I Believe In God Because Rush Is My Religion! Wife Is Gone Forever! I Hung My "Clockwork Angels" Autographed Print! 302 Made! Neil In Red Sector Ink

RUSHHEAD666

I love Goldy. Saw him with DIO.

I have some solo albums from Japan by him.

I saw him with Dio too in 1986 in Leeds with Keel as the support band. And I met Ronnie and Jimmy Bain that day too before the gig, they were just getting off the bus. He signed my green Dio ticket with a gold pen! After that we went for a burger to reflect on our fortuitous meeting with the great RJD, a Wimpy burger, it was Wimpy too, never had one since!

Hahaha! Pat I love your rock stories! Wait, you've never had a burger since 1986? I get your pun too. Popeye.

A Greg Goldy pen? LOL

I love KEEL.

THE RIGHT TO ROCK!

I met Ron Keel after he opened for Y&T. Nice guy!

But you met The Legend.

You never told me that.

The only memory I have of Ronnie James was when Wendy and I were front row for Ryche Alice Cooper and Heaven And Hell.

Ronnie came right over to us and get the devil horn salute to Wendy.

Yeah I know, Ronnie's wife's name is Wendy.

I already told you this. I met a young good looking chick at a bar a couple of months ago.

I could tell she wanted to go out someday so I asked her her name first instead of asking her out.

She said, "my name is Wendy."

I froze like a dumb deer in headlights.

I failed.

Oh well.

So that's how you met Wendy? THE Wendy??

It was really cool how we met Dio we weren't trying to meet him at all, we were just wandering around Leeds, a place I'd not been to before then. And all of sudden we saw this bus roll up and then we were like FUCKk it's Ronnie James Dio! And ran over! We were like "we've got nothing for him to sign!" So we whipped our tickets out!

I have had a burger since then just not a Wimpy burger! Mind you I don't have burgers that often. I stopped with the KFC and McDonalds around 1987 too.

Just don't eat Wendy's burger! LOL!! Bad tasteless joke! PUN INTENDED!! Damn I'm bad.

I hate fast food but I married Wendy.

I could go all night.

But in all seriousness, no Pat I met a 30 year old blonde at my local bar and she was really cool and hot. hmmmm

But anyway I was going to ask her out and when she told me her name was Wendy I fukking froze. FAIL.

I choked in the moment.

I am cursed. She would have been Wendy 2.0 and I dropped the ball.

Oh well.

Fukk it.

Rock and Roll is more important. You met Ronnie James Dio. That must be up there on your HEAVY METAL MEMORY MEMOIR!

That would have been weird to have another Wendy. On the bright side though it would have pissed the original Wendy off no end! How old did she look?

Yeah, at the time I thought it was big but it seems even bigger now looking back on it.

Pat! She was a hot blonde like my ex but she was 30 years old!

Choke.

You should have gone for it mate! Next time you'll know and you'll be ready!

• Like 1

Sorry to say it, but April Wine isn't April Wine any more... only one original member, Myles Goodwyn. Not even sure if Myles is still in, because last year they were looking for a replacement for him... that would be like replacing Jon Bon Jovi in Bon Jovi.

From band to brand...

Haven't read the rest of the thread, not looking to make friends, but I do sympathize that hard times come upon us all...

But, point is, there is no God, Rush666, and if you cannot ascertain that very specific enlightenment gushing forth from every other Rush lyric, then you're fooling yourself. But hey, each to his own, if you want to be a believer, then go ahead. You brought up God, and I'm simply offering the other view that is a growing minority.

Sometimes we have to be heavy and not just flippant. No one expects peer approval from the uncritical thinking masses, right?

Haven't read the rest of the thread, not looking to make friends, but I do sympathize that hard times come upon us all...

But, point is, there is no God, Rush666, and if you cannot ascertain that very specific enlightenment gushing forth from every other Rush lyric, then you're fooling yourself. But hey, each to his own, if you want to be a believer, then go ahead. You brought up God, and I'm simply offering the other view that is a growing minority.

Sometimes we have to be heavy and not just flippant. No one expects peer approval from the uncritical thinking masses, right?

Sure, there is a god--a holy trinity named Geddy, Alex, and Neil!

:D

is this a joke ?

lol

f***ing moron

Sometimes it's ok to not post your thoughts.

• Like 1

Sorry to say it, but April Wine isn't April Wine any more... only one original member, Myles Goodwyn. Not even sure if Myles is still in, because last year they were looking for a replacement for him... that would be like replacing Jon Bon Jovi in Bon Jovi.

Thanks TBR! I had no clue! Forget it!!! Hey I need a PBR!!!! LOL! CHEERS! JULY WHINE IS NO BUENO!!! SUMMER BUMMER!

I love Goldy. Saw him with DIO.

I have some solo albums from Japan by him.

I saw him with Dio too in 1986 in Leeds with Keel as the support band. And I met Ronnie and Jimmy Bain that day too before the gig, they were just getting off the bus. He signed my green Dio ticket with a gold pen! After that we went for a burger to reflect on our fortuitous meeting with the great RJD, a Wimpy burger, it was Wimpy too, never had one since!

