Pick 'em- Judas Priest or AC/DC?

Blue J

I've been on a major Priest binge lately, and this is a band that I'd never really given a shot before the past year or so. I can't get enough of them right now, and I can't believe it took me this long!

Then also...existing in the same era with them is AC/DC. I like some of their material, but they're another band that I've never really gotten excited about. But I don't know if I might experience a similar kick if I explored all of their catalog, too.

Both bands have been the source of copious great guitar riffs, and both bands have written some awfully silly and contrived lyrics (though they seem much more contrived now than they were perceived to be back in the early 1980s, for example).

Which do you prefer?

I find AC/DC is fun for an occasional spin, but Priest are much more frequently in rotation in my CD player, especially Sad Wings of Destiny
  • Like 4

Judas Priest

Never could get into AC/DC, but I haven't really given them a strong shot.

Can't separate them. Funny, in the car today my kids asked me whether I preferred AC/DC or Saxon. Again, couldn't separate them. Love them all so much. In that particular pantheon I only rate Maiden higher. Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

To be fair, they´re not exactly easy to compare...two different beasts. It´s like comparing pop corn and wine. There´s a time and place for both!

Interesting...which one is popcorn, and which one is wine? And why?

• Like 1

To be fair, they´re not exactly easy to compare...two different beasts. It´s like comparing pop corn and wine. There´s a time and place for both!

It was just a stupid metaphor...the first one that came to mind. No relation between the two items and the bands. Not that I know of, anyway!

• Like 1

It was just a stupid metaphor...the first one that came to mind. No relation between the two items and the bands. Not that I know of, anyway!

Haha...okay. :cheers:

It's still interesting to me, though, because I started this thread talking about the similarities that I see between the two bands.

Along your line of thinking, though, I think this analogy applies very well:

AC/DC = denim

Judas Priest = leather

:)

• Like 1

I love Back In Black and earlier AC/DC. Whole Lot Of Rosie and Sin City are two of my all time favorite songs.

I've never gotten into Priest, and I've tried. I don't know what it is. I just can't warm up to them. :(

I've had a similar experience with Iron Maiden that Blue J had with JP. I was never a big metal fan until about 10 years ago, and recently, I've really fallen in love Maiden. :haz:

AC/DC, for sure. Especially Bon era, and the first four Brian efforts.

Now I want to listen to Flick of the Switch... join me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6mQgUWuyw8

Killer album, no matter what the Brian bashers say!

• Like 1

ILS- I was the same with Priest as you were with Maiden!

I've loved Maiden since the '80s...knew a lot of people who loved both of them, but I never, ever got into Judas Priest until a year ago, or a little more.