I Can't Watch No More Of This Movie!

Babycat

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - J. Depp.

Oh wow. I thought it was a respectable adaptation of the book...which rarely happens with flicks IMHO.

I Have rhe Criterion so i guess you could say I disagree

What does that mean?

Probably that he likes it since he bought the more expensive Criterion Collection version. Criterion always does a great job on the supplemental content so they're worth it.

• Like 2

Not counting those that I fell asleep in because they were boring? Hmm...

The Matrix part 1...first two attempts i fell asleep because I was bored stiff. Third try I just gave up because I was bored stiff.

Lord of the Rings part 3...kept walking in and out of the room while others watched. Especially the last thirty minutes was grueling. Had to walk out one last time and stay out.

Cry Baby starring Johnny Depp...absolute garbage by John Waters. It's the ONLY movie I've ever walked out of at the cinema.

There are tons more I'm sure but those 3 are the stand outs.

Cry Baby was a childhood favorite of mine. I saw that a lot on Showtime a lot back then as a kid. "That's Mr. Baby to you!" I "got" The Matrix on a 2nd viewing. I saw it in theaters in my senior year of high school but was confused.

Recently, I turned off a boring epic period piece on HBO Now. Remember Tai Pan? Neither did i.

Edited by invisible airwave

The Matrix part 1...first two attempts i fell asleep because I was bored stiff. Third try I just gave up because I was bored stiff.

Lord of the Rings part 3...kept walking in and out of the room while others watched. Especially the last thirty minutes was grueling. Had to walk out one last time and stay out.

Cry Baby starring Johnny Depp...absolute garbage by John Waters. It's the ONLY movie I've ever walked out of at the cinema.

Cry Baby was a childhood favorite of mine. I saw that a lot on Showtime a lot back then as a kid. "That's Mr. Baby to you!" I "got" The Matrix on a 2nd viewing. I saw it in theaters in my senior year of high school but was confused.

Actually on my third Matrix attempt, I fell asleep after giving up. I "get" Matrix in the same sense that I "get" watching the Fishing Channel.

Actually on my third Matrix attempt, I fell asleep after giving up. I "get" Matrix in the same sense that I "get" watching the Fishing Channel.

Yes but have you seen this fishing show??

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdLyt2EsQ0Q

I rented Ocean's 12 twice at Blockbuster video and I still couldn't get past 30 minutes. I loved the 1st Soderbergh one so much and all of what made that one so fun was gone. I hear 13 is an improvement, though.

Yeah, I enjoyed 11 and 13 but thought 12 was terrible.

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

The Fountain (hope to try it again)

Avatar (sat through it at the cinema, but mostly texted my girlfriend at the time)

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

Avatar (sat through it at the cinema, but mostly texted my girlfriend at the time)

Watchmen: liked it quite a bit.

Robocop remake: saw it all...it was garbage

Avatar: saw it all...almost fell asleep...it was predictable and like watching someone playing a stupid video game

• Like 1

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

Avatar: saw it all...almost fell asleep...it was predictable and like watching someone playing a stupid video game

I predicted my way through Avatar entirely because it reminded me of Disney's Pocahontas.

I turned to my friend and said jokingly "this happened in Pocahontas and they kissed under the tree". At that moment they kissed under the tree.

I knew the ending as well. I had avoided all spoilers.

Sorry, its garbage.

Plus it reminded me also of these films: Seen Dances With Wolves? Fern Gully? The Smurfs (lol)?

Same thing goes for Titanic, a film I actually love. But take away the spectacle, take away the budget, the big names, the effects, and what do you have?

Nothing.

I will always love James Cameron for his amazing work, but like all my favourite directors, I have no problem saying I hate some of his stuff. Avatar is his worst film.

And it is apparently the most successful film of all time, but I have never met anyone, in person or online, young or old, who is infatuated with the movie as many are Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter.

And as far as artistic movies and deep sci-fi, aside from die hard critics who swear its a masterpiece, no one has ever claimed it to be up their with the greats.

It's a puzzle to me, I know people who enjoy it, but after five years, or six or whatever, no one seems to care, an no one seems excited about a sequel either.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

I predicted my way through Avatar entirely because it reminded me of Disney's Pocahontas.

I turned to my friend and said jokingly "this happened in Pocahontas and they kissed under the tree". At that moment they kissed under the tree.

Sorry, its garbage.

Plus it reminded me also of these films: Seen Dances With Wolves? Fern Gully? The Smurfs (lol)?

Same thing goes for Titanic, a film I actually love. But take away the spectacle, take away the budget, the big names, the effects, and what do you have?

Nothing.

I will always love James Cameron for his amazing work, but like all my favourite directors, I have no problem saying I hate some of his stuff. Avatar is his worst film.

And it is apparently the most successful film of all time, but I have never met anyone, in person or online, young or old, who is infatuated with the movie as many are Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter.

And as far as artistic movies and deep sci-fi, aside from die hard critics who swear its a masterpiece, no one has ever claimed it to be up their with the greats.

It's a puzzle to me, I know people who enjoy it, but after five years, or six or whatever, no one seems to care, an no one seems excited about a sequel either.

I've seen 7 films directed by Cameron. I thought there were more. He's 5-2 with me. The 2 I didn't like: Avatar and Titanic.