Hahaha! Pat I love your rock stories! Wait, you've never had a burger since 1986? I get your pun too. Popeye.

A Greg Goldy pen? LOL

I love KEEL.

THE RIGHT TO ROCK!

I met Ron Keel after he opened for Y&T. Nice guy!

But you met The Legend.

You never told me that.

The only memory I have of Ronnie James was when Wendy and I were front row for Ryche Alice Cooper and Heaven And Hell.

Ronnie came right over to us and get the devil horn salute to Wendy.

Yeah I know, Ronnie's wife's name is Wendy.

I already told you this. I met a young good looking chick at a bar a couple of months ago.

I could tell she wanted to go out someday so I asked her her name first instead of asking her out.

She said, "my name is Wendy."

I froze like a dumb deer in headlights.

I failed.

Oh well.

So that's how you met Wendy? THE Wendy??

It was really cool how we met Dio we weren't trying to meet him at all, we were just wandering around Leeds, a place I'd not been to before then. And all of sudden we saw this bus roll up and then we were like FUCKk it's Ronnie James Dio! And ran over! We were like "we've got nothing for him to sign!" So we whipped our tickets out!

I have had a burger since then just not a Wimpy burger! Mind you I don't have burgers that often. I stopped with the KFC and McDonalds around 1987 too.

Just don't eat Wendy's burger! LOL!! Bad tasteless joke! PUN INTENDED!! Damn I'm bad.

I hate fast food but I married Wendy.

I could go all night.

But in all seriousness, no Pat I met a 30 year old blonde at my local bar and she was really cool and hot. hmmmm

But anyway I was going to ask her out and when she told me her name was Wendy I fukking froze. FAIL.

I choked in the moment.

I am cursed. She would have been Wendy 2.0 and I dropped the ball.

Oh well.

Fukk it.

Rock and Roll is more important. You met Ronnie James Dio. That must be up there on your HEAVY METAL MEMORY MEMOIR!

That would have been weird to have another Wendy. On the bright side though it would have pissed the original Wendy off no end! How old did she look?

Yeah, at the time I thought it was big but it seems even bigger now looking back on it.

Pat! She was a hot blonde like my ex but she was 30 years old!

Choke.

You should have gone for it mate! Next time you'll know and you'll be ready!

Thanks Pat! Yep! Next time I will be ready! We should all learn from our mistakes.

The great thing is I have been with Skylar my 15 year old all week! I would rather stay at home with my daughter than go out and waste time finding some illusional lust named Love.

All good amigo!

"I DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE"

Signed,

Queensryche

• Like 1

From band to brand...

Brand X?

Signed,

Phil Collins

Go skiing bro.

Good things will follow.

Hey Tangy,

I know that Goose is a great skier. I used to be awesome.

It's been decades.

Perhaps you are right man. I can't afford it though. I would prefer to go drumming.

Thank "GOD" I still have my two drum kits. True bliss and sanctuary!!

Cheers!

• Like 3

You have all us for company...if we are needed! Enjoy your freedom. ;)

Hey Chicken Hawk!

Thank you for the kind words. As I have said before thank goodness I have this Forum.

Sorry if I sound like a whining little baby. I know I should be more of a private person but I have so many friends on here I figured that private messaging over 40 people would be stupid.

I have no filter. I wear my heart on my sleeve. It is what it is.

I'm fine.

This too shall pass. Eventually I will shut up and move on."Half the Rush Forum World will be happy, half the Rush Forum will be sad."

But hey, the winner will be me because the Rush Forum has helped me through my shite.

I know it could always be worse.

I am blessed forever, cursed temporarily.

Cheers!

Back to the original post... I'm a 1,000,000% atheist (and then some) but still, Rush is my religion... has been since I saw them in 1976. I asked a buddy of mine who was with me at that show what he thought of it afterward... "I saw God, man." Insert 70s Cheech and Chong, maybe?

Yep!

So TBR! I get it. My title topic can be misread.

To be honest it's not just Rush music. It's music period.

Ozzy said it best. "Music is my religion....... "

That was my point. Sometimes points have dull edges and can be misread by the masses. The sheeple who belong the steeple of brainwashed zombie bliss.

I am a Lion.

Hence the reason why I am cast off into the fugazi world by those who label me "insane" or "crazy."

Look into the Wilderness Of Mirrors and gaze into the reflection of your own insecurity and insipid intelligence.

I know what I love in life.

This place is one of those realities.

See how easy it is to be smart on a forum? I could write a novel on here.

LOL!

Cheers!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Hey it's cool man. I agree with you actually on my accounts.

Thank you my friends for your comments about this post but like Steven Wilson, I have an "Open Mind."

I went to a Christian High School for two years. I studied the Bible. Went to chapel ever Wednesday.

I loathed it.

My parents put me into Christian camps at Mt. Herman every summer near Santa Cruz.

I hated it.

There was a slide show at that camp and the theme was ROCK ALBUM COVERS THAT REPRESENT SATAN.

I swear it was all true.

