"Just a Cleric", my new action RPG

Del_Duio

Hello guys!

Good news to report as my latest game is finished and will be released soon. This one follows the tale of an unwilling cleric on his quest for revenge after something runs afoul with his team in the forest. The soundtrack is done by The Booger Myers Band (my side project) and features all "real" musical instruments and etc. this time around.

I'm currently researching on how to get it up on Steam.

Here's a small trailer I've just made today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRvC-O9A8IM&feature=youtu.be

• Like 4

Thank you, I will!

I haven't played D&D in a looooooooooooooong while. I'm still on 2nd edition rules, if that's any indication.

Lower AC is better, THAC0, saving throws, and all that.

• Like 1

Nice! To be honest, it's kinda badass that you're able to program some games to share with world. I played the little Rush tribute game you made and got a couple chuckles out of that beautiful opening sequence, but had other obligations before I could finish it. Not sure when I'll be able to try out your latest gem since my laptop (which was crappy from the start, by the way) needs a bit of repair, but I'll keep it in mind for when opportunity strikes!
  • Like 1

Hmmm, I guess you can't edit an old post so I gotta' make this new one haha.

This is "El Extendo", probably what I SHOULD have put up first on Youtube but I WAS TOO EXCITE.

http://youtu.be/YHZ7dRq9O2U

Edited by Del_Duio

Well I bit the bullet and am giving Steam Greenlight a shot:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=629999758

If any of you guys have Steam and thinks this looks cool I would really apreciate an upvote for this. Every little bit of help counts :)

And thanks!!

• Like 1

Sorry in advance for the cut / paste job, but I have been typing literally all friggin' morning about this thing lol.

Okay, the demo is now ready if any of you would like to try it. It's a short 5 mission deal, and not very hard as those missions come later. If anything else, you will be able to get an idea on how it plays even in this limited fashion. Please keep an eye on your weapon of choice's attack influence to see which of your main stats you'll need to raise to start doing decent damage.

I would suggest checking out the read me included in the download for all the rules and etc. too. You can play it with your keyboard but I think it's more fun with a joystick.

You can get the demo from my DXF Games website or from this link here:

http://dxfgames.com/JACD.zip

And voting to get the game approved on Steam can be done on JAC's page here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=629999758

Note: It's quite possible you'll get something cool out of even the beginning chests, as the loot pool goes up to and includes some silver-tier stuff, just rarely.

Hint: Disease reduces your STR an FAI, Curse reduces your LUCK and makes your weapon swing slower. Healing Touch heals your HP and will also cure these ailments though they'll also wear off on their own after a short time.

Thank you

Hi again!

Updated the demo a bit and also made this new video for Greenlight.

Thank you!

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

The first official review is in, done by people I don't know and who aren't my grandma this time!

• Like 2

Thanks, guys! Up to 460 yes votes currently!

I think at the big 500 Valve will have to seriously think about passing it through.

That's the theory at least!

The game was Greenlit late last Wednesday night with a total of 461 yes votes.

With it being approx. #350 out of 2200 titles, I think one of the judges took a special interest in it or something (not like I'm going to complain!)

Thanks to anybody here who helped vote it through or spread the word around!

(cheesy speech / on)

"It's been many days, many unwanted flyers all over your local Starbucks' creamer area.."

"Many music videos of me in my basement or in front of a greenscreen singing stupid songs.."

"But we.. WE THE PEOPLE (oh but I DID!).. can make our dreams going on 30 years come true!"

"That will help enforce the notion that with a decent product and a lot of hard work you can make it happen if you try!"

"On THIS... our INDEPENDENCE DAY!"

"And they will curse themselves and hide in shame.. on this, SAINT CHRISPEN'S DAY!"

"And they can take our lives, but they'll never take.. OUR FREEDOM!!"

"And the worst part of it is... *sob sob*.. Is that I NEVER LEARNED TO READ!!"

(cheesy speech /off)

I'm now in the process of the Steamworks side of things, preparing it for distribution on the service. It is a LOT more involved than I originally thought so I can't even give an estimate on when this'll be available to the public there however I've been working on it dilligently each day since it was accepted so I hope it won't take too long!

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

It's finally going to be out! Next week on Thursday, May 19th at 12EST it will be available on a real deal storefront woo hoo!

Pricing is $4.99, but I set it to have a release special of 20% off for that first week. Or at least that's what I THINK I set it to :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/467330/