower)

Another quote that stood out from the same book:

"We tell lies when we are afraid...afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger."

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

-- Steven Wright

It doesn't matter what temperature a room is. It's always room temperature.

• Like 1

"Modernity is the transitory, the fugitive, the contingent, which make up one half of art, the other being the eternal and the immutable. This transitory fugitive element, which is constantly changing, must not be despised or neglected"

Charles Baudelaire.

• Like 1

Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. (from the movie "Meet Joe Black")
  • Like 2

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."

Martin Luther King

Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. (from the movie "Meet Joe Black")

Not only are these both good quotes, in one sense they both fit together.

• Like 1

Chris "Oz" Ostreicher:

You ask them questions, and listen to what they have to say and shit.

Steve Stifler:

I dunno, man, that sounds like a lot of work.

--American Pie
Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -bathroom graffiti
  • Like 1