I'm have some early RUSH live stuff playing and listening to it now I find it amazing that Peart ever joined this band!

treeduck

His future band mates describe his arrival that day as somewhat humorous, as he arrived in shorts, driving a battered old Ford Pinto with his drums stored in trashcans. Peart felt the entire audition was a complete disaster. While Lee and Peart hit it off on a personal level (both sharing similar tastes in books and music), Lifeson had a less favourable impression of Peart. After some discussion, Lee and Lifeson accepted Peart's maniacal British style of drumming, reminiscent of The Who's Keith Moon.

Neil was into Keith Moon, Alex into Jimmy Page and Geddy was Janis Joplin playing John Entwistle

Growing up sucks

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 7

His future band mates describe his arrival that day as somewhat humorous, as he arrived in shorts, driving a battered old Ford Pinto with his drums stored in trashcans. Peart felt the entire audition was a complete disaster. While Lee and Peart hit it off on a personal level (both sharing similar tastes in books and music), Lifeson had a less favourable impression of Peart. After some discussion, Lee and Lifeson accepted Peart's maniacal British style of drumming, reminiscent of The Who's Keith Moon.

Neil was into Keith Moon, Alex into Jimmy Page and Geddy was Janis Joplin playing John Entwistle

Growing up sucks

I wonder, if asked, what he'd say about Keith Moon today?

Neil was METAL in 1973, too

and then idk what happened, I need an adult to explain this to me.

You are in the wrong forum.

I would think that would have been evident to her when no one stepped up to the plate.

;)

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/i-need-an-adult.jpg

• Like 7

Growing up sucks

I wonder, if asked, what he'd say about Keith Moon today?

I don't think there's any doubt he still loves Moon...his set up on R30 &R40 was designed as a Moon tribute...and ElDarko has a trigger pad with the Who bullseye pattern....he still remembers his influences...

• Like 6

Neil was METAL in 1973, too

and then idk what happened, I need an adult to explain this to me.

You are in the wrong forum.

I would think that would have been evident to her when no one stepped up to the plate.

;)

.. or reading over that Bubbagram thread

• Like 3

Can you imagine today's Neil joining a band like the 1974 era RUSH? He'd hold his nose and run out the door!

Alex and Geddy probably would too....

blah, blah blah blah blah ... blah blah blah

Seriously, Alex was a bona fide guitar hero back then ..

• Like 1