happy birthday Show of Hands 1-10-1989

robertrobyn

An excellent collection! Love (& still miss) the 3 stooges opener! Some of my favorite live song recordings which include Mission, Force Ten, The Big Money, Manhattan Project, Marathon among many, well hell all of them :LOL:

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

:rush:

• Like 1

yeah still got my VHS too, Force Ten, La Villa and Mission just off the scale... i mean Al is literally crying during his solo at the end of Mission. PLEASE.

Rio & R30 were great dvd's but show of hands easily my fav

Played it to death when it first came out.Got the vhs soon after and wore that out(it was my first Rush video).Only one hiccup,Mystic Rythmns,not a patch on the studio version.

I was at one of the shows records for this album (Brendan Byrne Arena)...seems like yesterday.

Great live document of the 80s Rush era.

ah yes, Brendan Byrne Arena ... The Meadowlands

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODA5WDE2MDA=/z/63cAAOSwYHxWN-8M/$_1.JPG

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I was at one of the shows records for this album (Brendan Byrne Arena)...seems like yesterday.

Great live document of the 80s Rush era.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODA5WDE2MDA=/z/63cAAOSwYHxWN-8M/$_1.JPG

$12.50, holy wow...

I have a ticket from about eight months earlier, Moving Pictures tour, that was only $8.00. I wonder if the popularity of that album was what caused the jump in price (more 50% higher in the same year)...9or if maybe it had to do with the location/market, too (Jackson, Mississippi vs. Brendan Byrne).

Still have the VHS version.

For a long time ASOH on VHS was the only Rush I had.

Finding anything Rush was very hard in Australia years ago.

The band is on fire on ASOH. Absolutely love it.

Looking back, it's a *bit* over-produced, but still one of my favorite live albums in the collection. In some ways, that album is the soundtrack of some of my favorite years. I have very fond memories of listening to it on many a college roadie.

I remember one of my favorite things to do was sync up the VCR and the LP on Force 10 so I could simulate the concert sound in "HiFidelity Stereo" !!! I had it down to a science and impressed many who had never experienced the live Rush experience with sight and sound. Today I just use my 5.1surround sound but for some reason the effect seems not as fun ;) :LOL:
  • Like 2

I remember playing this on a little kids record player at my neighbors house since they didn't have a stereo. Still sounded good.

I'm on the video, you just catch a glimpse of me as the camera pans across the audience before CTTH. Live version of songs from Power Windows and Hold Your Fire miles better than the studio versions.

It's aged well. It's really one of the few good live documents from that period.

It's very intricate and I'm still amazed they were able to pull off the Power Windows and Hold Your Fire songs that well live.