I Believe In God Because Rush Is My Religion! Wife Is Gone Forever! I Hung My "Clockwork Angels" Autographed Print! 302 Made! Neil In Red Sector Ink

RUSHHEAD666

Oh and I didn't meet Keel. I think the album was the Final Frontier at the time. I had that one, it's got a great cover, they did a really cool job with the logo on that cover. I did have The Right to Rock too.

Keel_-_The_Final_Frontier.jpg

I remember seeing this kid in the Guitar Player magazine spotlight column waaay back in the early 80s .. I had no idea how to pronounce his name, but I kept seeing it come up and hearing people talk about him ..

I was in Alwick Records around 1983 ( where Eddie Trunk worked at the time ), and I saw an album by a band called Steeler, and there was THAT GUY on the cover ..

I bought the album, and the guitar blew me away - sort of like Al D, a little of Schenker and Uli Roth and Blackmore, but holy shit, he was fast and good .. The singer was Ron Keel

Earl and Treeduck, you know who I'm talking about ?

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Earl is quite clearly insane!

I wish i could be as insane as he is

You are awesome!

My God. If I had a nickel every time someone said or typed that I was "insane" I would be a millionaire.

I just beat to a different drummer and I have no filter.

Oh well.

Label me.

Hate me.

I will never change.

Hence the reason why my wife left me.

I am the same person I was when I was 18.

I still listen to Rush. RATT. Crue.

Whatever.

I'm a habit.

I had it made and I still have it made. So far.......

Nothing is guaranteed in life.

If you think I'm insane or crazy. That's your pointless point of view.

I know who I am.

I know who and what I love and I love who and what I know.

It's simple.

Like KISS music right?

Keep It Simple Stupid.

That's my brain on drugs.

Rock And Roll Is My Drug.

So as Michael Jackson would say,

BEAT IT!!

I'm good.

I'm sane.

I'm smart.

I'm lucky.

What about you?

What about your life?

You who read this crap I write.

How are you doing?

Is your life perfect?

No such think muttha......

Oh and that's not a typo.

Think before you type.

Don't be like me.

Lmao, that last line kiled me. Oh goodness, i love finding more autocritic people. Makes life easier.

Cheers

I love that!!! "Autocritic." That's a new one for me!

Cheers!

"That last line", that makes me think of the Last in Line the song an the band! I've ordered my copy of Heavy Crown Earl, the deluxe edition with the extra track and DVD.

Hahaha! Good one! Thanks for the info! I will certainly get the Heavy Crown deluxe version. Does it come out Friday?

No it's not out for a while yet, Feb 19. It's on Frontiers records. There's another one too which also features Vinny Appice but this one with Craig Goldy, they're called Resurrection Kings and so is the album.

Ohhh!! Ok! got it!!

I will wait for that one then! Shit I'll be 48 years young by then!!

"SINGLE FOR LIFE HALF WAY TO DEATH!"

I'll be 49 in March! :codger:

Wow! i'm 48 in Feb! We are only a year apart! INCREDIBLE! YOU ARE MY METAL BROTHER!

I love Goldy. Saw him with DIO.

I have some solo albums from Japan by him.

I saw him with Dio too in 1986 in Leeds with Keel as the support band. And I met Ronnie and Jimmy Bain that day too before the gig, they were just getting off the bus. He signed my green Dio ticket with a gold pen! After that we went for a burger to reflect on our fortuitous meeting with the great RJD, a Wimpy burger, it was Wimpy too, never had one since!

Hahaha! Pat I love your rock stories! Wait, you've never had a burger since 1986? I get your pun too. Popeye.

A Greg Goldy pen? LOL

I love KEEL.

THE RIGHT TO ROCK!

I met Ron Keel after he opened for Y&T. Nice guy!

But you met The Legend.

You never told me that.

The only memory I have of Ronnie James was when Wendy and I were front row for Ryche Alice Cooper and Heaven And Hell.

Ronnie came right over to us and get the devil horn salute to Wendy.

Yeah I know, Ronnie's wife's name is Wendy.

I already told you this. I met a young good looking chick at a bar a couple of months ago.

I could tell she wanted to go out someday so I asked her her name first instead of asking her out.

She said, "my name is Wendy."

I froze like a dumb deer in headlights.

I failed.

Oh well.

So that's how you met Wendy? THE Wendy??

It was really cool how we met Dio we weren't trying to meet him at all, we were just wandering around Leeds, a place I'd not been to before then. And all of sudden we saw this bus roll up and then we were like FUCKk it's Ronnie James Dio! And ran over! We were like "we've got nothing for him to sign!" So we whipped our tickets out!

I have had a burger since then just not a Wimpy burger! Mind you I don't have burgers that often. I stopped with the KFC and McDonalds around 1987 too.

Just don't eat Wendy's burger! LOL!! Bad tasteless joke! PUN INTENDED!! Damn I'm bad.

I hate fast food but I married Wendy.

I could go all night.

But in all seriousness, no Pat I met a 30 year old blonde at my local bar and she was really cool and hot. hmmmm

But anyway I was going to ask her out and when she told me her name was Wendy I fukking froze. FAIL.

I choked in the moment.

I am cursed. She would have been Wendy 2.0 and I dropped the ball.

Oh well.

Fukk it.

Rock and Roll is more important. You met Ronnie James Dio. That must be up there on your HEAVY METAL MEMORY MEMOIR!

