Build Ged's New Band

third hand grace

What would be a cool collaboration?

I'm still thinking but I'm interested in where Ged might go if still in the game!

Put together a lineup.

I'm good w/ Ged on bass, but time to retire from vocals. so my "Dream Team" would at least be him on bass, but I'd put a new person on vocals.

And before the haters hate, been a fan since 9 (1981) and 44 concerts across the USA.

IF they are done and Geddy wants to create then I wish him the best and would buy instantly, imo he can do no wrong.

Ged, Bass, etc

Vocals, ?

Drums, ?

Guitar, ?

What do you think would be interesting??

I'm still thinking but I'm interested in where Ged might go if still in the game!

Put together a lineup.

I'm good w/ Ged on bass, but time to retire from vocals. so my "Dream Team" would at least be him on bass, but I'd put a new person on vocals.

And before the haters hate, been a fan since 9 (1981) and 44 concerts across the USA.

IF they are done and Geddy wants to create then I wish him the best and would buy instantly, imo he can do no wrong.

Ged, Bass, etc

Vocals, ?

Drums, ?

Guitar, ?

Geddy Lee: Bass, keyboards AND VOCALS (because screw you)

Randy Jackson (from Zebra): Guitar and vocals

Tommy Clufetos: Drums

• Like 1

Put together a lineup.

Ged, Bass, etc

Vocals, ?

Drums, ?

Guitar, ?

It's been done before, but I love this game.

Geddy: Bass, vocals

Chris Cornell: Vocals, guitar

Abe Laboriel Jr: Drums, vocals

Rik Emmett: Guitar, vocals

Edited by JARG
  • Like 2

Come on man changes aren't permanent BUT CHANGE IS
  • Like 2

Geddy on the RICKENBACKER 4001 bass... Thomas Lang on drums... Steve Hackett on guitar... Jordan Ruddess on keyboards and Peter Gabriel on lead voice.
  • Like 2

Geddy -- Bass, vocals, keys

Patrick Moraz - Keyboards

John Wesley - Guitar, vocals

Gavin Harrison - Drums

As long as whoever mixed Wesley's record doesn't mix this one.

Geddy - Bass (obviously).

Drums - Phil Rudd. Don't think I'm serious? The guy can groove like a mutha****

Vocals - Tim "Ripper" Owens.

Guitar(s) Can't think of any lol.

Keyboards - Not required.

Geddy - Bass guitar, Mini Moog, Oberheim polyphonic, OB-1, OB-X, Taurus pedals, vocals

Alex - Six and twelve string electric and acoustic guitars, classisal guitar, Roland guitar synthesizer, Taurus pedals, steel guitar, cigarette filters

and for the Drums...orchestra bells, bell-tree, tympani, gong, cowbells, temple blocks, wind chimes, crotales, tubular bells, triangle, timbales, vibra-slap, electronic percussion, cymbals, we need at least three guys.

My (young and fresh, ready to go for another decade of music, and not in jail) faves are...

Chris Maitland - (groove and backing vocals)

Paul Craddick (technical support)

Earl (lyrics and other gimmickry) :joker:

:smoke: :hail:

I'd like to see the results of Geddy and Ian Anderson working together.

Shared vocals.

No keyboards.

Various musicians, who I consider song specific or secondary in this particular situation, brought in.

This is probably more improbable than anything else mentioned so far. Including muppet Animal.

• Like 1

I always thought ged would be great in an instrumental fusion group.

the year is 1979...

keys - george duke

drums - billy cobham

guitar - allan holdsworth

bass - lee

Coincidentally (or not), there were articles after Hold Your Fire came out that said how Rush (at that time) seems to be more like a fusion band than a rock band.

Stop a minute and imagine Phil Rudd playing the drum parts to Lock and Key...

He'd have to play the John Rutsey version hahaha. (I hope people get the joke).

the year is 1979...

keys - george duke

drums - billy cobham

bass - lee

Coincidentally (or not), there were articles after Hold Your Fire came out that said how Rush (at that time) seems to be more like a fusion band than a rock band.

I can see it. there's some jazzy sections in that, and hell, tai shan is some new age spa shit.

the year is 1979...

keys - george duke

drums - billy cobham

bass - lee

I can see it. there's some jazzy sections in that, and hell, tai shan is some new age spa shit.

Yeah. Come to think of it, in the Rush doc, Geddy even mentions (albeit very briefly) how Rush was moving to a "jazzier" area at that time.

I for one would like to hear Geddy play with another group of musicians and not sing.

I'd be OK with him singing as long as the songs this band wrote had melodies he could actually sing.

• Like 2

Put together a lineup.

Ged, Bass, etc

Vocals, ?

Drums, ?

Guitar, ?

Abe Laboriel Jr: Drums, vocals

Great unexpected choice.

• Like 1