Alex to appear at Toronto comedy festival

blueschica

According to RIAB,

"The 11th Anniversary Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival will take place in Toronto from March 3rd through the 13th, and will include an evening of comedy and music with HELLO! THUNDER BAY! on Monday, March 7th at the Randolph Theatre. HELLO! THUNDER BAY! will be hosted by Dave Bidini of the Rheostatics and will feature Alex Lifeson, Terra Lightfoot, David Quinton Steinberg, Tom Power, and Odario Williams sharing their funniest stories from the road."

Here is the link for the festival- http://www.torontosk...lo-thunder-bay/

If I lived near there, I would go; I'd bet Alex's tales from the road are hilarious! I wonder if he changes names to protect the innocent?

• Like 6

I'd actually be interested in seeing so,something like that. Alex is the only one who I find genuinely funny

Just thinking about that hilarious Trailer Park Boys episode in which Ricky kidnaps him, I can't imagine Geddy or Neil being able to pull that off like Alex did.

• Like 3

An old friend of mine was at a house party in Toronto, about 30 years ago. He said that Lifeson was there and was "effing hilarious." He also said that he wasn't trying to be... he just was... hilarious. Back to Kim Mitchell for a minute... If anyone here ever saw Max Webster back in the late 70s and into about '81, you'll remember just how funny Kim Mitchell was on stage.
  • Like 2

Alex will be funny as long as he doesn't try to be funny... he just needs to be himself... who is a funny dude. Am I making any funny sense? Okay, I am not funny. Need more coffee.
  • Like 3

Alex will be funny as long as he doesn't try to be funny... he just needs to be himself... who is a funny dude. Am I making any funny sense? Okay, I am not funny. Need more coffee.

Yes, it makes sense.

I rarely thought his concert rants were funny...and, if I had to be completely honest, I can't remember one being funny. However, the complete footage of Rush at that restaurant in the documentary showed how funny he can be when he's just reacting.

I would love to hear Kim Mitchell's road stories... get him on the bill!

Kim recently sufffered a massive heart attack-------get well soon, bro.

Kim will be fine... he has way too much rock n' roll duty left to do. I was talking to him a couple years ago at a gig and he told me he quit smoking and eats very healthy... get in plenty of exercise. But, he is in his 60s now and that when bad shit can happen. Canada LOVES Kim!

• Like 1

I would love to hear Kim Mitchell's road stories... get him on the bill!

Kim recently sufffered a massive heart attack-------get well soon, bro.

Kim will be fine... he has way too much rock n' roll duty left to do. I was talking to him a couple years ago at a gig and he told me he quit smoking and eats very healthy... get in plenty of exercise. But, he is in his 60s now and that when bad shit can happen. Canada LOVES Kim!

Canada's not alone in that regard.

here's part of the show... (wonder how long he was up there??)

I finally had a chance to watch that. Alex is basically in conversation with the host and it's great! The host is obviously familiar with Rush and the early Toronto music scene, and Alex is really funny to talk to. What I liked best about it is Alex fills in a lot of details that have only been briefly mentioned in years of previous interviews.

And yeah, I'd love to see the entire appearance!

• Like 2

here's part of the show... (wonder how long he was up there??)

I finally had a chance to watch that. Alex is basically in conversation with the host and it's great! The host is obviously familiar with Rush and the early Toronto music scene, and Alex is really funny to talk to. What I liked best about it is Alex fills in a lot of details that have only been briefly mentioned in years of previous interviews.

And yeah, I'd love to see the entire appearance!

The official Rush website should show the entire Alex conversation or at least many of the highlights.

Gotta love Al's "Ace voice" lol