Dreamline Vs. Middletown Dreams

prolix

Both solid songs with themes about living out your dreams. But the question is, which one do you prefer?

I pick Middletown Dreams.

Hey 2000!

Welcome To The Club!

It's funny that you posted this. You have great timing.

I've been playing my drums to "Power Windows" for the last two nights.

"Middletown Dreams" is one of my all time favorite songs so for me it destroys "Dreamline."

However, that being said I absolutely love "Dreamline" live. The extended Lifeson solo blows my fukking mind.

RUSH ON!

Dreamline by a mile for me. Middletown Dreams has always seemed disjointed to me and doesn't have as catchy of a musical hook. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

Love Middletown, but there is a reason it's on side 2 of PW. It's a good song but not a great one. Dreamline is one of my fav Rush songs period. I don't know if they have a song in their whole catalog that flows as well musically and lyrically. Dreamline all the way!!!
  • Like 1

Both solid songs with themes about living out your dreams. But the question is, which one do you prefer?

Welcome to TRF :-) - both great songs if i were to pick one i will go with dreamline

He must've made a heckuva post to bring you out of the dormant posting mode. Nice to read some

Welcome to TRF :-) - both great songs if i were to pick one i will go with dreamline

He must've made a heckuva post to bring you out of the dormant posting mode. Nice to read some

LOLOL i've been silent for too long my friend :-)

• Like 1

Hard to say...

I break the rules and I choose Bravado.

Hard to say...

I break the rules and I choose Bravado.

Some of Neil's greatest drumming. I remember reading an article in reference to the recording of that song in the studio. Even Alex had to watch Neil go off on that song. Even Alex was amazed.

Even though Dreamline is one of a couple of songs I like off RTB, I will have to go with Middletown Dreams. MD is one of my favorite 80s Rush tunes. Also, my friend kind of ruined Dreamline for my when it came out. Whenever the chorus came on he would sing "we're well hung" and to this day that is what I hear...