Harry Potter 8 - New Novel this July

alphseeker

I honestly don't think she actually WROTE this play. it was an idea in her head. but she didn't write this.

i just finished it. what a laughably bad fanfic, lol

Mick

Oh she didn't.

In fact I wonder if her idea was simpler than this...

This is disgustingly bad fanfic. I half expected a musical interlude with mouse acrobats and a can can number.

• Like 1

I don't know why she hasn't written about Harry's years of being an Auror. I think that would be

much more interesting than the adventures of his kid. But then it wouldn't be a children's book.

She had a chance to do that with this play.

She botched it.

Starting to think now she is lazily cashing in on her brand. Her seven books remain perfection in their field. But...oh dear.

Some of the short stories she has published on Pottermore, particularly about her new American school, hado so much potential to expand her world, maybe even top HP. But she instead kept them short and had someone else write a limp play about...nothing much...even though so much happen's.

A novel just about the life of Professor McGonnagal would not have gone unappreciated either. Her biography of her was very touching.

As was her back story for Petunia Dursley, Remus Lupin, Voldemort and The Marauders.

SHE HAS SO MUCH TO EXPAND ON WHY THE HE'LL IS SHE NOT GIVING US THAT!!

I agree completely. She could have kept this all going easily by writing back stories to the main characters.

She is failing to fulfill her potential.

She could never reinvent the wheel like Tolkien. But she has her own world which could be expanded...potentially forever, anywhere.

This play is a travesty. Seriously, how she approved it is beyond me.

I actually judge her badly for it.

as you should.

this never happened to me. i have my 7. and i actually could read good fanfiction online, lol

Seriously non pro fan fic authors do much better jobs.

Mick

I don't know why she hasn't written about Harry's years of being an Auror. I think that would be

much more interesting than the adventures of his kid. But then it wouldn't be a children's book.

She botched it.

Starting to think now she is lazily cashing in on her brand. Her seven books remain perfection in their field. But...oh dear.

Some of the short stories she has published on Pottermore, particularly about her new American school, hado so much potential to expand her world, maybe even top HP. But she instead kept them short and had someone else write a limp play about...nothing much...even though so much happen's.

A novel just about the life of Professor McGonnagal would not have gone unappreciated either. Her biography of her was very touching.

As was her back story for Petunia Dursley, Remus Lupin, Voldemort and The Marauders.

I agree completely. She could have kept this all going easily by writing back stories to the main characters.

She could never reinvent the wheel like Tolkien. But she has her own world which could be expanded...potentially forever, anywhere.

as you should.

this never happened to me. i have my 7. and i actually could read good fanfiction online, lol

Mick

I think at least she isn't truly to blame.

Had this been her own writing...I'd be fuming. But to an extent it isn't the worst idea to see where other writers in different mediums could take this world.

But this was a bad start.

• Like 1

She botched it.

as you should.

Mick

Had this been her own writing...I'd be fuming. But to an extent it isn't the worst idea to see where other writers in different mediums could take this world.

There are plenty of writers who can't write themselves out of a box except for one idea. Maybe the well has run dry?

• Like 1

i wonder if it'll kill an expended universe........i mean outside the internet. cause if done right it coud be a blast.

i've also desperatly wanted a lily/James series for years. you know their story going up to their deaths.

Mick

i wonder if it'll kill an expended universe........i mean outside the internet. cause if done right it coud be a blast.

i've also desperatly wanted a lily/James series for years. you know their story going up to their deaths.

Mick

Yeah we've only seen snippets of their lives in flashback. Could be really good if done well.

• Like 1

She botched it.

as you should.

Mick

There are plenty of writers who can't write themselves out of a box except for one idea. Maybe the well has run dry?

Not sure. Her short stories regarding the same world in America are wonderful. And should have been novelised!

The entire concept of Fantastic Beasts is terrific.

And she has announced the story of Harry Potter ended with this play. It appears she wants to focus on other aspects of this world.

Not sure why she agreed to this play but so far reviews have been good. Maybe the charm is in the casting?

But...I am certain she has another good story in this world left. Again, her movie looks outstanding, and the cast have said they adored the script so...maybe this new proposed trilogy is where she has out her efforts in.

Good on her! I actually think it could be the best film set in this world...she wrote the script without being tied down by outside source material.

Mick

Yeah we've only seen snippets of their lives in flashback. Could be really good if done well.

Marauders, plus the Snape/Lily/James love triangle...and the Pettigrew betrayal.

Seriously...she could write this story from a more adult perspective and push her world beyond the realms of teen fiction (which arguably she did with the last four Potter books anyway).

I'd love to see her American school short story expanded. Something really beautiful about that story. It would have made a great novel. And visually it felt very cinematic

• Like 1

Mick

Marauders, plus the Snape/Lily/James love triangle...and the Pettigrew betrayal.

Seriously...she could write this story from a more adult perspective and push her world beyond the realms of teen fiction (which arguably she did with the last four Potter books anyway).

I'd love to see her American school short story expanded. Something really beautiful about that story. It would have made a great novel. And visually it felt very cinematic

She'd have to clean up her writing for straight adult fiction. I think she does better with the juvenile stories.

Mick

See you just made my mouth water with your description of a prequel series.

For a time i was more interested in that then Harry, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

She'd have to clean up her writing for straight adult fiction. I think she does better with the juvenile stories.

Not gonna lie...I've read some dreadful big selling adult authors...

She would be fine. No Ian McEwan or Cormac McCarthy, but better than Robert Jordan or Ken Follett.

And her stories override any annoying traits in her writing.

Mick

Mick

Snape and Lily is the biggest "what if?" in any fiction I have ever read.

