Awful Covers Thread!

Super25Smasher

I really dislike Sheryl Crows cover of sweet child o mine ... She sings it well but she brings nothing new to the song ... Basically it sounds like a really good karaoke singer doing it
  • Like 3

Not a cover by a "professional" band by any means...but check out this cover of "Comfortably Numb". These guys must have just heard the song once, bought instruments, and thought "We got this..." :facepalm:

[media]https://www.youtube....pDNDuoJ0[/media]

Singer kinda looks like Gilmour. Any connection to Floyd ends there.

This is hilarious. So earnest!

• Like 2

I'm in a new Pink Floyd cover band! We are playing the entire "Final Cut" album all the way through!!

The name of my band is PINK FRAUD.

Which one's Pink?

• Like 1

The worst cover song that includes are member of the original band. The "Down by the Seaside" cover by Robert Plant and Tori Amos on the Led Zeppelin Encomium tribute.

To me, it's not a cover song if you just re-use the lyrics. There needs to be some essence of the original song retained in the cover version.

• Like 2

The worst cover song that includes are member of the original band. The "Down by the Seaside" cover by Robert Plant and Tori Amos on the Led Zeppelin Encomium tribute.

To me, it's not a cover song if you just re-use the lyrics. There needs to be some essence of the original song retained in the cover version.

99,999999% of Encomium is worth a mention in this thread!

• Like 3

99,999999% of Encomium is worth a mention in this thread!

Stone Temple Pilots version of "Dancing Days" makes that album worth the price of admission. There are a few real clunkers on that tribute though.

• Like 3

Not a cover but this is the first thing I thought of..

• Like 1

Almost everything on the Rush tribute album Red Star.

I have this album...awful indeed!

Holy hell, I just tried listening to it on youtube. Didn't get far.

• Like 1

U2's attempt at "All Along the Watchtower". Ugh.

And Helter Skelter.

Motley Crue does a good Helter Skelter cover.
  • Like 2

Most people here probably aren't familiar with the 1979 release. Starts slows but builds, a great song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EJ4wEtuRYU

From a Wire tribute album. So bad it makes my teeth hurt. I feel sorry for this guy's parents, they can only be thinking, "Where did we go wrong??"

This aside, I'm sure there's a pain-inducing cover by Yoko Ono out there; I just haven't dared look for fear I might find one.

Most people here probably aren't familiar with the 1979 release. Starts slows but builds, a great song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EJ4wEtuRYU

From a Wire tribute album. So bad it makes my teeth hurt. I feel sorry for this guy's parents, they can only be thinking, "Where did we go wrong??"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqByf68YbWk

This aside, I'm sure there's a pain-inducing cover by Yoko Ono out there; I just haven't dared look for fear I might find one.

Oh my God, that made my day!

• Like 1