"We're Only Immortal For A Limited Time!" Artwork By My 15 Year Old Daughter! Critics Please Be Honest! Skylar Rocks!

RUSHHEAD666

She did a good job. If you're asking for criticism I'd say she could have spent more time shading to give more contrast but it's a good job. I like the ghostly face in the smoke

Hahaha! I love your honesty! Yep! I know! She "RUSH"ED it!!

Even I didn't catch that ghostly face in the smoke. It blew my mind. Like her soul was leaving her body with each exhale of evil smoke.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I have my daughter this week so I already put her to work!

I asked her to draw a picture based on a lyric.

The first lyric that popped into my Rushhead was "We're only immortal for a limited time."

So she thought about it for a few minutes and went to work.

My good friend Gina is going to post it on here for me since I have no clue! I can't even take a photo from my iPhotos and put it on my Avatar.

Believe me I have tried.

Anyway Skylar is awesome and I am blessed! Thank God I took both of my daughters to New Mexico to see the first show of the Time Machine Tour!

RUSH ON!!!

Oh and please if you smoke cigarettes please stop.

See below........

Earl, I'm a professional artist. Since she's already showing this promise at 15, if she's interested then I think she should definitely be encouraged to draw, draw, and draw some more! I would also recommend that she eat up the work of great artists the way you eat up music! :yes:

First off Bean you are amazing. Wow! What a compliment. I am so glad that you get me. You are right. Music is my art form of choice until the day I die.

I know that Skyar is beyond gifted.

She is blowing my mind with her artwork.

She started drawing at like 6 years old. She is probably a natural like you!!!

I do encourage it but she is insecure.

She is a lot like me. LOL!

I swear to you, I asked her tonight if she wanted to to to art school and she say NO!

Thank goodness I am conscious and aware of my reality. Believe it or not my mind is clear.

I am not insane or crazy or on drugs like some love to say.

My own personal life my be in the crapper but I have two of beautiful, intellectual, athletic daughters in the world.

I don't take it for granted.

I am blessed.

If you could show me some of your art I would love to see it.

Seriously.

Let me know.

:)

Hopefully the insecurity will wane as the teenage years pass; I'd guess that she'll gain confidence as she keeps drawing, too, especially with you there to support her!

You're grand in my books, Earl, and your daughters are clearly fortunate to have you--so not to worry :)

Funny you should mention my own art, as I'm working on a series that involves bones and female figures right now! It's a bit relevant to Skylar's drawing in that sense. I've only got one detail shot right now as most of the works are still in progress, but I'll have to flip some your way once I've got more than one photo for ya! I appreciate the interest! :cheers:

I know it's late and I've never met you but I love you!!!

You don't realize how important your words mean to me.

I know it's a public forum and I should use a filter on my brain and hands but wow, it's so nice to read your comments.

I am not a dead beat dad, I will do anything for my girls. My wife thinks I'm a crazy selfish music drummer Rush addict human! Ugh! TRUE! LOL!

So I will stop there. I could go on and on.

I know I am a good person.

I get a lot of flack for being different.

Why?

Because I love music, writing and drumming? UGH!!!

It's all good.

I will always support Skylar and Zoe! I am so lucky!!!

Perhaps my daughters fuel my own self confidence.

I get a bad rap Bean and I am not bad.

Oh well.

So enough about me.

It's amazing timing that you are working on the same theme like Sky.

Please at least PM a link or something if you want to keep it private.

Trust me.

I would love to see your work.

Flip me something my way! LOL!

I was Art Student Of The Year my senior year in high school. Sky is a freshman and she blows me away!!!!

I must say and I am not being a lame egoist.

Glad to see my genes have passed over well into my girls.

They are both soccer stars too. I played for ten years but again they blow me away.

I will say that they have their mother's looks and GPA. LOL!!!

I majored in English.

Go figure........

LOL

Aww Earl, I love ya, too! :cheers:

You come across to me as a good person, Earl, you really do. Your love for your daughters, music, and life in general really shines through, and that's fantastic! The so-called "different" people are too often misunderstood--but that's everyone else's loss when it comes right down to it.

English makes sense to me as a major for you! Your posting style is highly creative!

You can expect a PM from me in time. I just want to have a few more images of the new work so that it is more worth your while! :)

Awesome Bean! Thanks for the kind words!!! It really does mean a lot to me!

Cheers!

You're always welcome, Earl!

I'm sure you've got plenty of friends here, but if you ever need one more to talk to, I'm just a message away. :) You're destined for far greater than HEARTBREAK STATION!

Signed,

CINDERELLA

• Like 1

The first lyric that popped into my Rushhead was "We're only immortal for a limited time."

My good friend Gina is going to post it on here for me since I have no clue! I can't even take a photo from my iPhotos and put it on my Avatar.

Believe me I have tried.

Anyway Skylar is awesome and I am blessed! Thank God I took both of my daughters to New Mexico to see the first show of the Time Machine Tour!

RUSH ON!!!

See below........

Earl, I'm a professional artist. Since she's already showing this promise at 15, if she's interested then I think she should definitely be encouraged to draw, draw, and draw some more! I would also recommend that she eat up the work of great artists the way you eat up music! :yes:

First off Bean you are amazing. Wow! What a compliment. I am so glad that you get me. You are right. Music is my art form of choice until the day I die.