I'd honestly love to see that side of Snape. And Lily...she chose the predictable choice but did she ever regret it? She must have on some level...Snape's love ran too deep and it's obvious it was never totally unrequited.

And James Potter was a douchebag. I love the fact Harry was given the chance to see that his father was not the great guy every told him he was.

A reminder that so many faults are overlooked after death.

Harry got to see his dad for who he truly was, and still he loved him. And yet he also got to see Snape...

Now I want more of all that!

And Pettigrew...that idiot...I think he'd make a great Judas character in a new series. Yes we know what happens I just want the details!

And also...Voldemort in his prime...DAMMIT I STILL FEEL WE NEVER QUITE GOT TO GRIPS WITH HIS POWER IN THE SERIES.

CAPITALS!!!!

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I'd honestly love to see that side of Snape. And Lily...she chose the predictable choice but did she ever regret it? She must have on some level...Snape's love ran too deep and it's obvious it was never totally unrequited.

And James Potter was a douchebag. I love the fact Harry was given the chance to see that his father was not the great guy every told him he was.

Harry got to see his dad for who he truly was, and still he loved him. And yet he also got to see Snape...

And Pettigrew...that idiot...I think he'd make a great Judas character in a new series. Yes we know what happens I just want the details!

And also...Voldemort in his prime...DAMMIT I STILL FEEL WE NEVER QUITE GOT TO GRIPS WITH HIS POWER IN THE SERIES.

CAPITALS!!!!

We don't know jame's FULL character. but what has been said in the series and written in fanfics already makes me not like him.

but lily saw something in him so i'd love to see that side of him too

and lily and Snape scenes oh my that would be great.

and peter being broken down till he betrays his friends.....wow.

Mick

I'd also love more about Neville Longbottom's parents. Neville was such an amazingly important character and he was given such a tragic back story, every bit as sad as Harry's...yes that'd be great.

Mick

Mick

CAPITALS!!!!

We don't know jame's FULL character. but what has been said in the series and written in fanfics already makes me not like him.

but lily saw something in him so i'd love to see that side of him too

and lily and Snape scenes oh my that would be great.

and peter being broken down till he betrays his friends.....wow.

Mick

Flip sake she is such a cow not giving us all these things...

But so glad we know the old wench who pushes the food trolley on the Hogwarts Express is an inspector gadget style stretch Armstrong banshee terminator Mrs Trunchbull-esque do gooder.

• Like 1

Or that Diggory needs to win that tourment. cause if he doesn't die he's apparently so insecure that he will do a 180 into mr evil, lol

Mick

I want to throat punch Rowling for letting that happen.

Oh and just remember...it doesn't matter that she is the greatest witch of her generation...without Ron, Hermione is only fit to be a school teacher.

OH MY DAYS BURN JACK THORNE I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM!!

And Ron grows up to become...essentially Fred Weasley? Minus the charisma?

Oh and Ginny grows up to outgrow being interesting book Ginny into the insufferable and blander than bland movie Ginny minus everything that made the movie Ginny slightly interesting. Let that sink in.

Oh and Dumbledore and Harry likely would have developed a gay relationship if that conversation with the painting is anything to go by...

Honestly...

• Like 1

Or that Diggory needs to win that tourment. cause if he doesn't die he's apparently so insecure that he will do a 180 into mr evil, lol

Mick

Oh and just remember...it doesn't matter that she is the greatest witch of her generation...without Ron, Hermione is only fit to be a school teacher.

Oh and Ginny grows up to outgrow being interesting book Ginny into the insufferable and blander than bland movie Ginny minus everything that made the movie Ginny slightly interesting. Let that sink in.

Oh and Dumbledore and Harry likely would have developed a gay relationship if that conversation with the painting is anything to go by...

Honestly...

to be honest.....and you know this....but i was team harry/Hermione all the way.

i love Ron/hermione as friends. a couple......ew.

Harry/Hermione 4 life. they belong, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Honestly...

to be honest.....and you know this....but i was team harry/Hermione all the way.

Mick

I love them as a couple!

I still think Harry and Cho were sweet. Let her get better control of her emotions after the shock of Diggory passing...they were good.

I always felt she was badly judged by others and they'd make a cute couple. Actually I adore book Ginny so I was so happy they worked out.

Ron/Hermione were awesome!!

• Like 1

I never saw anything between Harry and Hermione. He never really seemed to ever see anything romantic in her. And she saw him as a friend, someone to care for not be cared for by.

Mick

Honestly...

Mick

I love them as a couple!

I still think Harry and Cho were sweet. Let her get better control of her emotions after the shock of Diggory passing...they were good.

I always felt she was badly judged by others and they'd make a cute couple. Actually I adore book Ginny so I was so happy they worked out.

i dunno i just thought Harry/hermione was like lily/james might have been.

and after reading some fanfics i'm like CEMENTED on that couple, lol

Ron's to much of an insensitive t**t towards her at times.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Honestly...

Mick

I love them as a couple!

Mick

I will be honest here...I still think there was NO NEED for these characters to be shipped off.

How many people meet their forever partner in school? And...it often felt forced.

They could all have met someone else and I'd have found that more believable.

Ron and Millicent Bulstrode would have been a...sexy pairing...hahaha

• Like 1

Mick

Honestly...

Mick

I love them as a couple!

Mick

I will be honest here...I still think there was NO NEED for these characters to be shipped off.

How many people meet their forever partner in school? And...it often felt forced.

They could all have met someone else and I'd have found that more believable.

Ron and Millicent Bulstrode would have been a...sexy pairing...hahaha

i think the shipping is a human thing.....i'm gulity of it with MANY characters. lol

people just want to have 2 characters they can root for you know?

Mick

• Like 1

Madam Pomfrey and Professor Flitwick...

Hehe hehe she could cure his height problem lolololol