Caress of Steel

prolix

First time I played CoS I had just blindly put the disc in the player and gave it a listen.

I had problems with Geddy's voice for ages and I used to struggle with the lyrics.

You cannot imagine how much I laughed at the awesome chorus to "I Think I'm Growing Balls".

I was bitterly disappointed to stand corrected but I do still love that song.

I always had a thing for that song. Your misinterpretation is better than the original. You just know that that's all I'll be hearing when I listen to it from this point onward.

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 2

First time I played CoS I had just blindly put the disc in the player and gave it a listen.

I had problems with Geddy's voice for ages and I used to struggle with the lyrics.

You cannot imagine how much I laughed at the awesome chorus to "I Think I'm Growing Balls".

I always had a think for that song. Your misinterpretation is better than the original. You just know that that's all I'll be hearing when I listen to it from this point onwards.

"at most a few more hairs,

I think I, I think I'm growing balls"

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

I always had a think for that song. Your misinterpretation is better than the original. You just know that that's all I'll be hearing when I listen to it from this point onwards.

"at most a few more hairs,

I think I, I think I'm growing balls"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Like 1

Better than the debut, FBN, 2112, and everything post Moving Pictures. One of the most underrated albums ever by any band. 'nuff said
  • Like 4

Better than the debut, FBN, 2112, and everything post Moving Pictures. One of the most underrated albums ever by any band. 'nuff said

I am starting to wonder of COS is my second favourite Rush album.

This is nearly identical to my own view except I prefer 2112 to CoS.

With CoS, the main point of contention seems to be TFoL which starts off slow, and I guess you need to be in the right frame of mind, willing to settle back and surrendering to this musical journey that might or might not be fulfilling.

Whereas, I find, the other full-side-length tracks 2112 and Hemispheres pull you in from the opening moments and just never let go; you’re either pumping with adrenaline or tingling with goosebumps from beginning to end.

Edited by Northerner

Caress of Steel is a beautiful, nuanced, innocent rock record. And that's what the record explores - innocence slipping away, new adventures and charting the course on your own.

One of the greatest heavy rock albums of all time - lean, powerful, sincere, stoney…perfect. It's really not bloated or self involved at all, not more than any other solid rock record. It's just way different. Bastille Day and Lakeside Park are fantastic songs on their own.

Lamneth is a masterpiece too. No wonder they revisited COS with their final album.

Great post.

Would if it were actually true.

Caress of Steel is a beautiful, nuanced, innocent rock record. And that's what the record explores - innocence slipping away, new adventures and charting the course on your own.

One of the greatest heavy rock albums of all time - lean, powerful, sincere, stoney…perfect. It's really not bloated or self involved at all, not more than any other solid rock record. It's just way different. Bastille Day and Lakeside Park are fantastic songs on their own.

Lamneth is a masterpiece too. No wonder they revisited COS with their final album.

Great post.

Would if it were actually true.

It is true to many people and their taste whether you like it or not.

Edited by Segue Myles