Is Rush your most listened to band ?

djflex

I go through phases. There is just too much different music that I absolutely love.

Rush is one of the two most important bands to come along in my lifetime, and I love them, always. But there are times that I go for awhile, even a couple of months sometimes, without listening to them.

But then when I come back to them again, it's always :D :guitar: :D

Just curious what the other band is?

Toni Basil, of course!

• Like 2

I go through phases. There is just too much different music that I absolutely love.

Rush is one of the two most important bands to come along in my lifetime, and I love them, always. But there are times that I go for awhile, even a couple of months sometimes, without listening to them.

Toni Basil, of course!

:eyeroll:

• Like 1

When im at work.....i cant pick the music so we listen to crap i could care less about. I cant tell you how many times a shift i hear "Call me on your cell phone.."

When i hear rush ..home or in my truck....i get the fuzzies or i cry . Happy tears...Rush makes me feel special.

• Like 2

You may think this is odd...or maybe not...the Black Crowes.

I've garnered a handful of new fans of them around, because of my shameless promotion, haha...and found a few here who've been into them for awhile, like I have. They're a band that a lot of people think disappeared a long time ago, but...not so.

I traveled around the U.S. multiple times to see them, from 1992-2009- a total of 49 shows.

Nice! I have seen them 3-4 times since 1990 and don't find that odd at all :)

In fact of my live recordings they rank 4th in numbers... Rush(1341) Grateful Dead(185) Gov't Mule(173) Black Crowes(164)

Awesome...at one time, I had somewhere north of 800 Grateful Dead shows, but it's fewer than that now...I have maybe 100 Mule shows, and about 400-500 Crowes (more than that, on all of these, if you count the related solo/side projects).

I only have about 30 Rush shows, but as they don't vary their setlists much at all over the course of a particular tour, I haven't made it a priority to collect as many of them.

Where did you see the Crowes, then?

I've garnered a handful of new fans of them around, because of my shameless promotion, haha...and found a few here who've been into them for awhile, like I have. They're a band that a lot of people think disappeared a long time ago, but...not so.

I traveled around the U.S. multiple times to see them, from 1992-2009- a total of 49 shows.

In fact of my live recordings they rank 4th in numbers... Rush(1341) Grateful Dead(185) Gov't Mule(173) Black Crowes(164)

Awesome...at one time, I had somewhere north of 800 Grateful Dead shows, but it's fewer than that now...I have maybe 100 Mule shows, and about 400-500 Crowes (more than that, on all of these, if you count the related solo/side projects).

I only have about 30 Rush shows, but as they don't vary their setlists much at all over the course of a particular tour, I haven't made it a priority to collect as many of them.

Don't have my stubs handy so just going by memory... first time was Aerosmith/Metallica/Black Crowes in Toronto (1990),twice here in Ottawa and I think one other time. I have border issues so the only shows of any kind I have seen in the US were the Dead in Buffalo (92) and Woodstock 94

• Like 1

The only reason I listen to Rush more is because I own little else these days. If I had more variety, then, no, I wouldn't listen to just Rush.

As blasphemous as this will sound to certain ears here, I do think there are more talented and better bands. In my opinion. :)

• Like 1

Don't have my stubs handy so just going by memory... first time was Aerosmith/Metallica/Black Crowes in Toronto (1990),twice here in Ottawa and I think one other time. I have border issues so the only shows of any kind I have seen in the US were the Dead in Buffalo (92) and Woodstock 94

Ottawa- in 2006, by chance? Or was it earlier? (I have that '06 Ottawa show in my collection).

Ottawa- in 2006, by chance? Or was it earlier? (I have that '06 Ottawa show in my collection).

sounds about right...the other one was in the 90's
  • Like 1

The only reason I listen to Rush more is because I own little else these days. If I had more variety, then, no, I wouldn't listen to just Rush.

As blasphemous as this will sound to certain ears here, I do think there are more talented and better bands. In my opinion. :)

Who do you like more than Rush? That's not a challenge, btw, it's just a question.

