Haken! OS version 4.01

LittleRushmonkey

I've just given it a first spin - very impressed but not sure that it beats The Mountain. However, the tracks that Made the biggest impression were 'Initiate' and 'The Endless Knot' which are the 2 tracks that I had heard previously so I'm guessing that this album will be a grower.
  • Like 3

I've just given it a first spin - very impressed but not sure that it beats The Mountain. However, the tracks that Made the biggest impression were 'Initiate' and 'The Endless Knot' which are the 2 tracks that I had heard previously so I'm guessing that this album will be a grower.

It is - it's getting better and better each time - and I loved it the first time!

• Like 1

I had never listened to Haken before but I have been curious since seeing all the excitement about Affinity. I have been listening to a few tracks on YouTube and that was enough to convince me to order the album. I am liking what I hear so far and can't wait to hear the whole thing. I go the deluxe version.
  • Like 3

It's absolutely amazing! The Architect, The Endless Knot and 1985 are my favourites so far. I've only listened on Spotify so far but I'll either be buying the deluxe edition or the vinyl when I can afford them :D . I'm not sure if it beats the Mountain either yet but it sure is awesome!
  • Like 1

I had never listened to Haken before but I have been curious since seeing all the excitement about Affinity. I have been listening to a few tracks on YouTube and that was enough to convince me to order the album. I am liking what I hear so far and can't wait to hear the whole thing. I go the deluxe version.

You're in for a treat ;)

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it beats the Mountain either yet but it sure is awesome!

For me, it does. Fine margins - it just feels a little more cohesive to me. Maybe it's the thrill of the new. But I love that each album has a very different feel to it. Plus it's stopped listening to Crystallised continuously :LOL:

I'm not sure if it beats the Mountain either yet but it sure is awesome!

For me, it does. Fine margins - it just feels a little more cohesive to me. Maybe it's the thrill of the new. But I love that each album has a very different feel to it. Plus it's stopped listening to Crystallised continuously :LOL:

I don't know yet. Maybe when I buy it and can listen to it at good quality it might.

I know what you mean about Crystallised. After I saw them live when they were supporting Between The Buried And Me they finished with Crystallised and I couldn't stop signing it for months.

As a web developer and webdesigner I love their website :D

The V4.0 was brilliant. It had a password which you could figure out from the posts on their Facebook page :D

http://hakenmusic.com/haken-os-console

I have an Interface Design teacher who I think will love this

• Like 1

You're in for a treat ;)

It is supposed to be delivered Monday. I wish it had Autorip so I could hear it now but I guess I will survive. ;)

I go the deluxe version.

Me too - although I haven't listened to the instrumental versions yet.

At the moment I'm finding Red Giant hypnotic. Can't stop listening to it.

I will probably listen to disc one first and spend some time with it and then move on to the instrumentals. It's a lot of music to take in. Not like that's a bad thing though. :D

• Like 1

Its kind of cool mix of Technical stuff, some interlocking Crimson guitar, fusion-y is spots and straight up prog metal. Its not as raucous as say early mastodon but the vox kind of remind me of them. Dude has a very smooth voice.

For me a lot of this is if I connect with the singer on some level, as opposed to, say Ghost. More like Rush, actually. ;)

• Like 1

I go the deluxe version.

Me too - although I haven't listened to the instrumental versions yet.

At the moment I'm finding Red Giant hypnotic. Can't stop listening to it.

I will probably listen to disc one first and spend some time with it and then move on to the instrumentals. It's a lot of music to take in. Not like that's a bad thing though. :D

Same here. I'll probably get to the instrumentals after the gig later this month :)

• Like 1

Just my copy of Affinity today! It's so good and I'm already on my second listen :D

13133344_689634411199329_3585761319900355549_n.jpg?oh=658cb18069334f59fed76462609eecca&oe=57B1CA41

I should've gotten a physical copy, but I couldn't force myself to wait! I love this album more than words can express. Lapse and Earthrise are so inexplicably good. Not even to mention the Architect.... and the Leprous lead singer's vocals near the end! Ugh, I can't contain myself.

Just my copy of Affinity today! It's so good and I'm already on my second listen :D

13133344_689634411199329_3585761319900355549_n.jpg?oh=658cb18069334f59fed76462609eecca&oe=57B1CA41

I should've gotten a physical copy, but I couldn't force myself to wait! I love this album more than words can express. Lapse and Earthrise are so inexplicably good. Not even to mention the Architect.... and the Leprous lead singer's vocals near the end! Ugh, I can't contain myself.

I know! I don't think there's a bad song on it. Einar was certainly great :D

• Like 1