Just for kicks...

My favorite director, Kubrick, is a perfect 10-0.

John Carpenter 9-0...though I don't love his flicks (except for maybe Escape from New York) like I do most of Kubrick's.

Spielberg 18-4.

Cameron Crowe 5-2.

• Like 1

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

Sorry, its garbage.

Nothing.

I've seen 7 films directed by Cameron. I thought there were more. He's 5-2 with me. The 2 I didn't like: Avatar and Titanic.

Just for kicks...

John Carpenter 9-0...though I don't love his flicks (except for maybe Escape from New York) like I do most of Kubrick's.

Spielberg 18-4.

Cameron Crowe 5-2.

I must try this!

I love Titanic, but I was seven or eight when I first saw it and it blew me away. When I watch it now, its obviously easy for me to spot the cheese, but I grew up with it! Now as for Aliens, Terminator, The Abyss...others too, I love them!

Spielberg? Well...all I can say is something for everyone. He directed my all time favourite movie, Schindler's List. But he also directed Hook. And...well...we remember his hits but when he misses the mark he really blows.

• Like 1

Cameron Crowe directed Jerry Maguire, a film I practically worship!

What else would you recommend?

Cameron Crowe directed Jerry Maguire, a film I practically worship!

What else would you recommend?

Yeah, Maguire is quality. But I like Almost Famous even more. Brilliant, touching, and damn funny! Philipp Seymour Hoffman!!!! The other 3 Crowe movies I liked: Say Anything, Singles, and Vanilla Sky. All VERY good flicks IMHO.

Although I had Carpenter with a perfect 9-0 record, I like Crowe's movies more...despite his 2 garbage movies of Elizabethtown and We Bought A Zoo.

• Like 1

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

Sorry, its garbage.

Nothing.

Just for kicks...

Spielberg 18-4.

Cameron Crowe 5-2.

I must try this!

I love Titanic, but I was seven or eight when I first saw it and it blew me away. When I watch it now, its obviously easy for me to spot the cheese, but I grew up with it! Now as for Aliens, Terminator, The Abyss...others too, I love them!

Spielberg? Well...all I can say is something for everyone. He directed my all time favourite movie, Schindler's List. But he also directed Hook. And...well...we remember his hits but when he misses the mark he really blows.

Yeah, the 18-4 record Spielberg got with me is crazy respectable. Pretty sure isn't another director who has directed more than 22 films I've seen. Will look for one.

• Like 1

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

Sorry, its garbage.

Nothing.

Just for kicks...

Spielberg 18-4.

Cameron Crowe 5-2.

I must try this!

Yeah, the 18-4 record Spielberg got with me is crazy respectable. Pretty sure isn't another director who has directed more than 22 films I've seen. Will look for one.

What are the misses for you?

I haven't seen all of Spielberg's movies, but these are the misses for me:

Hook

The Terminal (I like it for the Sunday afternoon TV drama it really is)

Munich

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

Sorry, its garbage.

Nothing.

Just for kicks...

Spielberg 18-4.

Cameron Crowe 5-2.

I must try this!

Hook

Munich

Indy Jones/Crystal Skull...waste of Ford! And why's that fool in there playing Indy's kid?!

War of the Worlds...actually liked most of it though

A.I....just a bit slow. I like the idea though.

Jurassic Park Lost World...NO!

• Like 1

Watchmen

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

RoboCop (remake)

Sorry, its garbage.

Nothing.

Just for kicks...

Spielberg 18-4.

Cameron Crowe 5-2.

I must try this!

Hook

Munich

Indy Jones/Crystal Skull...waste of Ford! And why's that fool in there playing Indy's kid?!

War of the Worlds...actually liked most of it though

A.I....just a bit slow. I like the idea though.

Jurassic Park Lost World...NO!

I forgot Indy 4 (it doesn't exist)

I love War Of The World's.. Until that awful and abrupt ending... (Book is still better...imagine if they made a movie of Victorian England attacked by steam punk alien war machines?)

The Lost World again wins for me...blame nostalgia (but i f I watched it for the first time now I don't think I'd disagree).

Catch Me If You Can is saved by both the acting and the intriguing story, but I think it suffers from some shoddy direction.

And Minority Report is a great movie I can only watch once every few years.

Never seen Always, 1941 or Saving Private Ryan (at least, not as an adult).

A bit back on topic...

Pirates of the Caribbean 3!

Now I love this one! Purely for the badness of it all (has a piece of rubbish ever looked so good?).

Never finished Pirates 4. Not even close!

Matrix 2. Never bothered with 3.

Nearly all the Marvel universe movies (lost interest BUT recently decided to try again, and rewatch all the phase two films I stopped half way).

The Lost Boys !

So disappointing! I thought it would be good because of an interesting cast, and because, vampires, but it had terrible writing. Got bored halfway thru and quit.

Definitely had potential but it never really went anywhere.

• Like 1

The Lost Boys !

So disappointing! I thought it would be good because of an interesting cast, and because, vampires, but it had terrible writing. Got bored halfway thru and quit.

Definitely had potential but it never really went anywhere.

It's the Corey Feldman Effect. It's been scientifically proven to drag down any film at least three levels. :P :P

• Like 2