I swear to you, I asked her tonight if she wanted to to to art school and she say NO!

Thank goodness I am conscious and aware of my reality. Believe it or not my mind is clear.

My own personal life my be in the crapper but I have two of beautiful, intellectual, athletic daughters in the world.

I am blessed.

Seriously.

Let me know.

Hopefully the insecurity will wane as the teenage years pass; I'd guess that she'll gain confidence as she keeps drawing, too, especially with you there to support her!

You're grand in my books, Earl, and your daughters are clearly fortunate to have you--so not to worry :)

Funny you should mention my own art, as I'm working on a series that involves bones and female figures right now! It's a bit relevant to Skylar's drawing in that sense. I've only got one detail shot right now as most of the works are still in progress, but I'll have to flip some your way once I've got more than one photo for ya! I appreciate the interest! :cheers:

I know it's a public forum and I should use a filter on my brain and hands but wow, it's so nice to read your comments.

I am not a dead beat dad, I will do anything for my girls. My wife thinks I'm a crazy selfish music drummer Rush addict human! Ugh! TRUE! LOL!

Why?

It's all good.

Oh well.

So enough about me.

Trust me.

I was Art Student Of The Year my senior year in high school. Sky is a freshman and she blows me away!!!!

They are both soccer stars too. I played for ten years but again they blow me away.

I majored in English.

Go figure........

LOL

You come across to me as a good person, Earl, you really do. Your love for your daughters, music, and life in general really shines through, and that's fantastic! The so-called "different" people are too often misunderstood--but that's everyone else's loss when it comes right down to it.

English makes sense to me as a major for you! Your posting style is highly creative!

You can expect a PM from me in time. I just want to have a few more images of the new work so that it is more worth your while! :)

Cheers!

I'm sure you've got plenty of friends here, but if you ever need one more to talk to, I'm just a message away. :) You're destined for far greater than HEARTBREAK STATION!

Signed,

CINDERELLA

Wow!

I was just going to hit the sack but I figured to check the forum one last time and I am glad I did!

It's amazing how many friends I do have on here and you are one of them! I always say this and no one tries to put it together. I wish we could have a Rush Forum Gathering Party somewhere!

I know it's tough logistically but you know me, I would fly anywhere!

Well the bottom line is this. Thank you for your message offer. I might just hit you up some night. Thank you.

Your Heartbreak Station and Cinderella signing hit me "STRAIGHT THRU THE HEART!" EPIC!!!!!!!

Signed,

Y&T

You know my heart is fine Bean. I am not broken. I am not depressed. I am not in mental mourning. I knew this day was going to come three years ago.

I know many on here already think I'm insane, but to me my insanity is intuition.

I knew it.

I hate predicting the future but I had a gut feeling.

I am good.

I am strong.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!

"Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone.........."

Love

CINDERELLA

If I ever find love again I will NEVER let it go.

Wait!

"LET IT GO!"

DEF LEPPARD! LOL!

• Like 1

Believe me I have tried.

RUSH ON!!!

See below........

I am blessed.

Seriously.

Let me know.

Why?

It's all good.

Oh well.

So enough about me.

Trust me.

I majored in English.

Go figure........

LOL

Cheers!

Signed,

CINDERELLA

Wow!

I was just going to hit the sack but I figured to check the forum one last time and I am glad I did!

It's amazing how many friends I do have on here and you are one of them! I always say this and no one tries to put it together. I wish we could have a Rush Forum Gathering Party somewhere!

Well the bottom line is this. Thank you for your message offer. I might just hit you up some night. Thank you.

Your Heartbreak Station and Cinderella signing hit me "STRAIGHT THRU THE HEART!" EPIC!!!!!!!

Signed,

Y&T

You know my heart is fine Bean. I am not broken. I am not depressed. I am not in mental mourning. I knew this day was going to come three years ago.

I know many on here already think I'm insane, but to me my insanity is intuition.

I knew it.

I am good.

I am strong.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Love

CINDERELLA

Wait!

"LET IT GO!"

DEF LEPPARD! LOL!

Right on, Earl! :cheers:

I'm with ya, the potential logistic nightmare of a large TRF gathering would be well worth it if pulled off!

Have yourself a good night over there! :hi:

• Like 1

Believe me I have tried.

RUSH ON!!!

See below........

I am blessed.

Seriously.

Let me know.

Why?

It's all good.

Oh well.

So enough about me.

Trust me.

I majored in English.

Go figure........

LOL

Cheers!

Signed,

CINDERELLA

Wow!

Signed,

Y&T

I knew it.

I am good.

I am strong.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Love

CINDERELLA

Wait!

"LET IT GO!"

DEF LEPPARD! LOL!

Right on, Earl! :cheers:

I'm with ya, the potential logistic nightmare of a large TRF gathering would be well worth it if pulled off!

Have yourself a good night over there! :hi:

Hahaha! Thanks Bean!! It would be amazing to travel to a TRF Gathering. As I have stated before I think, I am sure it would be on the East Coast.

I would make the journey for sure. I have lots of relatives in Jersey!

Yep I was born in San Francisco but I've got Jersey blood!!!

No wonder I'm so INSANE!!!!!!!!

LOL!

• Like 1