Awful Covers Thread!

Super25Smasher

The worst cover song that includes are member of the original band. The "Down by the Seaside" cover by Robert Plant and Tori Amos on the Led Zeppelin Encomium tribute.

To me, it's not a cover song if you just re-use the lyrics. There needs to be some essence of the original song retained in the cover version.

99,999999% of Encomium is worth a mention in this thread!

Stone Temple Pilots version of "Dancing Days" makes that album worth the price of admission. There are a few real clunkers on that tribute though.

Like Sheryl Crow's awful remake of D'yer Mak'er.

And, yes, STP does a great cover. They even do a good cover of Andy Warhol by Bowie.

• Like 2

I'm intrigued that nobody mentioned Kanye's rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODIo-ckoprY

In his case, I don't think it was supposed to be an honest cover, but still, it fits.

If Freddie wasn't cremated he would be rolling in his grave after hearing that. Edited by KW84

Celine Dion rapes ACDC classic.

Oh no... :facepalm:

:laughing guy:

I'm laughing already and I haven't even looked at this yet! I for one am afraid...

Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

I really dislike Sheryl Crows cover of sweet child o mine ... She sings it well but she brings nothing new to the song ... Basically it sounds like a really good karaoke singer doing it

Just heard this again in Big Daddy.
  • Like 1

Sweet's New York Groove. They messed it up by putting that shitty Empire State of Mind song in the middle.

I really dislike Sheryl Crows cover of sweet child o mine ... She sings it well but she brings nothing new to the song ... Basically it sounds like a really good karaoke singer doing it

Just heard this again in Big Daddy.

Hey D'yer Maker is awful too.

• Like 1

Krokus did some great ones. But their cover of Sweet's Ballroom Blitz wasn't one of them.

I actually liked that one. Tia Carrere's cover is worse :finbar: .

Krokus did some great ones. But their cover of Sweet's Ballroom Blitz wasn't one of them.

I dont even count those. Its Purposefully awful becuase its supposed to be a fake band just for the music scenes from a movie

I dont even count those. Its Purposefully awful becuase its supposed to be a fake band just for the music scenes from a movie

Good point.
  • Like 1

I just don't like the feel of it. The original is so quirky, which makes it amazing. Krokus turned it into a mid 80s glam metal tune, which just didn't work for me.

I just don't like the feel of it. The original is so quirky, which makes it amazing. Krokus turned it into a mid 80s glam metal tune, which just didn't work for me.

Some of their other covers are great, though!
  • Like 1

Like this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=622EXCUDMPI

• Like 1

Like this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=622EXCUDMPI

Actually, all of their other covers, Stayed Awake All Night, School's Out and that one, are fantastic.

• Like 1