Of course even as a freshman in high school I had to go! Even then I was into Heavy Metal and PROG!

So I sat there in the dark watching the slide show.

They told us that:

The inner insert of "Led Zep IV" was Satanic.

The first solo album by Stevie Nicks was Satanic because of the poisonous flowers on the cover.

Sgt Pepper's cover was SATANIC

Hotel California is SATANiC because you can see that Anton freak in the window and then in the center part of the album above the band.

Maiden Number Of The Beast

Ozzy Blizzard

Highway To Hell

But then the showed "2112" and I FREAKED OUT! I was so pissed off!

After the slide show I told my counselor that the red star on "2112" was an open star. It was a science fiction album not a Satanic album with a red pentagram on it!

He said, "well Earl if you add up 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 it equals 6!"

666!!!!

I was so fukking pissed off i didn't know what to do!!!!

Anyway, I was an atheist for many many dark moons after that.

I was not brainwashed by the far right bible thumpers.

I resisted.

Once my parents moved I was able to leave that Christian High School and go to a public school

I didn't have many friends but I was happy to get as far away from religion as I could.

Funny thing, I was able to transfer to a wonderful college named St. Mary's College in Moraga. Catholic school.

So I didn't care. I was an honored atheist and I loved my college experience there.

I had no problems whatsoever.

I love challenging religion in my philosophy classes. One guy was named Father Owen Carrol. I loved the guy. Totally down to earth Brother.

I told him about my book idea. I was going to write a book about Hypocrisy. He loved the idea and he tried to help me find some books to get a better background.

Nothing was written.

Hypocrisy in humanity. Hypocrisy in religion.

Hypocrisy in us all.

Anyway I could just keep typing until the sun comes up.

So now 20 years later I am not an atheist.

I am an agnostic with a belief in place that there is a higher power.

Music is my Religion. If God created music to get through to me then so be it. That's all.

Every human has their own personal belief system.

I think evolution is reality. If anything else is far fetched it SCIENTOLOGY! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! No wonder Travolta and Cruise don't age right?

They go back down into the sea and spend some time inside their clam shells to stay pretty.

Ugh!

Everyone has the right to believe in what they want.

I believe that there is Karma, Dharma, Fate, Freewill, Destiny.

We have to live our life to the fullest because you never know when you will perish into the sea of where we began.

The whole Heaven and Hell debate is so cliche.

I think that when you die you die. So I look at death like this.

Do you ever have a night when you go to sleep and don't dream?

You are out cold for like 7 hours straight. Pure black. Seems like minutes instead of hours.

Like being put under at you doctor's facility for surgery.

They knock you out and it's like seconds to your mind.

I can't imagine being conscious in Heaven or in Hell or in Purgatory FOREVER.

Makes no sense to me.

The beautiful think about death is the fact that you will be unconscious for Eternity. No to quote Metallica, "Nothing Else Matters."

You will become matter and your energy and or soul will be reabsorbed back into the universe.

Hence the universe keeps expanding.

Death is the concept that helps push the Universe into unboundless "Territories."

Signed,

RUSH

Get it?

What will happen when the universe stops expanding?

Well George A Romero knew it.

"DAWN ON THE DEAD"

GOODNIGHT OF THE LIVING RUSHDEAD

I know.

Bad joke.

I'm good.

Oh and I'm not drunk.

I'm not on drugs.

I not insane.

I am not crazy

So save your bullshit.

Don't rip on me for my stupid rant.

Look yourself in the mirror today and try and figure yourself out.

I am nothing but I am grounded.

Death is merely the "FINAL FRONTIER."

KEEL

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I love you Jonny.

My brain hurts after my last post.

I am going to bed.

I listened to "Yesterday And Today" tonight so your timing again is perfect buddy.

God I love Y&T.

I saw your email about Malice. I have the first two albums on Japanese cd. Rhino bucket is good but eh.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Hahahaha! I love you "fukking" guys!

I am insane! But in a good way.

tor

Hey I truly am crazy! Not only do I have some serious Andrew Rush autos on my wall too but I also have the very rare Neil Peart photo of him driving his BMW car! Not motorcycle!

I have 3/25! Andrew autographed it in pencil!

So yes. I am a RUSHHEAD FOREVER!!!!!!

I know have signed on my living room wall:

GEDDY

ALEX

NEIL

ANDREW

HUGH

Clockwork Angels author. Not going to lie. Don't really care about that one. It looks nice in green ink though!!!

So yes!

I am finally alone and single and free!

"NO WOMAN NO CRY!"

I AM HAPPY!

HAPPY THE MAN?

No!!!

I'm Bob Marley baby!

Time for some "EXODUS" bitches.

RUSH ON FOREVER!

I may never return!

I am having too much fun by myself!

ROCK AND ROLL!

METAL!

PROG!

JAZZ!

FUSION!

FUNK!

PUNK!

BLUES!!

"Who Needs A Woman" is my new hit single. Look for it on iTunes or at your favorite dinosaur record store.

Wow...dude I hope you're doing okay for real. Maybe I'm reading your post a little too literally.