Did Alex learn to play guitar from Hendrix while in a coma??

comaquestion

Believe me, I know this sounds crazy. I have a coworker who swears that when he was in high school and college (late 70s/early 80s) it was common knowledge that Alex claimed to have learned to play guitar from Jimi Hendrix while he was in a coma. I've laughed at this many times but he still sticks to it. After doing some searching on the topic I've come up blank. Has anyone here ever heard of this rumor or is this guy the only one who has ever heard of it. Thanks for the help!!

Believe me, I know this sounds crazy. I have a coworker who swears that when he was in high school and college (late 70s/early 80s) it was common knowledge that Alex claimed to have learned to play guitar from Jimi Hendrix while he was in a coma. I've laughed at this many times but he still sticks to it. After doing some searching on the topic I've come up blank. Has anyone here ever heard of this rumor or is this guy the only one who has ever heard of it. Thanks for the help!!

Never heard that one and I was in HS in the late 70s/early 80s and a bona fide Rush fanboy.

I'm old enough to have heard the one about Rod Stewart ending up in the hospital because ... well ..... if you are old enough, you'll probably remember too

Like the Richard Gere rumor?

yes, I remember that one too

But Richard Gere's was the opposite end

lol

I'm old enough to have heard the one about Rod Stewart ending up in the hospital because ... well ..... if you are old enough, you'll probably remember too

lol

:LOL:

That just jarred my memory perhaps. Stomach pump?

• Like 1

lol

oh boy

yes ... stomach pump

Yes kids, there was a grapevine pre internet

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

lol

oh boy

yes ... stomach pump

Yes kids, there was a grapevine pre internet

I was a little LITTLE kid at the time but I remember one of my older bros explaining it to me. AFTER it was explained WHY a stomach pump was needed, I asked, "But WHY would he do that?"

Must've been tough to have been one of my older bros when I little. :LOL:

• Like 2

Was that the hamster or the stomach pump?

The variant I heard was that the source of the 17oz was a horse. Is that what you heard?

I`m in a coma now and learning what not to read,

Post of day!

I wonder who would play better.. Jimi in a coma or Lifeson in handcuffs..

'Jimi in a coma' .. band name right there!

Edited by MMCXII