Is Rush your most listened to band ?

djflex

No. I will go for long periods of time where I won't listen to Rush, then when I do it's "god damn I love these guys".

I like to really listen to Rush and that ain't always possible being a parent with young kids.

Most listened to band? No.

Only band I have traveled 12000 kms for (twice)? Yes.

I know exactly what you mean by that. When I listen to them, the thought of any other band existing outside of them is not a possibility.

• Like 1

from ages 5-12 I listened to the beatles more than I'll ever listen to rush. I'll never have that much free time ever again, and little kids form obsessions that are way stronger than the obsessions we form as adults (in my experience, that is. I'm sure there are some 40/50-somethings here who like rush more now than I liked the beatles at 7). but aside from them, rush is for sure #1

No. I will go for long periods of time where I won't listen to Rush, then when I do it's "god damn I love these guys".

I like to really listen to Rush and that ain't always possible being a parent with young kids.

I know exactly what you mean by that. When I listen to them, the thought of any other band existing outside of them is not a possibility.

Lorraine, you listen even more to other bands outside Rush :huh: You must listen music in your sleep...

• Like 1

Lorraine, you listen even more to other bands outside Rush :huh: You must listen music in your sleep...

No, I don't. When I sleep, I dream about Rush. No time to listen to music then.

Who is your most listened-to band?

I go through spells where I listen to Rush almost exclusively, and most days I listen to at least one album. I also go through spells where I vary from obsessing over a band to listening broadly from my collection. I have been on a Genesis and Porcupine Tree kick lately.
  • Like 1

AC/DC.

I know lot's of people on here probably hate them because they aren't prog, but I love me AC/DC.

Always be your own man musically!

Nothing wrong with ac/dc

• Like 3

AC/DC.

I know lot's of people on here probably hate them because they aren't prog, but I love me AC/DC.

in their own way, just as sublime as rush, totally in tune with the ether.

Touch too much is like the sexiest hard rock song ever

I'm sure Alex's little solo in Between Sun & Moon could be a tribute to Angus, sounds very like him.

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 1

AC/DC.

in their own way, just as sublime as rush, totally in tune with the ether.

The chicks loved Bon

bob-scott-ac-dc-female-fans-groupies-concert.jpg?w=700&h=459

• Like 1

AC/DC.

There are definitely more AC/DC songs on my playlist than Rush songs.

• Like 1

Touch too much is the song that got me hooked on AC/DC.

For those that ain't heard it

that's a great vid

She had the face of an angel, smilin' with sin

The body of Venus, with ARMSSS

#Ohyeah

Edited by lifeson90

AC/DC.

Music is personal. It's what moves your foot and your spirit, man. As long as it's not mass produced shit Like Bieber and Beyonce, as hot as she may be. Even then, if that tripe moves someone, by all means, play it loudly, just not around me.

And I love AC/DC. Sometimes the simplest stuff is also the best.

• Like 1

AC/DC.

Music is personal. It's what moves your foot and your spirit, man. As long as it's not mass produced shit Like Bieber and Beyonce, as hot as she may be. Even then, if that tripe moves someone, by all means, play it loudly, just not around me.

And I love AC/DC. Sometimes the simplest stuff is also the best.

I have everything in my collection.. a LOT of it depends upon my mood... I have jazz, easy listening, classical, big band, even some country (Zac Brown, more of a jam band then anything else)

It's all about what makes you happy at any given time...

• Like 1

Yes.

I go through phases with other bands and some last longer than others. I was in a Porcupine Tree phase for a pretty good while, same thing with Pink Floyd at one point. I tried Dream Theater, Yes, Tool, Genesis and other progressive rock acts. They all have their shining moments for me but only Rush can make me continuously happy over such a long period of time. Just the other day I had my phone on shuffle and it went from Hemispheres to Signals to Vapor Trails right in a row. All different time periods, styles, explorations, sounds, etc. And it was somehow all still magical to me. Love 'em!

• Like 1

At the moment I'm listening to Adele more than Rush.

She is a goddess!

She is!

Her studio work does not thrill me as much as her live performances, she is an EXCEPTIONALLY GREAT live singer.

• Like 2