soundcheck in Greensboro, NC, May 28, 2015

Someone told me that they had done Losing It during this soundcheck and previous venues. They just saved it for Toronto I guess.

So the violin player, went to every show with them, but did not get to play at all of them?

Would seem they would know well in advance what songs were to be played?

I am asking.

We were too busy at that pub to be there for that eh John?
  • Like 1

Someone told me that they had done Losing It during this soundcheck and previous venues. They just saved it for Toronto I guess.

So the violin player, went to every show with them, but did not get to play at all of them?

Would seem they would know well in advance what songs were to be played?

I am asking.

We were too busy at that pub to be there for that eh John?

We were! But it was fun!

But my question still begs an answer. Were they prepared to play "Losing It" at every venue? The violin player would have had to travel to every show and not know when he would be asked to play? Or traveled and knew he would not play?

That's what I'm asking.

If they played "Losing It" at our sound check, then that means the violin player was present but not used.

Does not seem right.

• Like 1

Does not seem right.

Probably because it isn't - they were triggering the violin parts during the soundchecks where no violinists were present. Compared with the Official release - the soundcheck version of Losing It is missing loads of violin.

Edited by Sir Lerxst

Does not seem right.

Probably because it isn't - they were triggering the violin parts during the soundchecks where no violinists were present. Compared with the Official release - the soundcheck version of Losing It is missing loads of violin.

Thanks, But why trigger something you don't plan to use and frankly you could not use because the musician was not present?

Did anyone that went to Greensboro hear this song being sound checked? Heard it personally?

There's an interesting bit of the drum check on the recording. It's almost 5 minutes long and you can clearly hear Neil's intermission house music in the background. Must be directly from the soundboard, because overall you can hear people arguing, and (a weird) counting (for whatever reason), as they adjust the sound for the second set.

There's an interesting bit of the drum check on the recording. It's almost 5 minutes long and you can clearly hear Neil's intermission house music in the background. Must be directly from the soundboard, because overall you can hear people arguing, and (a weird) counting (for whatever reason), as they adjust the sound for the second set.

Sounds like they are doing a line check - "one (one) house, two (two) house, three (three) house etc" is referring to the concert toms as they are checking the mic inputs for each. "House" is the term used for the mix position in the center of the arena where the concert sound is mixed. The other voice is that of the monitor engineer who works at a separate console at side of stage.

I think the arguing might be some kind of "humorous" samples / joke, because "Im going to put my nutsack on your drum set" is said twice almost identically.

• Like 1

Sounds like they are doing a line check - "one (one) house, two (two) house, three (three) house etc" is referring to the concert toms as they are checking the mic inputs for each. "House" is the term used for the mix position in the center of the arena where the concert sound is mixed. The other voice is that of the monitor engineer who works at a separate console at side of stage.

I think the arguing might be some kind of "humorous" samples / joke, because "Im going to put my nutsack on your drum set" is said twice almost identically.

Thanks for clarifying. Makes more sense now.

My coolest sound check memory... Ottawa Civic Centre, April 21, 1978... Hemispheres tour... me and buddy got their early, walked around to the back (side actually) of the building, (no security at all) and stood right by the back door and listened to them play through about 5 songs. The only two I recall are Anthem and Closer to the Heart. I think they did parts of Hemispheres too, but don't remember which parts. Way too cool.
  • Like 2

My coolest sound check memory... Ottawa Civic Centre, April 21, 1978... Hemispheres tour... me and buddy got their early, walked around to the back (side actually) of the building, (no security at all) and stood right by the back door and listened to them play through about 5 songs. The only two I recall are Anthem and Closer to the Heart. I think they did parts of Hemispheres too, but don't remember which parts. Way too cool.

Just wanted to say, I'm sure you meant to say Dec 21, 1978 ;)

Oooops, shit... yes, December 21... April 2, was the AFTK Tour. Damn you knowledgeable Rush fans!!

Well only because I was there as you know from our previous discussion :D

Hate to catch you again but that April show was on the 1st and not the 2nd :P

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m563/kamrahai/TRF/1978-04-01-rush%20newsad.jpg

Edited by kamrahai
  • Like 1

Is it someone that know if it exist any more songs from the soundcheck recording then these songs?

Subdivisions

Jacob´s Ladder

Losing It

The Wreckers

The Anarchist

Lakeside Park Guitar

If yes, could someone please share the flac versions of it?