Steven Wilson 4.5

shail

Currently reliving last week's gig via pro-shot vids on this Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEbfBiHYAGY

That was an actual Yahoo live online stream of one of his shows from the last leg of the tour. There's boot legs of it, both HD video and MP3s floating around. Nearly identical to the show I saw, even most his between song stuff was scripted/the same.

• Like 1

Saw Steven Wilson last week at Man.Apollo

He talked about the album (4.5) as an E.P. more than an actual album

There songs that just did`nt fit the concept or the feel for his last 2 albums

So you can`t say that he`s lost it , far from it`s a great album ( E.P.)

I bought it while I was there ;)

http://i.imgur.com/ALmClil.jpg?1

Edited by By Tor

To The Bone is out. Listened to it once through. It's pretty darn good. I like the songs that were not pre released best. It's a nice change

To be clear, you mean it is out there for people to illegally download now.

The actual release is three weeks from today.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying it [To the Bone] as well (also a preorder-er). It's like Insurgentes in the variety of styles, but has many Lightbulb Sun/In Absentia era PT sounding moments and songs. It's a nice change of pace IMO, obviously SW felt he needed to do something a tad lighter in content and musical ambition. It's fun (by SW standards), and well executed.
  • Like 2

To The Bone is out. Listened to it once through. It's pretty darn good. I like the songs that were not pre released best. It's a nice change

The only people who care are fans, and we've all had our preorders in for months now. Your post is dickish in intent, and assholish in execution.

Are you trolling the review sites because they had advanced copies or are you just selectively self righteous?

Edited by stoopid

The song To The Bone is one heck of a song. Best song off the album. It's has a deep pocket funky groove to it. Then goes into a half time feel to end the song. I must have listened to that song twice a day since the leak came out.

People who eat darkness. Driving song.Another favorite.

Song of Unborn - This tune could have been on the new Blackfield album. But it also has a very early PT vibe to it.

Nowhere now, Refuge and even Black Tapes. All great tunes.

Album has so many gems. Album of the year.

The only people who care are fans, and we've all had our preorders in for months now. Your post is dickish in intent, and assholish in execution.

Are you trolling the review sites because they had advanced copies or are you just selectively self righteous?

I don't think that post meant to be nearly as "dickish" as you interpreted it. People are saying "It's out". I don't see a hint of self righteousness or complaining other than to say you can only get it illegally.

And before you get on my case too, I also downloaded it and preordered it

Edited by Union 5-3992

I don't think that post meant to be nearly as "dickish" as you interpreted it. People are saying "It's out". I don't see a hint of self righteousness or complaining other than to say you can only get it illegally.

And before you get on my case too, I also downloaded it and preordered it

Shail heard the dogwhistle as well. His intent isn't imagined, neither is it masked. Peacemaker die! ;)

Album has so many gems. Album of the year.

I'm not there yet, and with other new albums coming I'm reluctant to make any AotY claims until December 31.

Fwiw, to this point, Lonely Robot's latest album (The Big Dream) is an overall 'better' album. But they're different albums, and SW's would be a close second.

Edited by stoopid

Calm down.

Saying the album "is out" indicated that it had been released, so I merely pointed out that the leak is out, for the sake of those who might have seen shall's post and then drove themselves nuts wondering why it wasn't "out" in the places they went to look.

Jeez.

stoopid, I can understand why someone might have a problem with the way K Man worded his post, but your reaction was far worse and over the top. "Dickish" and "assholish?" C'mon...

• Like 1

I probably could have worded it better, for sure, but I don't think it warranted that strong and that aggressive of a reaction.

if you actually meant that, my apologies.

If you meant what I think you meant and are simply playing dumb, consider it a warning shot. I don't have disciplinary powers, so the best I have are harsh words. Since it wasn't technically a rules infraction all we have as members is a self correcting system.

Edited by stoopid

stoopid, I can understand why someone might have a problem with the way K Man worded his post

Thanks for intervening. Now you are at least aware, so if any patterns become clear/emerge... ;)

The way I described the direction Wilson took on TtB to my friend (also a SW fan)... it's as if each moment in the song where he could have gone weird or heavy in the past, he's about half the time on the new album chosen a more pop or purely melodic direction. This is not going to sit well with his purist prog fans, but for someone like me who enjoys a huge range of music, I enjoy just about every variation in direction he takes.
  • Like 1

I probably could have worded it better, for sure, but I don't think it warranted that strong and that aggressive of a reaction.

if you actually meant that, my apologies.

If you meant what I think you meant and are simply playing dumb, consider it a warning shot. I don't have disciplinary powers, so the best I have are harsh words. Since it wasn't technically a rules infraction all we have as members is a self correcting system.

You could have stopped after your first sentence.

Just because you don't have disciplinary powers doesn't mean you're allowed to use harsh words and insult people. Common sense should tell you that, even without a set of posted rules.

stoopid, I can understand why someone might have a problem with the way K Man worded his post

Thanks for intervening. Now you are at least aware, so if any patterns become clear/emerge... ;)

Yes, I am seeing a pattern emerging here. I'm seeing YOU continuing to escalate what started as a very minor situation into one that requires mod intervention. Now would be a good time for you to cut bait and get back to talking about the new SW album.

Half of it is available on the official streaming sites and I have paid good money for the deluxe package. So have I downloaded the album? Yes. Was I right to do so? No. Let's stop pretending illegally downloading stuff is ok.

Great album. Refreshing and fresh. The odd misstep but kudos for just doing whateverthefūck he wants. That's truly progressive.

• Like 4

I have it pre-ordered and look forward to the same enjoyment.

Steve is a true Prog genius. Thank god for him.

• Like 1

The way I described the direction Wilson took on TtB to my friend (also a SW fan)... it's as if each moment in the song where he could have gone weird or heavy in the past, he's about half the time on the new album chosen a more pop or purely melodic direction. This is not going to sit well with his purist prog fans, but for someone like me who enjoys a huge range of music, I enjoy just about every variation in direction he takes.

I absolutely love his sense of pop. It is why I love In Absentia so much from Porcupine Tree. Some seriously amazing pop rock songs on that gem.

Hand Cannot Erase (title track) is such a great pop rock song too.

His range is awesome in terms of his songwriting. He has so many different flavors. To me progressive means many things. And pop sensibility within Progressive rock is his greatest strength (and it is what made Rush so incredible too).

It's called maturity.

• Like 1