I remember seeing this kid in the Guitar Player magazine spotlight column waaay back in the early 80s .. I had no idea how to pronounce his name, but I kept seeing it come up and hearing people talk about him ..

I was in Alwick Records around 1983 ( where Eddie Trunk worked at the time ), and I saw an album by a band called Steeler, and there was THAT GUY on the cover ..

I bought the album, and the guitar blew me away - sort of like Al D, a little of Schenker and Uli Roth and Blackmore, but holy shit, he was fast and good .. The singer was Ron Keel

Earl and Treeduck, you know who I'm talking about ?

Hahaha!!! i am Heavy Metal Whore! Hell yes!! MALMSTEEN BABY! I have that Steeler album. I love his playing in Alacatrazz but nothing in my mind touches his first solo album "RISING FORCE!!"

"Black Star" is one of my favorite songs on that album.

Signed,

DAVID BOWIE ;)

• Like 2

Back to the original post... I'm a 1,000,000% atheist (and then some) but still, Rush is my religion... has been since I saw them in 1976. I asked a buddy of mine who was with me at that show what he thought of it afterward... "I saw God, man." Insert 70s Cheech and Chong, maybe?
  • Like 3

I saw him with Dio too in 1986 in Leeds with Keel as the support band. And I met Ronnie and Jimmy Bain that day too before the gig, they were just getting off the bus. He signed my green Dio ticket with a gold pen! After that we went for a burger to reflect on our fortuitous meeting with the great RJD, a Wimpy burger, it was Wimpy too, never had one since!

Hahaha! Pat I love your rock stories! Wait, you've never had a burger since 1986? I get your pun too. Popeye.

A Greg Goldy pen? LOL

I love KEEL.

THE RIGHT TO ROCK!

But you met The Legend.

You never told me that.

The only memory I have of Ronnie James was when Wendy and I were front row for Ryche Alice Cooper and Heaven And Hell.

I already told you this. I met a young good looking chick at a bar a couple of months ago.

I could tell she wanted to go out someday so I asked her her name first instead of asking her out.

I failed.

Oh well.

It was really cool how we met Dio we weren't trying to meet him at all, we were just wandering around Leeds, a place I'd not been to before then. And all of sudden we saw this bus roll up and then we were like FUCKk it's Ronnie James Dio! And ran over! We were like "we've got nothing for him to sign!" So we whipped our tickets out!

I have had a burger since then just not a Wimpy burger! Mind you I don't have burgers that often. I stopped with the KFC and McDonalds around 1987 too.

Just don't eat Wendy's burger! LOL!! Bad tasteless joke! PUN INTENDED!! Damn I'm bad.

I could go all night.

But in all seriousness, no Pat I met a 30 year old blonde at my local bar and she was really cool and hot. hmmmm

But anyway I was going to ask her out and when she told me her name was Wendy I fukking froze. FAIL.

I choked in the moment.

Oh well.

Fukk it.

Rock and Roll is more important. You met Ronnie James Dio. That must be up there on your HEAVY METAL MEMORY MEMOIR!

That would have been weird to have another Wendy. On the bright side though it would have pissed the original Wendy off no end! How old did she look?

Yeah, at the time I thought it was big but it seems even bigger now looking back on it.

• Like 1

By the way, Earl, congratulations on your fresh new start!

Very Well Said!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to Rob, Gina and Allen. Anytime you guys want to meet somewhere for a show I am IN!

Do you like Nightwish? They are playing in San Jose on March 11.

• Like 1

So to Rob, Gina and Allen. Anytime you guys want to meet somewhere for a show I am IN!

Well, April Wine is playing in Jackpot Nevada May 27 & 28. Jackpot...all the fun of Elko, but none of the crowds!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/April%20wine_zpshohp1tik.jpg

• Like 2

Not really my cup o' tea. How about Cannibal Corpse March 9?

:LOL:

ETA: Justin Beeber March 18 at Oracle!!!!!

Edited by goose

That's it... we'll all meet up at the Beeber concert!

• Like 2

A Greg Goldy pen? LOL

I love KEEL.

THE RIGHT TO ROCK!

But you met The Legend.

You never told me that.

I failed.

Oh well.

I could go all night.

I choked in the moment.

Oh well.

Fukk it.

That would have been weird to have another Wendy. On the bright side though it would have pissed the original Wendy off no end! How old did she look?

Yeah, at the time I thought it was big but it seems even bigger now looking back on it.

Pat! She was a hot blonde like my ex but she was 30 years old!

Choke.

No Gina!!! I would rather keep Nightwishing for the woman of my dreams! LOL!

• Like 1

Well, April Wine is playing in Jackpot Nevada May 27 & 28. Jackpot...all the fun of Elko, but none of the crowds!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/April%20wine_zpshohp1tik.jpg

Wait! Really? Bucket list. Allen if you go grab my ticket and I will drive up!! Both nights?

Oh HELL NO!! The only thing great about Bieber is that an anagram for his last name is BEER!

Oh HELL NO!! The only thing great about Bieber is that an anagram for his last name is BEER!

Well its not technically an anagram, but I'll give you points for saying the word BEER!!!

:hail: :cheers:

Sorry to say it, but April Wine isn't April Wine any more... only one original member, Myles Goodwyn. Not even sure if Myles is still in, because last year they were looking for a replacement for him... that would be like replacing Jon Bon Jovi in Bon Jovi.