15th May 2006 at the Congress Centre- set list can be found here: http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=1844

I saw them exactly nine days later, on Rich Robinson's 37th birthday, in Louisville, Kentucky: http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=1850

:)

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Who do you like more than Rush? That's not a challenge, btw, it's just a question.

A lot of other bands - The Police for one, Yes for another. The Who's Quadrophenia and Tommy and Who's Next leave Rush in the dust. Sorry. There are many bands a lot more talented than Rush.

Again. My opinion not meant to offend die-hard fans.

A lot of other bands - The Police for one, Yes for another. The Who's Quadrophenia and Tommy and Who's Next leave Rush in the dust. Sorry. There are many bands a lot more talented than Rush.

I better clarify the above.

I'm no musician, so I wouldn't know if other bands are more talented. I wouldn't have known how talented Rush is if our resident musicians hadn't told me. All I know is what I hear.

So, when I say other bands are more talented, maybe I should have written more musically creative?

I'm no musician, so I wouldn't know if other bands are more talented. I wouldn't have known how talented Rush is if our resident musicians hadn't told me. All I know is what I hear.

So, when I say other bands are more talented, maybe I should have written more musically creative?

Another way to say it is that they resonate with you more than Rush does?

15th May 2006 at the Congress Centre- set list can be found here: http://www.crowesbas...cfm?TapeID=1844

I saw them exactly nine days later, on Rich Robinson's 37th birthday, in Louisville, Kentucky: http://www.crowesbas...cfm?TapeID=1850

:)

Ok...last time I'm gonna hijack this thread....yes that's the show, 2006. I clicked on your link to the Crowesbase and its funny. The Citizen reporter, Lynn Saxberg, who's review is posted there is a good friend of mine and she was with our group of people. It also mentions the 93 show across the river in Hull Quebec which is the other one I went to (also with Lynn & friends). That 93 show was also a great memory because at the time Wayne Gretzky owned the Hull Olympiques hockey team that played out of that arena. Through some other connections we got to watch it out of his private box which was the best seats of the house with our own beer fridge and waitress. :haz:

• Like 1

I don't listen to my Rush cds or vinyl much these days. Between my live recordings and local radio I get my fill. In Canada we have Canadian content rules and I hear at least a dozen Rush songs a day when the radio is on at work. Still more Rush than anything else though.

What are canadian content rules? Radio must play so many canadian bands per hour or something?

http://www.crtc.gc.c...ancon/r_cdn.htm

35% canadian in most cases

Wow. I thought it was a radio station promotion or something: "Canadian Content RULES!!"

• Like 1

I don't listen to my Rush cds or vinyl much these days. Between my live recordings and local radio I get my fill. In Canada we have Canadian content rules and I hear at least a dozen Rush songs a day when the radio is on at work. Still more Rush than anything else though.

What are canadian content rules? Radio must play so many canadian bands per hour or something?

http://www.crtc.gc.c...ancon/r_cdn.htm

35% canadian in most cases

Wow. I thought it was a radio station promotion or something: "Canadian Content RULES!!"

funny coincidence...New World Man came on the radio as I was reading your comment

CanCon Rules!!

Another way to say it is that they resonate with you more than Rush does?

Maybe.

It's all just a matter of music taste in the end.

• Like 2

No need to apologize. As I said, it wasn't a challenge, just a question.

How posts do you have The Who Fan Forum???

:wtf:

How posts do you have The Who Fan Forum???

:wtf:

I don't belong to any other forum. Just here.

By far! I wiped my phone clean of everything and replaced with all the Rush studio and 97 Great Woods Summer Skies bootleg. If I want other music I just listen to the radio.

No. I will go for long periods of time where I won't listen to Rush, then when I do it's "god damn I love these guys".

I like to really listen to Rush and that ain't always possible being a parent with young kids.

Most listened to band? No.

Only band I have traveled 12000 kms for (twice)? Yes.

• Like 1