Least Favorite Rush Song Musically?

DirkPrattLerxst

Most of Roll the Bones and most of Presto but if I had to pick one, Superconductor. I still remember watching them play Xanadu on the RTB tour and blasting into that piece of excrement halfway through. Superconductor, by a country mile.
  • Like 1

Madrigal, Cinderella Man, Chemistry, Digital Man, and The Speed of Love are pretty boring to me, I'm sure I could think of more.

Fixed.

Musically, Digital Man is fantastic in my opinion... Ged is all over the place and is very subtle with each run that he does. Lyrically, it is lacking will admit that, but just listen to his isolated track:

it's insane

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cIN6Yt6iV3U

The others, I couldn't agree with more

that is AMAZING. so fluid and gorgeous!

• Like 2

If I had to list some of my least favorite songs and ones that I usually skip, these would be contenders.

You Bet Your Life

Wish Them Well

Tai Shan

Most of Vapor Trails

Most of Presto

Nobody's Hero

Good News First

Edited by EagleMoon

I am the sought of person who will try to find something in the lesser tracks and find myself playing them more to try and find some redeeming feature.Anagram I found to be boring in the verse and the chorus cheesey but the keyboard solo is uplifting.Scars grew on me.Speed of Love I love the dreamy backwards guitar.Good News First is awkward until that beautiful middle eight.What sparked me on to that was on the video of the making of S&A was when it shows Geddy singing that part and how Alex didn't think much of it but it's one of his faves.His solo could have been longer.One Little Victory has that awesome riff but it is awkward and noisy.Carve away the Stone is an ordinary song but i don't hate it.Perhaps the ones I do skip are Freeze and Spindrift.The later albums do have more padding. Not to keen on La Vila or YYZ,too much fiddling about and not enough singing :dweez: :codger: :laughing guy: Edited by grasbo

Nobody's Hero has one of my favourite solos from Alex.Very emotional and gripping like on Afterimage or Between the Wheels.Tai Shan I like the atmospheric keys which fit the lyrics.No it doesn't sound like Rush but I like it when bands take chances unless they start doing stuff like The Crunge or I Was Made For Loving You.

Madrigal, Cinderella Man, Chemistry, Digital Man, and The Speed of Love are pretty boring to me, I'm sure I could think of more.

Fixed.

You're right about the Speed of Love, but The Weapon is just plain :zzz: (to me)

Fixed.

You're right about the Speed of Love, but The Weapon is just plain :zzz: (to me)

Tell that to Lorraine :LOL:

• Like 1

Fixed.

Tell that to Lorraine :LOL:

Apologize to Lorraine, it's just my personal musical taste. :)

If I had to list some of my least favorite songs and ones that I usually skip, these would be contenders.

You Bet Your Life

Wish Them Well

Good News First

I'd go with these plus Face Up, Neurotica, and a few others.

It's kind of hard to break it down to just "musically" since the vocals are part of that with the lyrics being the spark behind the vocals.

• Like 1

Vital Signs and New World Man (Lame attempts at the Police, who I hate already)

Time Stand Still (Cheesy and bland)

Available Light (GUH! Rush tries to do Jazz, i guess? Or maybe not. Either way, terrible melody, with a lame chorus to boot).

Roll The Bones (Main song not too bad, but the rap section...)

Rivendell (SO BORING!)

Edited by Eel Yddeg

Madrigal, by light years. Here again, Mystic Rhythms and The Way the Wind Blows mentioned before Madrigal? :eh:

What?!? Dude repent. Like now!

Blechhhh...

It's one giant :facepalm: of a song.

• Like 1