And now for something completely different

Stan Getz

My daughter just finished a project for her 11th grade honors English class. The assignment had two elements, an essay involving detailed examples of literary themes and also required the students build a model relevant to their theme topic.

My daughter chose to write about several Rush songs and for the model she replicated the Signals cover with a diorama that had a large hand sewn dalmatian about 2.5' long and fire hydrant made from a gallon paint can with carved balsa pieces serving as the connections and hardware - once painted red it was pretty convincing.

Proud (yet at the same time its kinda sad) to say she's the only kid in her school that rocks a Rush "Starman" tote bag to school everyday and while 98% of her class prefers hip hop or even (groan) country she's one of very few that still rocks out. Last year I was fortunate enough to able to take her to see the Stones and Rush in what could very likely be her last chance to see either band.

When she gets the assignment back I'll post a photo.

Thank you for indulging me...now we can get back to more important work such as clarifying what decade Permanent Waves belongs in or debating what 'last tour of this magnitude means'!

• Like 18

My daughter just finished a project for her 11th grade honors English class. The assignment had two elements, an essay involving detailed examples of literary themes and also required the students build a model relevant to their theme topic.

My daughter chose to write about several Rush songs and for the model she replicated the Signals cover with a diorama that had a large hand sewn dalmatian about 2.5' long and fire hydrant made from a gallon paint can with carved balsa pieces serving as the connections and hardware - once painted red it was pretty convincing.

Proud (yet at the same time its kinda sad) to say she's the only kid in her school that rocks a Rush "Starman" tote bag to school everyday and while 98% of her class prefers hip hop or even (groan) country she's one of very few that still rocks out. Last year I was fortunate enough to able to take her to see the Stones and Rush in what could very likely be her last chance to see either band.

Thank you for indulging me...now we can get back to more important work such as clarifying what decade Permanent Waves belongs in or debating what 'last tour of this magnitude means'!

This is strange timing!!! WOW!! Your daughter is AWESOME!! I can't wait to see a photo!!

I just posted a thread last night about my 15 year old daughter! She drew a picture based on Neil's lyric "We're only immortal for a limited time."

Well Stan the Man we did something right!!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Dude, make sure you remind her that she is the coolest kid in the entire school... (Don't tell her, remind her!)
  • Like 2

Nice to know that the Rushian legacy will go on after these fetid waves of untalented, mediocre acts have withered and blown away into the dust bin of eternity.
  • Like 1

No! Thank You. To bad there are not more parents like you! Damn it. Rock & Roll will live on forever if more people were like you! I bet that girl is the apple of her parents eye!

• Like 1